Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That one has been beaten into a pink mist multiple times. Thy weren't dismantled but rolled into FEMA's agency for handling a bioweapon attack since both would be handled effectively the same way.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      That one has been beaten into a pink mist multiple times. Thy weren't dismantled but rolled into FEMA's agency for handling a bioweapon attack since both would be handled effectively the same way.
      It still has to be Trump's fault somehow!
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        So you are going to play little word games now? I do so often forget how hard it is to get the dishonest to admit their deeds.

You use the term 'Chicom virus' as a pejorative - to try to attach some sort of blame for the virus itself. "chicom" is the pejorative. In case you hadn't noticed, 'virus' is not what makes the term pejorative.

The virus exists because it evolved.

https://www.scripps.edu/news-and-eve...ronavirus.html

And it evolved well enough to spread 2 to 3x as easily as the Flu. It wasn't going to be contained, and neither was Trump going to do anything about it before it became a disaster because the only thing you can do about it is shut down travel and practice social distancing which is a real bummer for the economy. Trump had months to react even with the Chinese failures. And he did one thing during that time: close down travel from China. The equivalent of tossing a glass of water on a bonfire.

Blaming china is a diversion aimed at firing up his base and keeping them from noticing he is the one to blame for what we face right now.
        Riiight. It's me.

I forgot just how much of an apologist you've become for a brutal dictatorship responsible for slaughtering tens of millions of their own people.

The indisputable fact is that their behavior at the beginning of this pandemic was horrific and often deliberately so.

For the first six weeks they intentionally concealed what was going on, destroying evidence like lab samples and tests in order to continue hiding it. They suppressed and punished those who were telling the truth about what was happening. Dr. Li Wenliang, the Chinese whistleblower[1] who tried to issue the first warning about the coronavirus, was arrested and placed under house arrest and then died -- supposedly of the disease. The Chinese government also claims his colleague Mei Zhongming, who also spoke out, has also died, again supposedly of it as well.

Anyone else who spoke out and criticized how the government responded has been "disappeared" and likely won't be heard from again.

Further, they refused outside assistance and wouldn't share the virus so it could be studied not to mention lied to the WHO saying it wasn't transmitted person to person so that they could still travel all over the world free to spread it. That was how it got to Italy so fast.

And since then they've tried to shift blame for what happened by proclaiming that it was the U.S. military that spread it in China.

These weren't mistakes. These were maliciously deliberate. This pandemic is dramatically worse due to the Chinese government's behavior. Anyone who mentions any of this outside the country gets branded as being a xenophobe and racist by the Chicoms and their stooges here[2]. The Chinese communist government (i.e., Chicoms) was and is still far concerned about their image and maintaining an iron grip on China than fighting this deadly disease. It is all about Xi maintaining power and everyone else be damned.

But continue kowtowing to their demands of disassociating them from the coronavirus because after all... orange man bad and it's all his fault.

1. An actual whistleblower, not someone spreading gossip he heard second or third hand.

2. The Chicoms first started screaming racism and xenophobia when Trump stopped travel from China to the U.S. and their allies here immediately started parroting that line even though Fauci has said that "If we had not done that, we would have had many, many more cases right here that we would have to be dealing with."
        Last edited by rogue06; 03-25-2020, 04:04 PM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Keep in mind that it wasn't a permanent agency and was never intended to be one.

Comment

• The growth curve of known cases is bounded by the testing rate and it looks very steep but linear. The true infection rate is in the death figures, day by day, although they are displaced by about three weeks. I have not found growth curves for deaths.

Comment

• Originally posted by little_monkey View Post
              No need to, Trump does it all by himself.
              when the msm takes Trumps words out of context it is the MSM who is trying to make him look bad and the majority of Americans are seeing them for what they do and are try taking those orangeman bad colored glasses off so you can see the truth.

Comment

Keep in mind that it wasn't a permanent agency and was never intended to be one.
                Yep, and there are numerous protocols and procedures in place across a number of agencies for responding to situations like this. Disbanding one small part of one agency didn't impact America's ability to deal with this situation, and Trump was among the first world leaders to take action when he banned travel to and from China in late January, a decision which Democrats and liberals condemned as racist.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

A good workman keeps his tools sharp, for the day he needs them. A country needs to know what capabilities it needs and it has to be able to cope with unexpected events. Emergency drills, and so on are all about being ready.

Comment

Riiight. It's me.

I forgot just how much of an apologist you've become for a brutal dictatorship responsible for slaughtering tens of millions of their own people.
                    That right there defines how absolutely dishonest you are. I do not support the Chinese government in the slightest, and you should know that. But that doesn't stop you from trying to silence me with such ridiculous accusations. Ad hominem at its finest. You can't win the argument, so you go after the integrity of the man.

I am for the truth. And I will not acknowledge a lie even if it is about something as evil as the Chinese governmental system. They did not cause this virus, and it is very unlikely that their actions could have contained it. Further, an equally bad set of deceptions and mistakes have been engaged in by our own government, though they are of a much different character. We aren't letting Doctors that blow the whistle die or herding people with drones, but our government leaders have risked the lives of millions of Americans on their re-election hopes.

What the Chinese government does (appear) to have done is ACT once it was clear it could not be contained. Which is a good bit more than I can say for our own federal government leaders (Not that I would want trump to act completely as they acted). But at least they took action and in the end (appear) to have contained it.

S. Korea HAS contained it using a similar set of actions adopted to the realities of a free and democratic state.

The key difference for both is not sitting on their hands listening to idiot conspiracy theories and pretending there is some reason to think this will just go away!

Unfortunately, we are still playing stupid political games and trying to cast the blame for our own mistakes on other nations.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Yep, and there are numerous protocols and procedures in place across a number of agencies for responding to situations like this. Disbanding one small part of one agency didn't impact America's ability to deal with this situation, and Trump was among the first world leaders to take action when he banned travel to and from China in late January, a decision which Democrats and liberals condemned as racist.
                      IT doesn't matter what procedures are in place for an emergency situation if the person at the helm doesn't have the sense to know he needs to act and he needs to act quickly.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        and if they are infected they are spreading all the way there, every time they stop for food, ask for direction, stop to go to the bathroom or get gas. And they have no where to actually stay once they get there. Do you expect them to sleep in their car? They would have to go to a hotel, exposing the hotel staff, and they would have to venture out to get food and supplies. People aren't going to go to some place distant and self-isolate. Nice concept but if they are scared enough to run, they won't care who they expose.
                        You may have missed this: I hope anyone who can escape NYC and self-isolate in another location does so. Lot's of space up here in Vermont!

The trip from NYC is about five hours with the road clear, so there is no need to do anything other than stop for gas, which can be done safely with reasonable precautions. Obviously, if they do not have a destination, they are not one of the people I am referencing.
                        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

You guys are easily fooled, aren't you? Anything you think might make President Trump look bad, and you run with it. Dr. Fauci has repeatedly chastised liberals in general and the mainstream media in particular for trying to drive a wedge between he and the President. He says it's not going to work, and people need to get their priorities in order.

Oh I agree with his sentiment, MM. It's one of the reasons I like him. Unfortunately, I don't think it will permit him to survive.

We'll see...
                          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            That right there defines how absolutely dishonest you are. I do not support the Chinese government in the slightest, and you should know that. But that doesn't stop you from trying to silence me with such ridiculous accusations. Ad hominem at its finest. You can't win the argument, so you go after the integrity of the man.

I am for the truth. And I will not acknowledge a lie even if it is about something as evil as the Chinese governmental system. They did not cause this virus, and it is very unlikely that their actions could have contained it. Further, an equally bad set of deceptions and mistakes have been engaged in by our own government, though they are of a much different character. We aren't letting Doctors that blow the whistle die or herding people with drones, but our government leaders have risked the lives of millions of Americans on their re-election hopes.

What the Chinese government does (appear) to have done is ACT once it was clear it could not be contained. Which is a good bit more than I can say for our own federal government leaders (Not that I would want trump to act completely as they acted). But at least they took action and in the end (appear) to have contained it.

S. Korea HAS contained it using a similar set of actions adopted to the realities of a free and democratic state.

The key difference for both is not sitting on their hands listening to idiot conspiracy theories and pretending there is some reason to think this will just go away!

Unfortunately, we are still playing stupid political games and trying to cast the blame for our own mistakes on other nations.
                            You just bend the knee to them because they're fellow travelers in that they don't like Trump either. Any enemy of my enemy... right?

Comment

That one has been beaten into a pink mist multiple times. Thy weren't dismantled but rolled into FEMA's agency for handling a bioweapon attack since both would be handled effectively the same way.
                              Tell that to Beth Cameron who headed the office in 2015, who said "Our team would likely have spotted the Covid 19 virus long before there were cases in the U.S. We would definitely have been sending up flares."

Or

Dr. Anthony Fauci, head of the NIH, who said, "we worked really well with that office, it would be nice if it were still there."

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                                Well they are probably just spreading the disease up here... Right now my county only has three known cases. So yes Hide the wimmin and childrin...
                                I read somewhere that the Governor of Florida somehow blocked flights from New York for just that reason?
                                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment