Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I disagree. first, carrying guns in a protest that is not focused on the 2nd amendment itself is itself threatening - not peaceful. Your unwillingness to acknowledge that obvious reality is purely political. Second, doing that (carrying guns in a protest against masks) sends the message this is an issue worthy of resisting with deadly force.

What actually motivated them, if they'd have done that regardless of such protests, is impossible to know. So I'm going to leave it at we disagree.
    Any fascistic infringement of Constitutionally guaranteed liberties is, ultimately, "worthy of resisting with deadly force."
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• By now, multiple studies from Europe, Japan, and the US all suggest that the overall fatality rate is far lower than early estimates, perhaps below 0.1 to 0.4%, i.e., ten to forty times lower than estimates that motivated extreme isolation.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-to-lockdowns/
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        By now, multiple studies from Europe, Japan, and the US all suggest that the overall fatality rate is far lower than early estimates, perhaps below 0.1 to 0.4%, i.e., ten to forty times lower than estimates that motivated extreme isolation.

Shocking that you didn't quote the testimony *from that very article* which disagrees with your quoted section. What a shameful lie of omission, WW.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          Any fascistic infringement of Constitutionally guaranteed liberties is, ultimately, "worthy of resisting with deadly force."
          You are not guaranteed the liberty to infect others with a potentially deadly disease however you want and whenever you want. And unfortunately from your perspective, we are responsible for protecting others from dangers we may bring into their presence.

Wearing masks in public is simply part of our duty to others to care for their well being. And as far as I'm concerned people that resist that are immature, selfish, and without compassion for others and/or are ignorant of the danger they pose to others without wearing one.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-07-2020, 09:29 PM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
            Shocking that you didn't quote the testimony *from that very article* which disagrees with your quoted section. What a shameful lie of omission, WW.
            And too bad I didn't provide a link to the article so that people could read the whole thing for themselves.

Oh, wait, I did!
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              By now, multiple studies from Europe, Japan, and the US all suggest that the overall fatality rate is far lower than early estimates, perhaps below 0.1 to 0.4%, i.e., ten to forty times lower than estimates that motivated extreme isolation.

And you wonder why I dont read Breitbart. Sure its no worse than the flu. That's why 26 of 80 residents in the nearby nursing home died when covid 19 found them. That is why my friend a littke younger than me died when covid 19 fiund her.That is why after just a few months more people have died of this thing than the worst flu years over a full 5 to 6 month flu season - and that with intense social distancing hampering its spread.. And why morgues overflowed in NYC and they had to bring in freezer trucks to hold the extra bodies.

I dont read breitbart because they are idiots, and so are you for continuing to try to pretend this thing is no big deal.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                Out of curiosity, what do you think about the movement where people open carry into restaurants just to demonstrate that they can?

It seems counterproductive to me because all it has done thus far is prompt several restaurants/stores to clarify their policies to ban all carrying, even concealed, whereas they had left it a grey area previously. It also seems immature; it seems like a Second Amendment version of walking around shouting profanity just to demonstrate one has First Amendment rights.
                Carrying long guns in that context seems awkward. I'd have no problem seeing someone with multiple holstered sidearms visible. It's not something I *do* see often, but I can't imagine it would bother me. I think people who get all twitchy about that are pansies.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                  As the deaths due to gun violence has climbed, the call for tighter gun controls has also increased. Although I used to be a moderate on this issue, I have now become far left - mostly thanks to you and those like you here and on other fora. I now believe the 2nd Amendment should be repealed and replaced with an amendment that recognizes gun ownership as a responsibility to be earned rather than a right to be protected. And I believe guns should be forcefully taken (if necessary) from those who will not comply with reasonable gun controls, among which I include universal background checks, required gun safes (or other gun locking mechanism), training/certification for use, a limitation on magazine capacity, and a national gun registration database.

We are permitting an army of fanatics to arm themselves in our midst. Something needs to be done about it. Every protesters that shows up to a "peaceful protest" armed further demonstrates that need.
                  And I sincerely hope that such efforts will be resisted with any and all methods and levels of force -- political first, deadly if necessary.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by little_monkey View Post
                    Meanwhile Trump is dismantling the coronavirus task force because, because...I guess Trump has defeated the virus... When's the ticker tape parade??
                    Fake News.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

And you wonder why I dont read Breitbart. Sure its no worse than the flu. That's why 26 of 80 residents in the nearby nursing home died when covid 19 found them. That is why my friend a littke younger than me died when covid 19 fiund her.That is why after just a few months more people have died of this thing than the worst flu years over a full 5 to 6 month flu season - and that with intense social distancing hampering its spread.. And why morgues overflowed in NYC and they had to bring in freezer trucks to hold the extra bodies.

I dont read breitbart because they are idiots, and so are you for continuing to try to pretend this thing is no big deal.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• What Cuomo did or did not do has nothing to do with a 30% kill rate at a nursing home in Maryland where the virus found it's way into a nursing home through staff who did not know they were sick because there is not enough testing capacity to screen asymptomatic workers.
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-08-2020, 05:59 AM.

Comment

What Cuomo did or did not do has nothing to do with a 30% kill rate at a nursing home in Maryland where the virus found it's way into a nursing home through staff who did not know they were sick because there is not enough testing capacity to screen asymptomatic workers.
                          The fatality rate for the Chicom coronavirus in nursing homes is not exactly a state secret and yet Cuomo forced them to take those infected with it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            The fatality rate for the Chicom coronavirus in nursing homes is not exactly a state secret and yet Cuomo forced them to take those infected with it.
                            What about Maryland is not New York has you confused?

My comment in my post wrt nursing homes relates to a nursing home in maryland. My comment about freezer trucks in New York relates to hospitals, not nursing homes.and was before cuomos order, which was aimed at relieving overburdened hospitals.

And my entire post is about the irresponsible and brain dead attempts to pretend this virus is no worse than the flu. Gave all of you simply gone daft?
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-08-2020, 06:12 AM.

Comment

What about Maryland is not New York has you confused?
                              What about the fatality rate for the Chicom coronavirus in nursing homes is not exactly a state secret are you unable to grasp? All you did is confirm how vulnerable such facilities are -- something Cuomo should have considered when he forced them to take in folks infected with the disease.

How many people died as a result of Cuomo's stupidity? How much worse was the Chicom coronavirus in New York (which has seen far more deaths than any other region in the country) as a result of Cuomo's actions?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                What about the fatality rate for the Chicom coronavirus in nursing homes is not exactly a state secret are you unable to grasp? All you did is confirm how vulnerable such facilities are -- something Cuomo should have considered when he forced them to take in folks infected with the disease.

How many people died as a result of Cuomo's stupidity? How much worse was the Chicom coronavirus in New York (which has seen far more deaths than any other region in the country) as a result of Cuomo's actions?
                                Are you really going to be so assinely stupid as to claim that the only reason covid-19 was more deadly than the flu in nyc was cuomos desire to have some nursing home patients with covid 19 treated in those nursing home facilities equipped to do so?

And how exactly does cuomos order result in a 30% kill rate in a nursing home in maryland?

Comment