Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden Losing His Grip on Sanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems that Bernie, being the feckless wimp he is, is not going to attack like we expected he wouldn't. He even gave Biden a heads-up on what questions and issues Bernie would bring up during the debate, which indicates he's probably just trying to inject progressive policies into the discussion, hoping Biden adopts them into his campaign. DNC can't let this guy debate Trump for the sake of the country. I'm being serious.

Comment

• Which is twice what you are

So you didn't learn your lesson. Trying to prove that adage from Santayana? To paraphrase, Those who do not learn from their history are doomed to repeat it.

And yet an official statement from the American Psychiatric Association (APA) in 2018:

Source: APA Calls for End to 'Armchair' Psychiatry

Today, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) reiterates its continued and unwavering commitment to the ethical principle known as "The Goldwater Rule." We at the APA call for an end to psychiatrists providing professional opinions in the media about public figures whom they have not examined, whether it be on cable news appearances, books, or in social media. Armchair psychiatry or the use of psychiatry as a political tool is the misuse of psychiatry and is unacceptable and unethical.

The ethical principle, in place since 1973, guides physician members of the APA to refrain from publicly issuing professional medical opinions about individuals that they have not personally evaluated in a professional setting or context. Doing otherwise undermines the credibility and integrity of the profession and the physician-patient relationship. Although APA's ethical guidelines can only be enforced against APA members, we urge all psychiatrists, regardless of membership, to abide by this guidance in respect of our patients and our profession.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Sounds like someone else just got excoriated.

And this wasn't the first time that the APA felt it necessary to remind their fellow shrinks about the Goldwater Rule. As NPR notes that did so just two years prior to the warning issued above

Source: Psychiatrists Reminded To Refrain From Armchair Analysis Of Public Figures

Source

© Copyright Original Source

So unless they have personally examined someone their code of conduct prohibits them from offering up diagnoses.
      Last edited by rogue06; 03-13-2020, 05:48 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        You forgot to add "you lying dog-faced pony soldier!"
        If you will.

At the time I posted my comment, there was tremendous pressure being put on Sanders to concede before the next debate and hand the nomination to Joe, but Sanders has refused.
        No there wasn't.

What Republican rivals? He's running uncontested.
        William Weld.

Comment

• Hey, Jimmy, did you hear the latest? Joe Biden came up with a great plan for dealing with the China virus. In fact, the plan was so good that Trump put it into action weeks and months before Joe even thought of it!
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Hey, Jimmy, did you hear the latest? Joe Biden came up with a great plan for dealing with the China virus. In fact, the plan was so good that Trump put it into action weeks and months before Joe even thought of it!
            Yes, we all saw how Trump jumped right on it, by dibanding the global pandemic response team and rejecting the testing kits of the WHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              Yes, we all saw how Trump jumped right on it, by dibanding the global pandemic response team and rejecting the testing kits of the WHO.
              Still promoting that fake news, huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

So unless they have personally examined someone their code of conduct prohibits them from offering up diagnoses.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  The claim that Trump hamstrung the CDC has been thoroughly and completely debunked by several independent sources now like this one.

And those test kits had a 30% false negative rate. That means nearly a third of those being tested that have the virus were being told that they didn't have it. That made them worse than useless. It made them dangerous. This was why we started developing our own test kits.

And btw, it was the CDC, not Trump, that rejected those test kits and for the very reason that I just gave.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• You know what they say about opinions. Just like a particular orifice (the one from which most of your posts apparently originate from) everyone has one.

Moreover, the APA obviously does not distinguish between "professional opinions" and diagnoses.

Comment

Still promoting that fake news, huh?
                      What else do you expect from someone who's still pushing the collusion delusion? I don't think anyone in such an advanced stage of TDS can help himself.

Comment

• Anyone else here familiar with Executive Order 13887 signed by Trump back in September of last year?

Comment

The claim that Trump hamstrung the CDC has been thoroughly and completely debunked by several independent sources now like this one.

And those test kits had a 30% false negative rate. That means nearly a third of those being tested that have the virus were being told that they didn't have it. That made them worse than useless. It made them dangerous. This was why we started developing our own test kits.

And btw, it was the CDC, not Trump, that rejected those test kits and for the very reason that I just gave.
                          You know better than to let the facts get in the way of a good narrative.

Comment

Anyone else here familiar with Executive Order 13887 signed by Trump back in September of last year?
                            Any day now, Joe Biden will announce that he just had another a great idea for an executive order he would issue if he was president...

Comment

• Maybe we should let Biden speak for himself regarding any diminished mental capacity that he may be experiencing.

CBS films Biden shopping for books on dementia

Pretty much says it all

Comment

Maybe we should let Biden speak for himself regarding any diminished mental capacity that he may be experiencing.

CBS films Biden shopping for books on dementia

Pretty much says it all
                                I'm hoping DNC replaces him. We can't let this guy debate Trump. That will be a national disaster.

Comment