Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Iowa Primary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, Shadow, Inc, the company who designed the app is linked to Hillary...

In 2016, for the first time, precinct chairs used a smartphone app built by Microsoft to relay results to party headquarters, enabling faster reporting than communicating via telephone hotline. This year, with the state party promising to disclose more granular data than in the past, the job of coding the app went to
    https://www.latimes.com/business/tec...ucus-app-snafu

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      So much for the polls and your predictions.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42525[/ATTACH]
      Meh. With still over a quarter of the votes to be tallied Sanders and Buttigieg are close enough that Sanders could still overtake him.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Meh. With still over a quarter of the votes to be tallied Sanders and Buttigieg are close enough that Sanders could still overtake him.
        As I understand it, while Sanders is currently leading in total votes, Buttigieg is leading in delegate votes... which seems odd given the way Democrats have been screaming for the last three years about the sanctity of the popular vote, yet they've apparently devised a system where the popular vote winner can still come in 2nd place.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Never rush to ascribe to malice what can easily be attributed to incompetence. Those of you who are rushing to promote a conspiracy are the same ones who laugh at people concerned about Russian interference four years ago, no?
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            ...yet they've apparently devised a system where the popular vote winner can still come in 2nd place.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              Never rush to ascribe to malice what can easily be attributed to incompetence. Those of you who are rushing to promote a conspiracy are the same ones who laugh at people concerned about Russian interference four years ago, no?
              I'm in the "incredibly incompetent Democrats" camp - not any conspiracy. Just for the record.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                I'm in the "incredibly incompetent Democrats" camp - not any conspiracy. Just for the record.
                But conspiracies are so much fun!
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  But conspiracies are so much fun!
                  Which is why I kinda jokingly bring them up from time to time -- but, if ever in doubt, ask!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Same here although there are a few extraordinary coincidences. I'm just hard-pressed to believe that they would deliberately do so much damage to themselves in this manner.

The Keystone Kops want to run the country

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Same here although there are a few extraordinary coincidences. I'm just hard-pressed to believe that they would deliberately do so much damage to themselves in this manner.

The Keystone Kops want to run the country
                      But, let's toss in another nutty conspiracy theory just for fun!!!!

The Iowa Democrats are BRILLIANT ---- if they hadn't done it this way, we would have been all done talking about them LONG ago.

But, NO.... they knew Trump's SOTU speech was going to be awesome, so they purposely held back results, to trickle out a little at a time, and got Nancy to tear up the speech so we're talking about Iowa and Shredgate*!!!!

*I said it first!!!!

Comment

LOL, Shadow, Inc, the company who designed the app is linked to Hillary...

In 2016, for the first time, precinct chairs used a smartphone app built by Microsoft to relay results to party headquarters, enabling faster reporting than communicating via telephone hotline. This year, with the state party promising to disclose more granular data than in the past, the job of coding the app went to
                        https://www.latimes.com/business/tec...ucus-app-snafu
                        There's actually more than enough evidence to suggest Buttigieg did the meddling. Even if it was just a series of historical mishaps, there's enough smoke to yell obvious fire. Not only did he give contributions to the company, but he confidently announced victory when everyone wasn't sure what was going on. Now apparently the results have been taken over by the DNC who will do the rest of the tallying, so it will be interesting to see the results from that.

Comment

Another interesting factoid is that the Iowa turnout was low. Conspiracies aside, that's obviously bad news for the Dems in the 2020 election overall.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                            Another interesting factoid is that the Iowa turnout was low. Conspiracies aside, that's obviously bad news for the Dems in the 2020 election overall.
                            The state demographics show about an even split between republicans and democrats, but I am betting that because most of Iowa is rural and farmers, even the democrats there are more likely to be moderate to conservative. They are probably going to vote for Trump after seeing how far left the Democrats have gone over the last 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              I though the Dems were all fired up?

Comment

The state demographics show about an even split between republicans and democrats, but I am betting that because most of Iowa is rural and farmers, even the democrats there are more likely to be moderate to conservative. They are probably going to vote for Trump after seeing how far left the Democrats have gone over the last 4 years.
                                Farmers have been battered by the trade war. You can bet Trump isn't taking them for granted.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment