Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Impeachment Standards: Dershowitz and Philbin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember a lot of Republicans very concerned about his Mormonism, and his electability.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I remember a lot of Republicans very concerned about his Mormonism, and his electability.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Yeah, I don't remember a whole lot of enthusiasm for Romney --- he seemed like a "nice guy" with no "fire in his belly".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, I don't remember a whole lot of enthusiasm for Romney --- he seemed like a "nice guy" with no "fire in his belly".
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• By all accounts (I think) he did a good job salvaging the Olympics, but that was his claim to fame, no? I think that's what made him think he could be a national leader.

ETA: OK, maybe not...

Romney's Olympic Legacy: Savior Or Self-Promoter?

Comment

Yeah, I don't remember a whole lot of enthusiasm for Romney --- he seemed like a "nice guy" with no "fire in his belly".
              I distinctly recall a headline along the lines of "Falling in Like with Mitt".
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

By all accounts (I think) he did a good job salvaging the Olympics, but that was his claim to fame, no? I think that's what made him think he could be a national leader.

GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• If you remember, his idol, Joseph Smith, also had his eye on being POTUS back in his day. The Mormons NEED their guy in the Oval Office.

Joseph_Smith_presidential_election_pamphlet,_1844.jpg

Comment

I remember a lot of Republicans very concerned about his Mormonism, and his electability.
                    I was. That was the one election I refused to vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      I was. That was the one election I refused to vote.
                      I voted "for" Romney as a protest to Obama, knowing that Romney had a snowball's chance in the hot place. But there were numerous other people and issues on the ballot, so...

Comment

By all accounts (I think) he did a good job salvaging the Olympics, but that was his claim to fame, no? I think that's what made him think he could be a national leader.

Which coincidentally came out in 2012 before the election.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I voted "for" Romney as a protest to Obama, knowing that Romney had a snowball's chance in the hot place. But there were numerous other people and issues on the ballot, so...
                          Romney was going to win in Georgia so it was a year that I could vote third party or protest vote

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Ah, the Drama Queen found a poll that supports his opinion!
                            I can play that game, but with an AGGREGATE of polls.
                            It seems like the more the liberals work to kick Trump out, the LESS the public is persuaded!
                            By you presumably mean, in your typically myopic way, the conservative Christian base that identifies with Trump and supports him come what may.

So, all of a sudden, an anti-homosexual pro-life Republican is your best friend.
                            No more myyour
                            You are SUCH a sell-out to the LGBXTKYS+++ community.
                            You are SUCH a DRAMA QUEEN.

Romney believes in the planet Kolob.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              you presumably mean, in your typically myopic way, the conservative Christian base that identifies with Trump and supports him come what may.

No more myyour
                              Seriously, CP believes in imaginary places called heaven and hell, and in an imaginary bad guy who whispers evil thoughts in his ear not to mention his belief in demons, angels and such, and yet he is mocking the crazy beliefs of others. You can't make this stuff up!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Seriously, CP believes in imaginary places called heaven and hell,
                                I believe in heaven and hell, yes, and one day you'll discover they're not imaginary at all. Your colleague, Ox, believes in them, too (or did at one time).

and in an imaginary bad guy who whispers evil thoughts in his ear
                                As always, you go too far with your empty-headed exaggerations.

not to mention his belief in demons, angels and such,
                                You're back to fact!

and yet he is mocking the crazy beliefs of others. You can't make this stuff up!
                                I know it's really hard for you to grasp concepts, Jim, but there's a difference between believing in something that has been proven to be absolutely NOT true, and believing in something that has NOT been proven not true.

Comment