Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's speech malfunctions from Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    The contributor of the linked article is in a much better position than you to express an opinion about the state of Trump's mental health. "Lance Dodes, M.D. is a Training and Supervising Analyst Emeritus with the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute and was assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School..."

http://www.drlancedodes.com/bio/

And he is but one of several authoritative opinions referenced in the same Newsweek article.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...fessor-1468441

Attempting to dismiss all concerns and criticisms of Trump as TDS is merely avoiding the issue.
    A real psychiatrist would know he can't diagnose someone he has never met or had a session with. The fact that this guy does, shows that he is suffering from TDS.

Comment

• This almost seems like a "get even" thread for all the observations of Hillary's coughing, stumbling, slurring, "freeze" moments....
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        This almost seems like a "get even" thread for all the observations of Hillary's coughing, stumbling, slurring, "freeze" moments....
        As noted, with Trump it appears to be a one time occurrence whereas with Hillary it was an ongoing thing over nearly a year. Further, nobody is getting unceremoniously fired if they dare to ask questions about her health.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Does the fact that this was a one time thing which hasn't been repeated mean anything to anyone? I mean if it is due to an illness or disorder it should be a regular thing.
          Don't argue with me argue with those who said it it such as "Lance Dodes, M.D. Training and Supervising Analyst Emeritus with the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute and assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School..."

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          As noted, with Trump it appears to be a one time occurrence whereas with Hillary it was an ongoing thing over nearly a year.
          Last edited by Tassman; 02-01-2020, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Don't argue with me argue with those who said it it such as "Lance Dodes, M.D. Training and Supervising Analyst Emeritus with the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute and assistant clinical professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School..."
            Why should I argue with someone who has never seen Trump but made his diagnosis sitting in his house watching TV?

Let's not forget repeatedly being hauled up stairs being held up by people on either side of her and unceremoniously tossed into the back of her van like a sack of potatoes by her security detail during the 9/11 commemorations after she collapsed -- the latter incident shredding the claims that she's healthy.

As for Pelosi, it wasn't that her face was distorted but that she got the reputation for being the "unblinking one" (drinking games were actually based on it) likely due to too much botox.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Why should I argue with someone who has never seen Trump
              Because prof. Lance Dodes is highly qualified in the field - as are John M. Talmadge, MD, a physician and clinical professor of psychiatry at U.T. Southwestern Medical Center; Daniel Gilbert, a professor of psychology at Harvard University; Bandy Lee, MD, a Yale psychiatrist and others in the link all saying much the same thing about Trump's mental health.

Let's not forget repeatedly being hauled up stairs being held up by people on either side of her and unceremoniously tossed into the back of her van like a sack of potatoes by her security detail during the 9/11 commemorations after she collapsed -- the latter incident shredding the claims that she's healthy.

As for Pelosi, it wasn't that her face was distorted but that she got the reputation for being the "unblinking one" (drinking games were actually based on it) likely due to too much botox.

Comment

• Honestly, I think Nutty Nancy's facial issues could be solved with good dental implants.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Gladly. They are sufferers of TDS and are so addled by their demented states that they have abandoned all pretense of professional ethics; accordingly, I am every bit as qualified to diagnose their mental deficiencies as they are to comment on Trump's.

"...psychologists cannot ethically comment on someone they have not evaluated in a clinical role/relationship. ... it is generally unacceptable for professional psychologists to comment on a specific person in the media."

Here.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Another collection of Trump's greatest hits. What a sleepy boy he is!

Comment

Because prof. Lance Dodes is highly qualified in the field - as are John M. Talmadge, MD, a physician and clinical professor of psychiatry at U.T. Southwestern Medical Center; Daniel Gilbert, a professor of psychology at Harvard University; Bandy Lee, MD, a Yale psychiatrist and others in the link all saying much the same thing about Trump's mental health.

Then they ought to be the first ones to tell you that such diagnoses are utterly worthless and those who make them are either quacks or have ulterior motives.

Btw, fits of inappropriate laughter are often the sign of a variety of disorders. You might want to have that looked into to find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                        Gladly. They are sufferers of TDS and are so addled by their demented states that they have abandoned all pretense of professional ethics; accordingly, I am every bit as qualified to diagnose their mental deficiencies as they are to comment on Trump's.

"...psychologists cannot ethically comment on someone they have not evaluated in a clinical role/relationship. ... it is generally unacceptable for professional psychologists to comment on a specific person in the media."

Here.
                        Yeah, it's a gross violations of professional ethics but it's okay since orange man bad smiley fist shake.gif smiley swear.gif smiley fist shake.gif

Comment

Then they ought to be the first ones to tell you that such diagnoses are utterly worthless
                          They are the opinions of qualified, experienced professionals in the field, not clinical diagnoses per se. And since when did you become qualified to offer gratuitous opinions on the role of psychiatry?

and those who make them are either quacks or have ulterior motives.
                          https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...fessor-1468441

Btw, fits of inappropriate laughter are often the sign of a variety of disorders. You might want to have that looked into to find out.
                          What inappropriate laughter?

Comment

• Only a quack would attempt to diagnose someone they haven't personally examined.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                              Another collection of Trump's greatest hits. What a sleepy boy he is!
                              I can find similar videos documenting lots of public figures. Dementia must be a pretty common condition among the rich and famous.
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                                I can find similar videos documenting lots of public figures. Dementia must be a pretty common condition among the rich and famous.
                                As I've said before, I think if any of us had as much public exposure as a typical politician, it would be trivial to put together a montage of us stuttering, mixing up our words, making simple mistakes, exhibiting unusual mannerisms, and so on.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment