Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christianity Today Op Ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    And people like you who get their news from FOX, Breitbart and all the other nutcase conservative fake news sites out there aren't in a propaganda bubble, right?
    Only possible way to not get trapped in a bubble is to get info from both sources and then weigh one against the other, with partisan bias in consideration, and then use cross-references of original documents if possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      Sure, now is this proof of guilt or guilt, by association?
      I'm just trying to understand how you separate true things from false things and that was a clear example of something which is probably true.

While I wouldn't support impeachment or anything like that over mere association, wouldn't you agree that it raises questions about why the presidents personal lawyer is working with individuals recently arrested for campaign finance violations?

Comment

• Screenshot_20200104-160932.jpg

Oh, hey, it's a photo caption that ignored someone doing the sieg heil to focus on a child in an American flag punisher shirt giving a thumbs down

This, in one photo, is how the mainstream press covers for this fool in Chief

The collective inability for the conservatives on this website to even recognize this baffles me. The mainstream press has absolutely coddled this man, content to milk him for ratings.
        Last edited by Jaecp; 01-04-2020, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]41820[/ATTACH]

Oh, hey, it's a photo caption that ignored someone doing the sieg heil to focus on a child in an American flag punisher shirt giving a thumbs down

This, in one photo, is how the mainstream press covers for this fool in Chief

The collective inability for the conservatives on this website to even recognize this baffles me. The mainstream press has absolutely coddled this man, content to milk him for ratings.
          The fact that they published the picture at all would seem to contradict your narrative.

Although to be fair, a still image can be deceiving. I can think of a number of innocent gestures that if captured at just the right moment could look like a "sieg heil" salute, so it seems plausible that it's not captioned that way because the photographer knew that's not what the man was doing, but they published the picture anyway knowing that gullible nuts like you would jump to a false conclusion.

Just for fun...

Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-04-2020, 07:24 PM.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Honestly, I don't know where you're finding positive coverage of Trump in mainstream news.
            The only difference with international coverage is that there's not the equivalent of Breitbart or FOX News to provide some balance.

Comment

• MM,

None of those people are sieg heiling.

Trump supporters throw the nazi salute sometimes and this is one of those times. The Media doesn't mention it. Posting a bunch of photos of a politician in some sort of midwave means nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk
              Last edited by Jaecp; 01-05-2020, 03:41 AM.

Comment

• Also,

Did I say that the american press gave him positive coverage?

I said they coddled the man.

Tassman, you want to go start a subreddit with me or something? In the 3 years since I left it seems many of the remaining posters no longer know how to read and your talents are better served with a community larger than 15 moderators and 3 regular posters or whatever is left here. Message me your facebook or twitter or something
                Last edited by Jaecp; 01-05-2020, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Tassman, you want to go start a subreddit with me or something? In the 3 years since I left it seems many of the remaining posters no longer know how to read and your talents are better served with a community larger than 15 moderators and 3 regular posters or whatever is left here. Message me your facebook or twitter or something
                  Tempting.

You're right, but this takes very little time and occupies the spare moments at work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    Tempting.

You're right, but this takes very little time and occupies the spare moments at work.
                    I get that, but these morons think that you're the idiot and its just gotten more obvious in my time apart

Comment

Also,

Did I say that the american press gave him positive coverage?

I said they coddled the man.

Maybe you can take little jimmy with you since you're obviously using his bong

"coddled" smiley snicker.gif

Also, "3 years"? Apparently counting all the way up to three is a challenge for you since you can't get it right

And you did a good deal of PMing during that time as well
                      Last edited by rogue06; 01-05-2020, 07:35 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        The fact that they published the picture at all would seem to contradict your narrative.

Although to be fair, a still image can be deceiving. I can think of a number of innocent gestures that if captured at just the right moment could look like a "sieg heil" salute, so it seems plausible that it's not captioned that way because the photographer knew that's not what the man was doing, but they published the picture anyway knowing that gullible nuts like you would jump to a false conclusion.

Just for fun...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41821[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]41822[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]41823[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]41824[/ATTACH]
                        Why stop there?

The point is that you can take a picture of anyone raising or lowering their arm or just waving and proclaim that they're giving a Nazi salute. And with Beto, who's arms move like windmill blades when he talks ...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Maybe you can take little jimmy with you since you're obviously using his bong

"coddled" [ATTACH=CONFIG]41847[/ATTACH]

Also, "3 years"? Apparently counting all the way up to three is a challenge for you since you can't get it right

And you did a good deal of PMing during that time as well
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                            I'm just trying to understand how you separate true things from false things and that was a clear example of something which is probably true.

While I wouldn't support impeachment or anything like that over mere association, wouldn't you agree that it raises questions about why the presidents personal lawyer is working with individuals recently arrested for campaign finance violations?
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

MM,

None of those people are sieg heiling.

Trump supporters throw the nazi salute sometimes and this is one of those times. The Media doesn't mention it. Posting a bunch of photos of a politician in some sort of midwave means nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk
                              Right, and posting pictures of Trump supporters in mid-wave doesn't mean anything, either. (It's always amusing when someone gets my point without actually getting it. )

And then you link to a video of a Neo Nazi giving a speech to a roomful of "alt right" nuts, and this is supposed to prove... what, exactly?
                              Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-05-2020, 12:57 PM.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

Comment