Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christianity Today Op Ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    First of all Trump, a sitting president can't be indicted, but yes he solicited Russia's help in the election and they acted on his request. 2. Paul Manafort, Trumps campaign manager colluded with the Russians turning over polling and targeting data in order that they could influence the vote in key areas. Point is Putin wanted Trump to win, Trump welcomed and encouraged their interference and Putin won. Thank you Trumpsters.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      I wear your disdain with pride pix but also with a great deal of sadness because of what it means about you.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You tell your story well MM. Too bad it isnt reality.
        I am doing nothing more than telling the truth.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          I am doing nothing more than telling the truth.
          Nope. While you might be able to make a case for legal exception based on some legal standard of required evidence, any spin that doesnt recognize Trump was manipulating ukraine with monies allocated by congress for personal gain is a denial of reality.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Mueller found plenty of evidence. The fact you wont acknowledge that is the deception you've bought into and the reason it is impossible to discuss rationally what is actually happening.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• While I do think oxmixmudd can be a bit overbearing in his Trump dislike--then again, others here go overboard with their Trump approval--to call him a clone of Jorge is going way too far.

Comment

Mueller found plenty of evidence. The fact you wont acknowledge that is the deception you've bought into and the reason it is impossible to discuss rationally what is actually happening.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                  While I do think oxmixmudd can be a bit overbearing in his Trump dislike--then again, others here go overboard with their Trump approval--to call him a clone of Jorge is going way too far.
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Was there nothing in the Muellar report that you found concerning at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                      Was there nothing in the Muellar report that you found concerning at all?
                      Concerning in the sense that it started with a total lie that was used to smear a president because Hillary lost? Yeah, I find that rather concerning myself, you?
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        Concerning in the sense that it started with a total lie that was used to smear a president because Hillary lost? Yeah, I find that rather concerning myself, you?
                        Too bad for you that wasn't in the Mueller report, Lilpix. Care to try again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                          Was there nothing in the Muellar report that you found concerning at all?
                          What was actually needed was a smoking gun.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Too bad for you that wasn't in the Mueller report, Lilpix. Care to try again?
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That is the story you tell as the president clearly cooperated with russians and russian interests in 2016. How we ever got to the point a conservative person like yourself, ostensibly loyal to the flag and the constitution, could be seduced into findind that acceptable I will never understand.

To say that cooperation did not happen because the Mueller report could not prove the more heinous collusion is itself deluded.
                              Yes, of course it happened. It is disingenuous to say otherwise. "Mueller told U.S. lawmakers on Wednesday that the Russian campaign to interfere in the 2016 election and https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/07/24...-intelligence/

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                                Yes, of course it happened. It is disingenuous to say otherwise. "Mueller told U.S. lawmakers on Wednesday that the Russian campaign to interfere in the 2016 election and https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/07/24...-intelligence/
                                From Mueller's own report:

"The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

Also, the case for Russian meddling in Mueller's own report is exceptionally weak and contradictory:

Source: Real Clear Investigations

None of this means that the Mueller report's core finding of "sweeping and systematic" Russian government election interference is necessarily false. But his report does not present sufficient evidence to substantiate it. This shortcoming has gone overlooked in the partisan battle over two more highly charged aspects of Mueller's report: potential Trump-Russia collusion and Trump's potential obstruction of the resulting investigation. As Mueller prepares to testify before House committees later this month, the questions surrounding his claims of a far-reaching Russian influence campaign are no less important. They raise doubts about the genesis and perpetuation of Russiagate and the performance of those tasked with investigating it.

https://www.realclearinvestigations....ng_claims.html

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment