Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christianity Today Op Ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
    Translation: "Trump is going down this time, really!!!!!!!!"

^All the TDS-afflicted get the standard treatment.
    Hmm, I agree when you consider that TDS applies to all those who defend Trump's indefensible behavior, not to mention all the sycophants in Trump's circle.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Plenty was found pix. The idea nothing was found is a lie fostered by the conservatives who will support Trump at all cost. How they are able to find so many people willing to consume that lie is beyond me
      Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 12-27-2019, 06:44 AM.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Then you'll be able to list that "plenty" along with the legitimate corroborating evidence.

And keep in mind, "heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another" belongs in a song not a courtroom.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Then you'll be able to list that "plenty" along with the legitimate corroborating evidence.

And keep in mind, "heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another" belongs in a song not a courtroom.
          It has been listed several times already in this thread. You have apparently chosen to ignore it.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

It has been listed several times already in this thread. You have apparently chosen to ignore it.
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• I dont know why you refuse to call the multiple instances of obstruction in the Mueller report crimes. I dont know why you refuse to acknowledge the fact he ordered cohen to pay off a mistress illegally is a crime, I dont know why you will accept his abuse of power in Ukraine and not realize it is impeachable, I dont know why you are not able to recognize his obstruction of congress and continued attempt to cover up what he did in ukraine.

You say he committed no crimes because you have chosen to redefine those actions is non criminal, as has the doj by not bringing any charges. To say he has committed no crimes is basically simply the result of political and legal Calvin ball by the gop, the doj, and yourself. You, they have changed the definition of what is criminal, what is impeachable and then strutted about saying 'see, trump has not been accused of any crimes"

You are confusing not being indicted, the current DOJ policy, with not having committed a crime, and have been seduced into thinking that the impeachable abuse of power is no big deal
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-27-2019, 07:34 AM.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I dont know why you refuse to call the multiple instances of obstruction in the Mueller report crimes. I dont know why you refuse to acknowledge the fact he ordered cohen to pay off a mistress illegally is a crime, I dont know why you will accept his abuse of power in Ukraine and not realize it is impeachable, I dont know why you are not able to recognize his obstruction of congress and continued attempt to cover up what he did in ukraine.

You say he committed no crimes because you have chosen to redefine those actions is non criminal, as has the doj by not bringing any charges. To say he has committed no crimes is basically simply the result of political and legal Calvin ball by the gop, the doj, and yourself. You, they have changed the definition of what is criminal, what is impeachable and then strutted about saying 'see, trump has not been accused of any crimes"
                Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 12-27-2019, 07:47 AM.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• That is the story you tell as the president clearly cooperated with russians and russian interests in 2016. How we ever got to the point a conservative person like yourself, ostensibly loyal to the flag and the constitution, could be seduced into findind that acceptable I will never understand.

To say that cooperation did not happen because the Mueller report could not prove the more heinous collusion is itself deluded.

Comment

That is the story you tell as the president clearly cooperated with russians and russian interests in 2016. How we ever got to the point a conservative person like yourself, ostensibly loyal to the flag and the constitution, could be seduced into findind that acceptable I will never understand.
                    To say that cooperation did not happen because the Mueller report could not prove the more heinous collusion is itself deluded.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That is the story you tell as the president clearly cooperated with russians and russian interests in 2016.
                      Give me break, Jim. Dirty Cop Mueller himself admitted that nobody from the Trump campaign coordinated with Russia, and that he lacked the evidence to conclude that Trump obstructed justice. Even the Democrats aren't touching the Mueller report for their impeachment scam and instead are going all in on their false Ukraine narrative with a case so weak that even after voting to impeach, they're begging the Senate to tip the scales of justice against the defendant despite the Constitution's guarantee of a fair trial.

But your vision is so blurred by your hatred strong dislike for Trump that you can't even see the truth. Look, you don't have to like or support the President to accept the plain fact that he didn't do anything to warrant removal from office by Congress.

You would think even liberals would be happy to accept that the president of our country isn't a criminal, but every time Trump's name is cleared, all you hear from the left are the howls of disappointed. They're at the point that CS Lewis warned about where the only thing that will make them happy is to see ever increasing evil, and what a degenerate state of mind that must be.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Give me break, Jim. Dirty Cop Mueller himself admitted that nobody from the Trump campaign coordinated with Russia, and that he lacked the evidence to conclude that Trump obstructed justice. Even the Democrats aren't touching the Mueller report for their impeachment scam and instead are going all in on their false Ukraine narrative with a case so weak that even after voting to impeach, they're begging the Senate to tip the scales of justice against the defendant despite the Constitution's guarantee of a fair trial.

But your vision is so blurred by your hatred strong dislike for Trump that you can't even see the truth. Look, you don't have to like or support the President to accept the plain fact that he didn't do anything to warrant removal from office by Congress.

You would think even liberals would be happy to accept that the president of our country isn't a criminal, but every time Trump's name is cleared, all you hear from the left are the howls of disappointed. They're at the point that CS Lewis warned about where the only thing that will make them happy is to see ever increasing evil, and what a degenerate state of mind that must be.
                        You tell your story well MM. Too bad it isnt reality.

Comment

You tell your story well MM. Too bad it isnt reality.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                            List of Americans arrested and convicted of helping Russia in the 2016 election:

First of all Trump, a sitting president can't be indicted, but yes he solicited Russia's help in the election and they acted on his request. 2. Paul Manafort, Trumps campaign manager colluded with the Russians turning over polling and targeting data in order that they could influence the vote in key areas. Point is Putin wanted Trump to win, Trump welcomed and encouraged their interference and Putin won. Thank you Trumpsters.

Comment

• I wear your disdain with pride pix but also with a great deal of sadness because of what it means about you.

Comment

You've omitted the investigations done by the MSM and Mueller. The latter had the resources that at least matched if not significantly exceeded that of SDNY and a couple of years to probe very deep indeed.
                                Yes. This idea that Mueller was in any way limited and unable to dig as deeply into Trump's background as the Southern District of New York is a rather absurd narrative. Mueller had virtually unlimited scope and resources to dig as broadly and as deeply as he wanted, and he did. The fact that he didn't find any smoking guns suggests very strongly that there are simply no smoking guns to be found.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment