Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Joe Biden thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As anticipated, Biden promptly apologized for his comments this morning

https://twitter.com/edokeefe/status/1263915571772567553

What a *weak man* he is for apologizing and making things right .

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      As anticipated, Biden promptly apologized for his comments this morning

https://twitter.com/edokeefe/status/1263915571772567553

What a *weak man* he is for apologizing and making things right .
      Well, he was probably thronged by his advisors who told him "Joe, that was NUTTY -- ya GOTTA clear that up....."

Just because he apologized doesn't mean he thunk it up his own seff.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        No MM, it is not false, and it is well documented phenomenon. Same crime, white person generally receives less of a punishment than a black person with an equal past. Those are the facts. And it's a problem.
        Quick glance at a few of your sources reveals that they skip over the question of disproportionate commission of crime.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Well, he was probably thronged by his advisors who told him "Joe, that was NUTTY -- ya GOTTA clear that up....."

I don't want to be a full time Biden apologist but I, as CIS white male, took his comment to be along the lines of "If you aren't angry you aren't paying attention." My perspective is hardly relevant to how the AA would take though.

Comment

I don't want to be a full time Biden apologist but I, as CIS white male, took his comment to be along the lines of "If you aren't angry you aren't paying attention." My perspective is hardly relevant to how the AA would take though.
            That's beside the point - I don't really think it's necessarily a virtue that he apologized. I think, more likely, it was pointed out to him by campaign staff, and he was pushed to address it.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Quick glance at a few of your sources reveals that they skip over the question of disproportionate commission of crime.
              Now that the facts have been established, we enter the always lengthy 'denial' phase of the discussion where MM finds endless excuses to ignore the facts.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

That's beside the point - I don't really think it's necessarily a virtue that he apologized. I think, more likely, it was pointed out to him by campaign staff, and he was pushed to address it.
                So what you you think he meant when he said it?

Comment

Doesn't matter, the damage is done. More Trump campaign ammo.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    Doesn't matter, the damage is done. More Trump campaign ammo.
                    One thing I've learned over the past ~4 years is that it doesn't matter how damning a particular statement is to one's base if it doesn't move the needle with independents. I'm having a hard time seeing how this does that.

Comment

One thing I've learned over the past ~4 years is that it doesn't matter how damning a particular statement is to one's base if it doesn't move the needle with independents. I'm having a hard time seeing how this does that.
                      I don't get it, man. Why are you such a Biden fanboy? If i were a Dem and wanted to beat Trump, I'd be hoping and praying he gets replaced with someone else who can actually talk.

Comment

So what you you think he meant when he said it?
                        When he said what? The initial blunder? Or the damage control?

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          Now that the facts have been established, we enter the always lengthy 'denial' phase of the discussion where MM finds endless excuses to ignore the facts.
                          I accept the facts. It's just that the sources you cited skip over the question of who disproportionately commits more crimes which greatly impacts the other data.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

When he said what? The initial blunder? Or the damage control?
                            When he said "you ain't black"

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              I don't get it, man. Why are you such a Biden fanboy? If i were a Dem and wanted to beat Trump, I'd be hoping and praying he gets replaced with someone else who can actually talk.
                              A person doesn't have to be a "Biden fanboy" to want to see Trump out of the office. The previous election was a difficult choice, Hillary vs Trump. But whereas in 2016 it was always possible this crazy nutcase person (Trump) could turn out to be competent in the end, and Hillary had a lot of baggage, making the choice a true rock and a hard place choice. But now we KNOW just how dangerous and incompetent Trump is. Not only do we know he is incompetent, but he is also willing to defy all basic moralities associated with wielding power, and not only do we know that, we also know that the GOP are his minions and will not defy him in order to force him to conform to those same basic moral norms for a person in power.

And so as long as the person that is running against Trump has some semblance of competence and respects the historical moral norms established for those in power leading this country. well, that is the person to vote for.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

When he said "you ain't black"
                                That's just nutty Joe. It's really a STUPID thing today in our racially charged climate, but Joe's elevator doesn't go to the top floor.

Comment