Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Joe Biden thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Joe's "way" with the ladies has been well-known throughout Washington for decades, but it has always been dismissed with a wink and a nod and "It's just Joe being Joe."

This is an article from 2008:

Biden is a notorious flapjaw. His vanity deludes him into believing that every word that drops from his mouth is minted in the golden currency of Pericles. Vanity is the most conspicuous characteristic of US Senators en bloc, nourished by deferential acolytes and https://www.counterpunch.org/2008/08...out-joe-biden/

A 2013 headline for the Today Show refers to Biden as "famously friendly" (in other words, everybody knows!).

In 2015, the Daily Show did a hilarious segment titled "The Audacity of Grope":

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44242[/ATTACH]
    http://www.cc.com/video-clips/yfmksi...acity-of-grope

A 2019 article by VOX (hardly a bastion of conservative thought) is headlined "Joe Biden has a long history of touching women inappropriately" and says:

Obama knew. He just didn't care.
    Yeah, I posted a list of articles -- many from liberal sources -- discussing Biden's inappropriate touching of anything in a skirt no matter what their age was back when ox doubted that this was openly known and discussed for decades.

And then there was his habit of insisting on swimming naked in front of female Secret Service agents assigned to protect him in spite of their repeatedly making it clear that his behavior made them feel uncomfortable.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
      Again, it makes *no sense* to say that Obama didn't care

1) Obama stood to personally *lose* if this broke during his candidacy / presidency. He doesn't have to care about women in the slightest for him to still care that it would affect him personally.
      2) Sanders stood to personally *gain* if this broke during the primary. He doesn't have to care about women in the slightest for him to still care that it would affect him personally.

To just say they didn't care is to say they are acting in a way which strongly goes against their own interests. You have to explain why they would do something which put themselves at a severe disadvantage before you can claim them "not caring" explains things.
      Obama knew he was untouchable because the media would dutifully cover for him no matter what "came out". Remember when it was revealed that Obama was mentored by a racist preacher who hated America? Not many people do because the media pretty much ignored the story. And remember when it was revealed that Obama was close friends with an unrepentant domestic terrorist who personally blessed his political career? Yeah, not many people remember that one, either, because the media let Obama get away with dismissing him as "Just some guy in my neighborhood." So do you really think Obama had any fears that Joe Biden's wandering hands, which was already widely known throughout Capital Hill, would get in the way of his run to the White House?

As for Sanders, Hillary was ripe for the picking when he ran against her, but he dutifully took a fall and refused to name a single one of her many scandals. Why do you think he would suddenly play hardball with Biden?
      Last edited by Mountain Man; 04-30-2020, 01:37 PM.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• What are the odds Biden uses "Russian propaganda" defense during his Friday interview on msnbc?

Comment

• https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...e-do-not-exist

Capture.GIF
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            He was horrible. Worse than I anticipated.

But I think it's enough to allow him to ride out the rest of the primary and get his delegate majority. He'll have his VP (either Kamala or Hillary). Then perhaps that senate "document" everyone's focused on will magically show up by that time. He'll then either be forced to step down or voluntarily do so. His VP then takes the reign.

Comment

• It's always funny when liberal pundits talk about how "difficult" it was for them to ask a Democrat tough questions. It's only "difficult" because they really don't want to know the answers.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                What are the odds Biden uses "Russian propaganda" defense during his Friday interview on msnbc?
                Apparently the odds were zero!

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  He was horrible. Worse than I anticipated.

But I think it's enough to allow him to ride out the rest of the primary and get his delegate majority. He'll have his VP (either Kamala or Hillary). Then perhaps that senate "document" everyone's focused on will magically show up by that time. He'll then either be forced to step down or voluntarily do so. His VP then takes the reign.
                  What do you think the odds of that are?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    It's always funny when liberal pundits talk about how "difficult" it was for them to ask a Democrat tough questions. It's only "difficult" because they really don't want to know the answers.
                    Yeah, I know, just look how tough conservative media was on Trump when he was accused of sexual assault.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1256337366593069058

NEW: Joe Biden is asking Secretary of Senate "to direct a search for the alleged complaint and to make public results of this search. I would ask that the public release include not only a complaint if one exists, but any and all other documents...that relate to the allegation."

Sure sounds like the talk of a guilty man.

Bonus: Video of a confused old man in over his head.
                      Last edited by DivineOb; 05-01-2020, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                        https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1256337366593069058

NEW: Joe Biden is asking Secretary of Senate "to direct a search for the alleged complaint and to make public results of this search. I would ask that the public release include not only a complaint if one exists, but any and all other documents...that relate to the allegation."

Sure sounds like the talk of a guilty man.

Bonus: Video of a confused old man in over his head.
                        He refused to allow searching the archive at University of Delaware.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

If he's sending the Secretary of Senate on a wild goose chase then this is sure to blow up in his face :).

Comment

An assault complaint wouldn't be at the U of Delaware, but it would be in the national archives which Biden is asking for it, if it exists, to be released.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              An assault complaint wouldn't be at the U of Delaware, but it would be in the national archives which Biden is asking for it, if it exists, to be released.
                              But a record of a hush payment would.
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

But a record of a hush payment would.
                                You mean like Trumps hush payment to his mistresses changed your mind? Yes, that would be enough to change my mind. And no, a record of a hush payment wouldn't be at the U of Delaware either.
                                Last edited by JimL; 05-01-2020, 06:10 PM.

Comment