Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Little Greta comes clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    The media should stop making Greta into something she is not. A saint.
    It wasn't the media that invited her to speak before the U.N.

It wasn't the media that made her a Fellow of the Royal Scottish Geographical Society.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      It wasn't the media that invited her to speak before the U.N.

It wasn't the media that made her a Fellow of the Royal Scottish Geographical Society.

And it wasn't the media that invited and paid for her to come to Alberta just before a federal election.

But they sure lapped it up.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        Then Greta should go to India and China and tell them that they are ruining her childhood and how dare they.

And don't those incinerators put out some sort of emissions that are not good for the environment? Smoke, or whatever?
        00000000000000ab000-00aaad.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Well, this is refreshing. Not all young people are buying into Greta's posturing, and it's interesting to note that the MSM shuts this little girl down and calls her names because she isn't on the bandwagon.

I hope we hear a lot more from Naomi Seibt!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The media should stop making Greta into something she is not. A saint.

Carbon dioxide, though natural gas produces less of it. And this is mainly built to burn waste at very high temperatures so it decomposes entirely into water and carbon dioxide. Its got good filtrations for removing almost all the noxious stuff.

After all you're meant to be ski down it.

Too bad the structure itself is a bit of an eyesore.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Yes, Greta should be ignored. But, she isn't.
              You can ignore Greta all you wish, although one questions your motives. This does not alter the fact that what she is saying is well substantiated and supported by the vast majority of scientists. Our planet is in peril and no amount of God-posturing can change this undeniable fact.

"The last 10 years have shown that climate change is happening now and could get much worse".

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...limate-change/

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                You can ignore Greta all you wish, although one questions your motives. This does not alter the fact that what she is saying is well substantiated and supported by the vast majority of scientists. Our planet is in peril and no amount of God-posturing can change this undeniable fact.

"The last 10 years have shown that climate change is happening now and could get much worse".

I'm starting to think you're a bot.

Comment

So you're saying that she makes an excellent spokesperson for the AGW crowd and that she's a font of solid information.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    I'm starting to think you're a bot.
                    Bot, NPC, what's the difference?
                    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

The all-powerful 'they'.
                      I didn't say 'all-powerful', it's you making a strawman to dismiss the point. Nice try.
                      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Other reports out yesterday indicate melting and sea level rise happening much faster than predicted.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/04/c...eleration.html

Source: above

Seas are warming and rising faster, putting more cities at risk of tidal flooding or worse. Glaciers are melting at a pace many researchers did not expect for decades. The amount of Arctic sea ice has declined so rapidly that the region may see ice-free summers by the 2030s.

Even the ground itself is warming faster. Permanently frozen ground, or permafrost, is thawing more rapidly, threatening the release of large amounts of long-stored carbon that could in turn make warming even worse, in what scientists call a climate feedback loop.

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-17-2019, 03:48 AM.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          So you're saying that she makes an excellent spokesperson for the AGW crowd and that she's a font of solid information.
                          No, he's saying her concern has a solid scientific foundation even if you find her approach to the problem difficult to swallow
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            Other reports out yesterday indicate melting and sea level rise happening much faster than predicted.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/04/c...eleration.html

Source: above

Seas are warming and rising faster, putting more cities at risk of tidal flooding or worse. Glaciers are melting at a pace many researchers did not expect for decades. The amount of Arctic sea ice has declined so rapidly that the region may see ice-free summers by the 2030s.

Even the ground itself is warming faster. Permanently frozen ground, or permafrost, is thawing more rapidly, threatening the release of large amounts of long-stored carbon that could in turn make warming even worse, in what scientists call a climate feedback loop.

© Copyright Original Source

We've been hearing these "The sky is falling!" predictions for decades, and it's always 10-years away. You know what they'll be saying in 2030? "Just you wait, things will start to get really bad in 2040!"
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              We've been hearing these "The sky is falling!" predictions for decades, and it's always 10-years away. You know what they'll be saying in 2030? "Just you wait, things will start to get really bad in 2040!"
                              That isnt true MM. It's a slow process. Right now the melt is much greater than predicted, sea level rise is greater than predicted, warming in the arctic clear and pronounced. These are the simple facts. By the time the effects are noticable enough to convince a person like you, we will be way beyond where we can do anything significant to stop it.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                No, he's saying her concern has a solid scientific foundation even if you find her approach to the problem difficult to swallow
                                You're ignoring the gratuitous attack on the motives of Mossy, and a snide reference to her religious beliefs, which are not the basis of her objections to Greta's statements. So, that was not what he was saying. But you're willing to overlook the kind of behaviour you complain about in posters who push back on your incessant anti-Trumpism and your attacks on their morality. You should be better than this. At least you claim to be.
                                ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment