Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

List of Trump's crimes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Well, we all know what your position was as a psuedo independent before the impeachment hearings even began.
    A "pseudo independent"?

But regardless of what your Public statistics might say,
    MY "public statistics"? Jim, those are national polls.

extortion is extortion, and bribery is bribery, and if you were actually listening to the witnesses instead of listening to the spin then even you'd be able to recognize those facts.
    Jim, you can be as condescending as you wish (the irony is delicious) but the fact remains - what matters is what the American people saw and heard and believe. The more the Dems push impeachment, the more the public seems to oppose it.

Perhaps that will change, but for now, it's pretty obvious. Just 5 hours ago...

Independents souring on impeachment underscores risk for Democrats

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Then the Dems did a horrible job informing them, and for that, they should be taken to the woodshed.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• That can't be true when the polls show the general public was more in favor of impeachment before the the hearing started.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
          That can't be true when the polls show the general public was more in favor of impeachment before the the hearing started.
          Yeah, you can't have it both ways. I think this is the result of the Dems and the MSM (I repeat myself) doing the "overpromise / underdeliver" thing.

Comment

That can't be true when the polls show the general public was more in favor of impeachment before the the hearing started.
            First of all, it's one poll, which may or may not be an outlier. Second, only 13 million people watched the hearings, so yes, the general public is not yet well informed. The majority are hearing their favored spin and that majority watches propaganda tv, FOX (so called) NEWS." Third, if they actually watched the hearings in full, and still came away thinking there was no wrongdoing, then they are obviously just dumb people to begin with

Comment

First of all, it's one poll, which may or may not be an outlier. ...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1198620002372460544

Schiff says support is dramatically growing, but then quickly dismisses public support as "we just need to do this".

Comment

First of all, it's one poll, which may or may not be an outlier. Second, only 13 million people watched the hearings, so yes, the general public is not yet well informed. The majority are hearing their favored spin and that majority watches propaganda tv, FOX (so called) NEWS." Third, if they actually watched the hearings in full, and still came away thinking there was no wrongdoing, then they are obviously just dumb people to begin with
                It wasn't just one poll. Opposition to impeachment by independent voters has jumped in spite of "orange man is bad and should be impeached" by all networks with the exception of Fox News. I doubt it would be the case that all, or even some independent voters only watch Fox News.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Then the Dems did a horrible job informing them, and for that, they should be taken to the woodshed.
                  They have had to battle against Republican lies. The general public are confused. The truth is in plain sight.

Comment

Schiff says support is dramatically growing, but then quickly dismisses public support as "we just need to do this".
                    Yes, "we just need to do this," which is because Schiff, and the democrats in general, unlike your republican leadership, are people of principle, not one's to put their political finger to the wind.

Comment

It wasn't just one poll. Opposition to impeachment by independent voters has jumped in spite of "orange man is bad and should be impeached" by all networks with the exception of Fox News. I doubt it would be the case that all, or even some independent voters only watch Fox News.
                      One poll. And like I said, if they watched the hearings in full and still came away with the belief that there was no wrong doing, then they are just dumb, or possibly too brainwashed to be making decisions in the first place.

Comment

One poll. And like I said, if they watched the hearings in full and still came away with the belief that there was no wrong doing, then they are just dumb, or possibly too brainwashed to be making decisions in the first place.
                        Diminishing favor of impeachment suggests the complete opposite of your argument. That they were brainwashed prior to becoming privy to the facts of impeachment

Comment

Schiff is probably one of Trump's biggest assets.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If you let the marijuana haze diminish for a minute you'd have notice that the results of a number of polls have been posted and they all show that the inquiry had either no effect or that support for impeachment went down a bit. That was obviously not part of the plan.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yet, the more the Dems try to display this "evidence", the more the public opts to oppose impeachment. Funny, that.
                              You'd almost think that the nature of the "evidence" had something to do with that -- especially after how the Dems/MSM built it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Schiff is probably one of Trump's biggest assets.
                                Schiff may well be why Trump gets reelected.

Comment