Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I accused her of polluting the thread with rants about what she thinks about me.
    Chill out, Jim.

We'll all be worm food by and by.

Crystal is vastly more agreeable today than when she first started posting here. I had a lot of conversation with her offline back then, and the first thing that became clear is that she's a decent person, one on one. I'm not saying she's putting up a hard front to hide a soft interior, but you might want to keep that possibility in mind.

Tell her, "Thanks for your thoughts," and move on.

Worked for me. Jussayin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Why not both?

Comment

I accused her of polluting the thread with rants about what she thinks about me.
        And you're polluting the thread with rants about what you think of Trump, so how can you condemn lilpixie's behavior without condemning your own?
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
          You really do not want to encourage conspiracy theorists.
          Says the guy who religiously watches Rachael Maddow, one of the biggest promulgators of conspiracy theories on television.

I swear you're being self-contradictory on purpose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Shifty Schiff is the sort of guy that if he tells you the Earth is round, you better carefully research the matter to see if it's true.
            How ironic coming from a Trump defender.

Comment

That's an example of the simplistic black-and-white thinking of liberals: find a source that tells you what you want to hear and reject all others.
              Again, how ironic. Have you no sense of introspection whatsoever, MM?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                In fact, I get my news from a variety of sources, which is why it's not unusual for you guys to whoop and holler about some "new" development the liberal media just told you about that I had known about for days if not weeks beforehand.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  I felt a loud cry as if every irony meter on earth cried out and exploded all at once.

"The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

How about because if he did what Trump requested, he would have to be participating in manufacturing false information about a potential leader of the US whose support he will continue to need for the foreseeable future.

Or perhaps more generally, it is in the best interests of any country needing us aid not to take sides in our political process. He needs to stay neutral so that any incoming administration is only motivated by US policy and commitments, not personal grudges or loyalties.

What you are calling lying is him just making sure he doesn't create bad blood between himself and the current leader of the us. Just like not going after biden to appease trump is not cutting himself off if trump loses 2020.

A delicate game with someone as unprincipled as Trump
                    It isn't only Zelinsky but other people in his administration that say there was no pressure. So your a mind reader now? everyone is lying but Adam(I have proof of Russian conspiracy) Schiff who is a proven liar.?

We do not convict people without evidence give me your evidence as in a written letter, another phone call, etc that Zelinsky is lying unless you have actual evidence then you apparently are pretending you read minds.

Comment

MM, there is a question that has always puzzled me. Why would a person with no conscience be motivated to become a Christian? Such a person has no sense of guilt or of ever doing wrong, so how can they ever actually be motivated to repent?
                      So you are saying that God isn't powerful enough to turn anyone around if he chooses to?

And supposing they did for some odd reason decide become a Christian. How would they ever know when they were doing wrong when it wasn't spelled out literally in the Biblical text?
                      you mean God isn't powerful enough to put others in that person's life to help them know right from wrong?

hmm I think you need to watch this video testimony of David Woods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DakEcY7Z5GU

then you would realize that as Paul says God can save any reprobate.

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                        It isn't only Zelinsky but other people in his administration that say there was no pressure. So your a mind reader now? everyone is lying but Adam(I have proof of Russian conspiracy) Schiff who is a proven liar.?

We do not convict people without evidence give me your evidence as in a written letter, another phone call, etc that Zelinsky is lying unless you have actual evidence then you apparently are pretending you read minds.
                        The old 'mind reader' accusation. IT has nothing to do with 'mind reading'. It has to do with logic.

The evidence is Trump was putting significant pressure on Ukraine to investigate Biden. Zelinsky can describe that pressure in whatever terms he wants to. The bottom line, he is not going to say he felt pressured by the Trump administration. It would accomplish nothing good and would be destructive to his goals of US support. So treating that statement as if it carries any meaningful information is a very, very stupid argument against Trump's quid-pro-quo. Zelinsky would say he was not feeling pressured if he WAS being pressured. And he would say it if he was not. ERGO, the statement itself carries no meaningful information.

In the end, such a statement like that has to be treated as a statement made under duress until and unless the actual facts of what was going on there are fully disclosed.

Jim
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

So you are saying that God isn't powerful enough to turn anyone around if he chooses to?

you mean God isn't powerful enough to put others in that person's life to help them know right from wrong?

ox's view of Christianity and repentance is tied up in appeals to emotion, which is not something you'll find in the Bible. The only requirement for salvation is to confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and to believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead. In fact, the concept of feeling personally "guilty" was not something those in the Ancient Near East would have been familiar with.
                          Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-04-2019, 11:17 AM.

Comment

That was a question, not an answer. Did you not notice that?

Such a person would need to recognize if for themselves to truly repent. So how does a person with no conscience or no empathy come to true repentance? Do you suppose a psychopathic serial killer does not know he's doing wrong as others define it. But he doesn't care. It doesn't bother him. He has no guilt, no sense of remorse. How does such a person come to repentance.

Always so hostile. I don't need to 'realize' God can save any reprobate. I already know He can. God can save anyone He wishes. But God can create something from nothing, can't He?

So the question is how, not if, not why.

And if such a person has no conscience, what would motivate them to repent? And how do they sustain a righteous life without any inner sense of right and wrong?

The answer to those questions I think go a long way to exposing some serious short-comings in the typical American Evangelical Theology. Shortcomings that have allowed the Church to be duped into it's current general support of Donald Trump.

Jim
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

ox's view of Christianity and repentance is tied up in appeals to emotion, which is not something you'll find in the Bible. The only requirement for salvation is to confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and to believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead. In fact, the concept of feeling personally "guilty" was not something those in the Ancient Near East would have been familiar with.
                              I wonder how you avoid 'self-righteousness' when you denigrate another person's faith in Christ - especially when you have no clue what their actual theology actually is?

Comment

The old 'mind reader' accusation. IT has nothing to do with 'mind reading'. It has to do with logic.

The evidence is Trump was putting significant pressure on Ukraine to investigate Biden. Zelinsky can describe that pressure in whatever terms he wants to. The bottom line, he is not going to say he felt pressured by the Trump administration. It would accomplish nothing good and would be destructive to his goals of US support. So treating that statement as if it carries any meaningful information is a very, very stupid argument against Trump's quid-pro-quo. Zelinsky would say he was not feeling pressured if he WAS being pressured. And he would say it if he was not. ERGO, the statement itself carries no meaningful information.

In the end, such a statement like that has to be treated as a statement made under duress until and unless the actual facts of what was going on there are fully disclosed.

Jim
                                Oxmix Opinion is not Evidence and what you stated that I bolded is OPINION. You have not brought any evidence to back up your opinion. all you and the Democrats have is something gotten third had about the feelings people had about the phone call and even the one person who was there only stated his feelings and we only have the later because someone leaked his opening statement to the press. Last I heard Feelings about what is going on is also opinion and not fact or evidence.

Comment