Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Then the Democrats must vote soon for impeachment, by golly!!! Onward through the fog! Full speed ahead. DURN them turpedoes.
    Please listen to the lawyer; OA337. It will cleanse your soul.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      The smoking gun was the phone call. As Trump himself said, read the transcript.
      The investigation itself will continue until all the witnesses have been heard and all relevant documents have been obtained. That will take a long time but Pelosi probably wants to get impeachment out of the way as soon as possible. We might see impeachment, trial in Senate, Trump acquitted, the election, ongoing investigations, because they are being delayed by the Reps.

All the damage that Russia has done will take years to undo.
      Read the transcript. Obviously you haven't.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        You too need to hear the lawyer; OA337.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
          The smoking gun was the phone call.
          More like the release of the transcript is when the whistle blower's false accusations went up in smoke.

Here's the thing: the transcript was in a secure location, so it was never leaked, and only those with "need to know" had even seen it. I think this is why the Democrats were so quick to go all-in, because they thought the whistle blower was telling the truth, and that the "damning" transcript would never see the light of day until they forced the White House to release it. They had dreams of the Nixon tapes dancing through their heads. But then the White House called their bluff, the transcript was released proving once again that the Democrats were serving up another nothing burger, and they've been scrambling to patch up their impeachment narrative ever since.

Pelosi, meanwhile, seems to be trying to make this whole fiasco go away while doing the least amount of damage first of all to herself, and secondly to the Democrat party.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You too need to hear the lawyer; OA337.
            Don't need a flight, thanks...
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              More like the release of the transcript is when the whistle blower's false accusations went up in smoke.

But they didn't go up in smoke, this is the point. The whistle-blower's complaint has been thoroughly corroborated during closed-door testimonies - from which the depositions were released - through numerous public testimonies from the officials concerned and even from the rough transcript of the call itself, released by the White House. You've been watching too much Fake Fox if you think otherwise.

Comment

Don't need a flight, thanks...
                Then you concede the game to Putin.

Comment

Here's the thing: the transcript was in a secure location, so it was never leaked, and only those with "need to know" had even seen it. I think this is why the Democrats were so quick to go all-in, because they thought the whistle blower was telling the truth, and that the "damning" transcript would never see the light of day until they forced the White House to release it. They had dreams of the Nixon tapes dancing through their heads. But then the White House called their bluff, the transcript was released proving once again that the Democrats were serving up another nothing burger, and they've been scrambling to patch up their impeachment narrative ever since.

Pelosi, meanwhile, seems to be trying to make this whole fiasco go away while doing the least amount of damage first of all to herself, and secondly to the Democrat party.
                  Last edited by firstfloor; 11-30-2019, 03:06 AM.

Comment

• Nope. If it goes to the Senate, Biden will likely be called to testify. They'll play the clip of Biden admitting he extorted Ukraine to get Shokin the prosecutor that was investigating Burisma fired. When Biden tries to claim he did it because Shokin was lax in his investigation (which is a laughable argument to begin with -- why would Biden want a tougher prosecutor to investigate the company his son was working for? lol), they'll produce the reports that Zlochevsky's assets were seized and Shokin was moving forward aggressively with the investigation of Burisma just before Biden got him fired. Oops, then what?

Comment

More than likely he heard Schiff's deliberately wild misrepresentation of it that he was later forced to admit was a "parody" but not after the MSM dutifully reported it as being the real thing (hence all the mindless parroting by them of how it sounded like a mob boss issuing threats).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That appears to be the case. They never counted on Trump releasing a transcript of the call so they thought they were free to make up what took place during the call as can be seen by Schiff's opening statements where he twisted and distorted what was said beyond all recognition and presented it as representing the actual conversation. They knew that the MSM would play along and given how they reported Schiff's duplicitously dishonest version as what actually took place they were right.

Ciaramella's distorted hearsay version was supposed to be what people thought Trump said and Schiff's "parody" was supposed to be what folks understood it to mean.

But folks can read the 2 page transcript for themselves and see that there was nothing in it that even vaguely looks like what the TDS crowd presented it as being like.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                          The whistle-blower's complaint has been thoroughly corroborated during closed-door testimonies...
                          About the only thing the whistle blower got right is that Trump spoke with Zelensky on the phone.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Then you concede the game to Putin.
                            Not hardly - does it hurt to have Putin running around in your head like that?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              But they didn't go up in smoke, this is the point. The whistle-blower's complaint has been thoroughly corroborated during closed-door testimonies - from which the depositions were released - through numerous public testimonies from the officials concerned and even from the rough transcript of the call itself, released by the White House. You've been watching too much Fake Fox if you think otherwise.
                              This, of course, is why support for impeachment rose dramatically as the public hearings went on, yes? You're been relying too much on your LiberalTalkingPointsForDummies.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                                Nope. If it goes to the Senate, Biden will likely be called to testify. They'll play the clip of Biden admitting he extorted Ukraine to get Shokin the prosecutor that was investigating Burisma fired. When Biden tries to claim he did it because Shokin was lax in his investigation (which is a laughable argument to begin with -- why would Biden want a tougher prosecutor to investigate the company his son was working for? lol), they'll produce the reports that Zlochevsky's assets were seized and Shokin was moving forward aggressively with the investigation of Burisma just before Biden got him fired. Oops, then what?
                                Biden didn't extort Ukraine, Biden wasn't even over there on his own behalf, he was over there doing the Presidents bidding, and for that matter, he was acting in accordance with the wishes of the entire western democracies including institutions such as the IMF in an attempt to force the new government in Ukraine to crack down on corruption. Yeah, that's right, to get them to crack down on corruption which the Prosecutor General, Shokin, was not doing, and in fact was corrupt himself.
                                Trump is just trying to create another ogre for you easily led Trumpsters to focus on just like the republican party did with Hillary Clinton prior to her running. It's their modis operandi, and you fall for it every time.
                                Last edited by JimL; 11-30-2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment