Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump suggests civil war should he be Impeached.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    https://freebeacon.com/politics/abcs...y-falls-apart/

An ABC News report that an adviser to the Ukrainian president said any communication with President Donald Trump had to include discussion of former vice president Joe Biden, published Wednesday night, fell apart within hours.
    ABC credited its scoop to Serhiy Leshchenko, a former member of Ukraine's parliament and former adviser to Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky. Leshchenko now disputes the story, denying he told ABC News that discussion of a potential probe into the Biden family's business activity in the country was a precondition for communication with Trump.

ABC quoted Leshchenko as saying, "it was a clear fact that Trump wants to meet only if Biden case will be included." According to ABC, he added that the Biden case was "raised many times" and "Ukrainian officials understood."
    Leshchenko rejected the ABC story just hours after it was published, telling Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty's Christopher Miller that he "DID NOT tell ABC insistence for leaders to discuss Biden probe was precondition for call." Leshchenko also spoke to BBC's Jonah Fisher, who added that the former Ukrainian official learned of "quid pro quo" rumors "only from media reports."
    Interesting.

I don't believe ABC 'lied', but it is curious that Leshchenko is issuing a denial. ABC would be on the hook if they reported this and it was hearsay from a secondary source. I guess I'll wait and see if ABC digs in or finds that the reporter conveying the information didn't do his due diligence.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Yes - i have already said that. But the point is the evidence supports that conclusion, and the fact he is basically covering for Trump is a given, seeing as how Trump has him over a barrel.

Jim
      Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-02-2019, 05:39 PM.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Because he knew just how corrupt the previous admin was and wanted to ensure the new one wasn't. This has been reiterated multiple times.
        Unfortunately that excuse doesn't hold water because the Pentagon who was monitoring that situation had already briefed Trump in May that Ukraine had cracked down on corruption sufficiently enough to send the aid. Trump is trying to use corruption as an excuse because he's backed himself into a corner and what other excuse does he have. Also we have the transcript, Bill, Trump doesn't mention "the corruption" other than CrowdStrike, and Hunter Biden, 2 issues of personal interest to himself.

So that pretty much makes obvious Trumps reason for the hold on the military aid.
        Last edited by JimL; 10-02-2019, 06:21 PM.

Comment

The transcript has nothing to do with 'beliefs'. The Ukraine officials that have discussed the issue with our senators has nothing to do with 'beliefs'. The fact Trump held up the bi-partisan approved finding to help Ukraine fight the Russians has nothing to do with 'beliefs'. The fact that Trump wanted Ukraine to help find dirt on the Biden's has nothing to do with 'beliefs'. These and a whole host of other facts related to this issue with the Ukraine has nothing to do with 'belief'.

YOU AND OTHERS ENGAGING IN YEC LIKE HOPE THERE IS SOME 'OTHER' EXPLANATION THAN THE OBVIOUS IS WHAT IS BASED ON 'BELIEF' - and it is a seriously misplaced trust and belief at that.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

The transcript has nothing to do with 'beliefs'. The Ukraine officials that have discussed the issue with our senators has nothing to do with 'beliefs'. The fact Trump held up the bi-partisan approved finding to help Ukraine fight the Russians has nothing to do with 'beliefs'. The fact that Trump wanted Ukraine to help find dirt on the Biden's has nothing to do with 'beliefs'. These and a whole host of other facts related to this issue with the Ukraine has nothing to do with 'belief'.

YOU AND OTHERS ENGAGING IN YEC LIKE HOPE THERE IS SOME 'OTHER' EXPLANATION THAN THE OBVIOUS IS WHAT IS BASED ON 'BELIEF' - and it is a seriously misplaced trust and belief at that.

Jim
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

It doesn't sound insane at all Pix. The comment about 'not feeling pressured' is about how he perceived Trumps request for a 'favor', It is not a denial Trump asked for help with the election. It is conceivable that compared to dealing with Putin, Trump's request didn't bother him at all. I don't believe that was very likely, and I'll continue to believe he is just 'keeping in good graces' with Trump, but the fact is, regardless of how Zelenski reacted to Trump's request, Trump still tried to get Zelenski to help him win the election, and that is illegal.

IOW, the problem does not depend on how Zelenski 'perceived' what Trump did. The problem is what Trump did on that call. And this endless jabber about what he 'felt' about Trump's request is just another in an endless stream of conspiracy theories and rabbit trails that are frantically trying to detract from what is at the heart of the impending impeachment of Trump.

His CRIMINAL activity and general moral unfitness for the office of the President

Jim
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-03-2019, 07:58 AM.

Comment

It doesn't sound insane at all Pix. The comment about 'not feeling pressured' is about how he perceived Trumps request for a 'favor', It is not a denial Trump asked for help with the election. It is conceivable that compared to dealing with Putin, Trump's request didn't bother him at all. I don't believe that was very likely, and I'll continue to believe he is just 'keeping in good graces' with Trump, but the fact is, regardless of how Zelenski reacted to Trump's request, Trump still tried to get Zelenski to help him win the election, and that is illegal.

IOW, the problem does not depend on how Zelenski 'perceived' what Trump did. The problem is what Trump did on that call. And this endless jabber about what he 'felt' about Trump's request is just another in an endless stream of conspiracy theories and rabbit trails that are frantically trying to detract from what is at the heart of the impending impeachment of Trump.

His CRIMINAL activity and general moral unfitness for the office of the President

Jim
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Biden put pressure on the Ukraine to get rid of a corrupt official. An official that was so corrupt that Zelenski campaigned on a promise to get rid of him if he came to power. Which he in fact did.

An official that the US and our allies said needed to go:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...or/3785620002/
                  '
                  I could not prove one way or the other if Biden had any other secondary motives in exerting that pressure, but it was clearly in Ukraine and the US and its allies' best interests that official be removed from office.

Jim
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-03-2019, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Why don't you tell us, since you seem to think you know the answer?

Comment

Biden put pressure on the Ukraine to get rid of a corrupt official. An official that was so corrupt that Zelenski campaigned on a promise to get rid of him if he came to power. Which he in fact did.

An official that the US and our allies said needed to go:

'
                      I could not prove one way or the other if Biden had any other secondary motives in exerting that pressure, but it was clearly in Ukraine and the US and its allies' best interests that official be removed from office.

Jim
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Why don't you tell us, since you seem to think you know the answer?
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          Jimmy, I want you guys to answer. Why don’t you want to answer?
                          I have answered, no. Biden was sent by Obama to relay that message, i.e. for Ukraine to rid themselves of the corrupt Prosecutor General that the entire western democratic world wanted gone before they could give them the finacial aid. That's not Bidens decision. Besides that, Hunter Biden wasn't even under investigation so it's all BS and has nothing to do his father. It's just something the Trump administration dug up to take the focus off of Trumps own abuses of power. Okay, now you can answer your own question?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            I have answered, no. Biden was sent by Obama to relay that message, i.e. for Ukraine to rid themselves of the corrupt Prosecutor General that the entire western democratic world wanted gone before they could give them the finacial aid. That's not Bidens decision. Besides that, Hunter Biden wasn't even under investigation so it's all BS and has nothing to do his father. It's just something the Trump administration dug up to take the focus off of Trumps own abuses of power. Okay, now you can answer your own question?
                            My dear Jimmy, the company that Hunter Biden was working for was under investigation. What was it for?
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Biden put pressure on the Ukraine to get rid of a corrupt official.
                              As Giuliani shrewdly asked George Staphylococcus, "Did anybody prove he was corrupt?"

Little George's response: "Well, he was forced to resign, wasn't he?" (As if that proves anything.)

Giulian: "Yes, but only because the Obama administration insisted on it!"
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                As Giuliani shrewdly asked George Staphylococcus, "Did anybody prove he was corrupt?"

Little George's response: "Well, he was forced to resign, wasn't he?" (As if that proves anything.)

Giulian: "Yes, but only because the Obama administration insisted on it!"
                                Well known. As I said, it was one of Zelenski's campaign points. And it was the desire of all involved (from the west anyway) that he go.

The lengths you will go to in attempting to excuse Donald Trump never cease to amaze.

From the article I posted:

Source: above

The international effort to remove Shokin, who became prosecutor general in February 2015, began months before Biden stepped into the spotlight, said Mike Carpenter, who served as a foreign policy adviser to Biden and a deputy assistant secretary of defense, with a focus on Ukraine, Russia, Eurasia, the Balkans, and conventional arms control.

As European and U.S. officials pressed Ukraine to clean up Ukraine's corruption, they focused on Shokin's leadership of the Prosecutor General's Office.

"Shokin played the role of protecting the vested interest in the Ukrainian system," said Carpenter, who traveled with Biden to Ukraine in 2015. "He never went after any corrupt individuals at all, never prosecuted any high-profile cases of corruption."

© Copyright Original Source

Jim

Comment