Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Speaker Pelosi to announce formal impeachment inquiry of Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
    I gotta question about these efforts to separate your spanking fetish from any sexual innuendo.

How's that working out for you?
    Given that it's YOU who's characterizing it as some sort of spanking fetish, and it's you who keeps bringing it up....

Seriously, you're being 100% jackass here. I don't read him as seriously advocating corporal punishment of a 16-year old, but using the imagery to connote that she's acting well under her age; "petulant child" should be a hint.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I won't require it, but I'd appreciate it, as a personal favor, if you chose of your own accord to decline changing screen names in my threads.

Comment

• And more issues with complaint not adhering to facts:

Volker connecting Giuliani with Ukraine official - text from July 19

"As discussed, connecting you here with Andrey Yermak, who is very close to President Zelensky," the message from Volker to Giuliani read in part. "I suggest we schedule a call together on Monday [July 22] ..."
        Fox overstates in my opinion - but you don't do 'damage control' by facilitating the thing you think is damaging - and the complaint indicates a response after the fact, not assistance to Giuliani beforehand.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Left/Democrat opposition to impeachment inquiry:

Andrew Cuomo

Bill Maher

"This is all I heard on TV this week, 'This is different because it's so simple, people could understand it.' But have you met the American people? Are there pictures involved?" he argued.
          Maher then expressed his agreement with panelist Noah Rothman, who mocked Democrats who claim they can "walk and chew gum at the same time" between legislating and pursuing impeachment.
          "If we do this, the country is going to be paralyzed," Maher continued. "I'm not saying don't... It's going to be paralyzed for a very long time and all of the oxygen in the room will be taken by this."
          Ah, dual contempt for voters and democrats alike!
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Left/Democrat opposition to impeachment inquiry:

Andrew Cuomo

Bill Maher

Ah, dual contempt for voters and democrats alike!
            There are others including folks who actually have a say in the matter such as Jared Golden (D - Me.), Collin Peterson (D- Minn.), Anthony Brindisi (D - NY), Max Rose (D - NY), Kendra Horn (D -OK), Xochitl Torres Small (D -NM), Ben McAdams (D - UT), Joe Cunningham (D - SC), and Ron Kind (D - Wisc.). And I think that I might be missing a few.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Given that it's YOU who's characterizing it as some sort of spanking fetish, and it's you who keeps bringing it up....

Seriously, you're being 100% jackass here. I don't read him as seriously advocating corporal punishment of a 16-year old, but using the imagery to connote that she's acting well under her age; "petulant child" should be a hint.
              This ain't the first offense for Spanky. He used the same imagery for the Parkland kids some time ago, the first time I called him out on it. He's even tried it out on me, right here in this thread. He is dead serious. The first time he defended himself by saying that's how he did his own kids.

I'm a grown man attacking a grown man attacking a child on the internet. A girl child, 12-looking, 16, whatever. With a condition known all too well to TWebbers, and to me, too, personally, with a walking talking nephew to keep me reminded, and the marine's kid as well.

Time and past time for you to recalibrate your jackass detector.

Comment

• I can't even say why, but as far as I'm aware, he's never done the same to me, and it's not as if we haven't openly disagreed in extended discussions. But more than that, ff, I'm making a real request here, and I'd appreciate your help in the form of giving him room to reconsider.

Comment

The Lawfare Podcast: Bonus Edition: Acting DNI Joseph Maguire vs. the Committee with No Bull
                  By Elena Kagan Thursday, September 26, 2019, 10:50 PM
                  ...we cut out all the unnecessary repetition and theatrics to leave you with just the questions and answers that you need to hear.
                  Okay, that made me laugh. Very Orwellian of then. Anytime someone tells you what you "need" to hear, that's your cue to look for what they don't want you to hear.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Beware of Rachel's selective outrage. She's not giving you the straight facts. As Bill Maher recently said, "If Don Jr. did [what Hunter Biden did], it would be all Rachel Maddow was talking about."
                    Actually, unlike conservative sources, she does give the straight facts, regardless of her left leaning ideology. What do you think Don Jr. Ivanka, and stupid are up to? They got all their high paying jobs, probably like Hunter Biden, because of who they know. You don't hear Rachel Maddow rattling on about them. No one is arguing that Hunter has clean hands, there is no evidence either way, the argument is that Biden went out of his way to end an investigation into his son. The facts are that Biden was sent by Obama to relay a message to the Ukrainian government that the U.S. would not be giving financial aid unless the Prosecutor General, known to all in the west alliance, including the IMF, to be corrupt, was dismissed from his position. That wasn't Bidens decision, it wasn't under Bidens authority to make that decision, it was Obama's decision.

So, did Bidens son do something criminal? Who knows, and who cares, he's not running for office.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Okay, that made me laugh. Very Orwellian of then. Anytime someone tells you what you "need" to hear, that's your cue to look for what they don't want you to hear.
                      Yes, we can see how you adhere to the philosophy, MM, when it comes to the Trump Administration.

Comment

This ain't the first offense for Spanky. He used the same imagery for the Parkland kids some time ago, the first time I called him out on it. He's even tried it out on me, right here in this thread. He is dead serious. The first time he defended himself by saying that's how he did his own kids.

I'm a grown man attacking a grown man attacking a child on the internet. A girl child, 12-looking, 16, whatever. With a condition known all too well to TWebbers, and to me, too, personally, with a walking talking nephew to keep me reminded, and the marine's kid as well.

Time and past time for you to recalibrate your jackass detector.
                        Well I don't actually remember what I said about the Parkland kids, but I certainly did spank my kids. As I was spanked, like my parents were spanked. Nothing to harsh and not that often. None of it was the least bit sexual - and you suggesting that motive just makes you a liar and twisted.
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Donations to Trump's political campaign are pouring in. $15 million in California alone within just two days.

The backfire effect.

It fascinates me. Libs better hope and pray for a miracle that this impeachment process is a success, because it will probably go down in history as the greatest self-inflicted defeat in political US history.

Comment

I can't even say why, but as far as I'm aware, he's never done the same to me, and it's not as if we haven't openly disagreed in extended discussions. But more than that, ff, I'm making a real request here, and I'd appreciate your help in the form of giving him room to reconsider.
                            Perhaps he just hasn't thought of a good one. I'd recommend "Puerile."
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I got quite a kick out of that intramural feces flinging.

Here is a video summary of the recent on-air spat.

WRT to Judge My Cousin Vinny: My observation over the past few years is that initially he was clearly pro-Trump, and his legal interpretations and opinions almost always supported Trump. At a certain point, it was suggested he might be a SCOTUS nominee, and his response was along the lines of, "Oh, golly, that would certainly be an honor, but that's up to the President." But when it became clear he was not going to be seriously considered, his demeanor changed noticeably, and his legal interpretations and opinions now usually incline *against* Trump.

So basically, my observations align with Joltin' Joe's opinion.

Now this could be highly relevant.

This looks like the incipient growth of a spine.

For years, Fox's news personnel have reported and remained silent as Fox's propaganda personnel ... contrary to much popular belief, purported opinion content does not qualify as opinion when the purported opinions are not based on facts ... have followed Fox's newscasts with extended and repeated contradictions of Fox's news reporting.

Mike Wallace's kid has been proved particularly spineless in this regard.

By DAVID BAUDER
                              October 19, 2017
                              Whatever.

From what I've seen on-air, the main problem at FNC is Edited by a Moderator Smith. Once upon a time, he did qualify as a journalist. He always did lean a bit left, and served a good purpose in reporting things that were uncomfortable for those of us on the right. But since the advent of The Beloved Orange One, he has ceased to be a journalist and has entered the opinion domain -- but with no acknowledgement from himself or TPTB.

On-air, things were a bit better in the days when Rupert ruled from on high, and Randy Roger oversaw things.

Moderated By: QuantaFille

Watch your language, please.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                              Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by QuantaFille; 09-29-2019, 07:25 AM.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                                Donations to Trump's political campaign are pouring in. $15 million in California alone within just two days.

The backfire effect.

It fascinates me. Libs better hope and pray for a miracle that this impeachment process is a success, because it will probably go down in history as the greatest self-inflicted defeat in political US history.
                                They're only getting more desperate and making more unforced errors. Trumpslide 2.0 is going to be one for the history books
                                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment