Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller's testimony: even many of those on the left say it was a train wreck for them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I don't. He's had a long and corrupt career, and he willingly stuck his own head in the noose. He got everything that was coming to him.
    I have to disagree. I think he's suffering from some kind of mental demise, and I suspect it's been accelerating over the past couple years. I've seen other very professional respectable men digress into the type of man we saw during the hearings. I think the Democrats used him, and he was totally out of his element.

A few years ago, I had an older man like that in my Church, and when he died, I was reading his "clergy record" - the information from which the obituary is written.

I had to ask the funeral director --- "Is this RIGHT?" He was a war hero - Bronze Star, Silver Star, a number of Presidential Citations, THREE Purple Hearts - and then spent a career as designer and builder of major oil refineries throughout the world. You NEVER would have known any of that by knowing him during the time I knew him.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Yet we still have people here on Tweb who seem to think Mueller was sharp and focused and credible and....

I believe he was "back in the day".
      I don't think anyone defined Mueller that way, nevertheless, if you were to strictly focus on his answers concerning the investigation and the evidence it produced of obstruction of Justice, tampering of witnesses, dangling of pardons, deleting of evidence, lying to the Special prosecutor, conspiracy etc etc etc, then you'd have a clearer picture of what the restrained Mueller was struggling to say at the hearing. Being biased as you obviously are, you haven't the capability to do that. It's a common tactic of the right wingers to attack the messenger, since they can't defend against the message. Demean, demean, demean, even if it means you are aiding and abetting a foriegn adversarys insurgency attack on our country. In my book, you're all nearly as treasonous as the guilty exposed in the Mueller report.
      Last edited by JimL; 07-26-2019, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        I don't think anyone defined Mueller that way, nevertheless, if you were to strictly focus on his answers concerning the investigation and the evidence it produced of obstruction of Justice, tampering of witnesses, dangling of pardons, deleting of evidence, lying to the Special prosecutor, conspiracy etc etc etc, then you'd have a clearer picture of what the restrained Mueller was struggling to say at the hearing. Being biased as you obviously are, you haven't the capability to do that. It's a common tactic of the right wingers to attack the messenger, since they can't defend against the message. Demean, demean, demean, even if it means you are aiding and abetting a foriegn adversarys insurgency attack on our country.
        Jimmy, check your fax machine. Even your own handlers are throwing Mueller under the bus.

In my book, you're all nearly as treasonous as the guilty exposed in the Mueller report.
        You excel at demonstrating how profoundly ignorant you are.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          I don't think anyone defined Mueller that way...
          That's how he was sold to us by the media. For instance, here's this from a 2017 CNN story...

Mueller is widely seen as a nonpolitical, dogged investigator, respected on both sides of the aisle.

Philip Mudd, a CNN contributor and former deputy director of the FBI's national security branch under Mueller, praised the appointment to CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Thursday.

"Every American who thinks that this is a moment of turmoil, whether they like the President or not, should breathe easy tonight: Robert Muller is solid ground," Mudd said.

"He is not one of the best, Robert Mueller, he is the best I ever saw. Leadership, judgment, decision-making," he added. "There is nobody better at doggedly pursuing a target without being subjected to any pressures from Congress, the President, the media, anybody in the FBI, the attorney general, the deputy attorney general. There is nobody better."

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/polit...ler/index.html

And here's the Washington Post...

This is typical of the fawning praise he received from the mainstream media.

Too bad those early attempts to burnish his (undeserved) reputation went up in smoke at Wednesday's hearing.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

That's how he was sold to us by the media. For instance, here's this from a 2017 CNN story...

Mueller is widely seen as a nonpolitical, dogged investigator, respected on both sides of the aisle.

Philip Mudd, a CNN contributor and former deputy director of the FBI's national security branch under Mueller, praised the appointment to CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Thursday.

"Every American who thinks that this is a moment of turmoil, whether they like the President or not, should breathe easy tonight: Robert Muller is solid ground," Mudd said.

"He is not one of the best, Robert Mueller, he is the best I ever saw. Leadership, judgment, decision-making," he added. "There is nobody better at doggedly pursuing a target without being subjected to any pressures from Congress, the President, the media, anybody in the FBI, the attorney general, the deputy attorney general. There is nobody better."

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/polit...ler/index.html

And here's the Washington Post...

This is typical of the fawning praise he received from the mainstream media.
            Come on, MM - that's not fair --- that was BEFORE he failed to carry their water.

Too bad those early attempts to burnish his (undeserved) reputation went up in smoke at Wednesday's hearing.
            Hence, their willingness now to throw him under the bus.

Comment

Nadler's team is trying their best right now in a news conference to salvage Mueller's testimony, and explain how effective he really was.

Comment

"We really need to stop examining the performance of Mr Mueller, and focus on the performance and conduct of Trump....." (congresswoman from Pennsylvania)

It really doesn't sound like the press is even buying it. And they keep focusing on "Mueller did not EXONERATE the President...."

They are continuing to go down the rat hole.

So, now they're going after the Grand Jury testimony - not realizing that what they're really doing is challenging Mueller's investigative skills, as he obviously did not include vital information from the GJT.

Comment

They are continuing to go down the rat hole.
                  What else would you expect the DemocRATS to do?

Comment

So, they're going to great lengths to defend Mueller's performance...
                    While unwittingly demonstrating that he screwed up really badly because THEY have to gather the underlying evidence (including Grand Jury Testimony) and investigate this all over again.

You can't make this stuff up!

Comment

What else would you expect the DemocRATS to do?
                      I just wish Nadler would get his eye brow fixed!

nadler.jpg

Comment

So, they're going to great lengths to defend Mueller's performance...
                        While unwittingly demonstrating that he screwed up really badly because THEY have to gather the underlying evidence (including Grand Jury Testimony) and investigate this all over again.

You can't make this stuff up!
                        Yep... as I predicted, their next step is the "Mueller was incompetent" defense.

Comment

Yep... as I predicted, their next step is the "Mueller was incompetent" defense.
                          Yeah... "He did a GREAT job!... but... um... we're going to do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Yeah... "He did a GREAT job!... but... um... we're going to do it RIGHT!"
                            But surely they have to know that grand jury testimony is legally off limits. Barr can't provide it without breaking the law.

Comment

But surely they have to know that grand jury testimony is legally off limits. Barr can't provide it without breaking the law.
                              So?

Comment

So?
                                You're right, the only time Democrats care about the law is when they can falsely accuse a Republican of breaking it.

Comment