Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kids In Cages...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Stop disrupting the narrative with those bothersome fact thingies
    Don't worry! Carp will remind us that an example is not evidence!

(unless it is his example that is))
    See rogue? I called it on the nose.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      Seer - there is a distinction between "court-ordered deportations" and "all appeals exhausted." I have not seen anything that affirms that all of the people who have been so ordered have had an opportunity to have their case reviewed by an appeals court. We live in an age with great polarization; having a second set of eyes review a case seems appropriate to me.
      Oh please, we are speaking of the law as written, before final order of removal there is an appeal process.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Removal_proceedings

That being said, once the process has run its course, and deportation is still the outcome, then they should be deported. But only those on that list should be deported - not any illegal immigrant ICE stumbles across. Most of the objections I have seen are to the latter. I'm sure there are some objecting to the former. I would not be one of them and I would not agree with them. And attributing that to "Dems" is painting with far too broad a brush.
      In this last situation ICE only went after those with removal orders. And the lawless Dems did what they could to interfere. There is no way to work with such people, laws mean nothing to them.

ICE targets a million people who have final deportation orders but remain in the U.S.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...231687048.html
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

shrug? So you really don't care about the suffering?

If we are going to help anyone, we need to do it at home first.
        Again - you are painting a false dichotomy. We can do both. We have the resources. We lack the will. There is no reason to have to choose between the two. ALL people in need of help should be helped in proportion to their need and within the limits of the resources of the provider of that support (a position which also makes the first statement clearly wrong).

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        It's neither, but your comment is your normal handwaving dismissal of anything you don't want to deal with.

Same handwaving dismissal

Same handwaving dismissal

Yep I called it. Another carp dismissal. You tend to do that a lot.

Hey what happened to "You can have the last word?"
        The rest of this has no content to which I can respond.
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Yep I called it. Another carp dismissal. You tend to do that a lot.
          I assume you don't think you can prove Carpe's point wrong solely by predicting it. So what is your argument to support your idea that he is wrong (if you think so)?

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
            Oh please, we are speaking of the law as written, before final order of removal there is an appeal process.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Removal_proceedings
            So there is no problem then. As I said - anyone slated for deportation should have access to an appeals process, and that should have had an opportunity to play out. If it has, then they should be deported. I'm not sure what your issue here is.

Originally posted by seer View Post
            In this last situation ICE only went after those with removal orders. And the lawless Dems did what they could to interfere. There is no way to work with such people, laws mean nothing to them.
            Wow, Seer. That's amazing. All of the Dems went after ICE for these deportations, and stood in the way? That must have been a sight to see, given that there are over 50 million of them.

I repeat - you are painting with too broad a brush.

Originally posted by seer View Post
            ICE targets a million people who have final deportation orders but remain in the U.S.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...231687048.html
            I'm aware of this article and have read it.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
              I assume you don't think you can prove Carpe's point wrong solely by predicting it. So what is your argument to support your idea that he is wrong (if you think so)?
              I'd be curious to know exactly what he thinks I am wrong about, since neither he nor Teal have yet accurately reflected any positions I have actually taken.

Comment

So there is no problem then. As I said - anyone slated for deportation should have access to an appeals process, and that should have had an opportunity to play out. If it has, then they should be deported. I'm not sure what your issue here is.

Wow, Seer. That's amazing. All of the Dems went after ICE for these deportations, and stood in the way? That must have been a sight to see, given that there are over 50 million of them.

I repeat - you are painting with too broad a brush.
                When you have the speaker of the house, and others in leadership doing this, I'm happy to broad brush since these are the lawless Dems we have to try and get reform done with.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

As you wish, Teal. Since you are unable to show where I said what you claimed I did, and I didn't in fact say any of it, you're not actually discussing with me - but rather with some illusion of me you've made up. I'll leave you to talk to the illusion. Last word to you, unless you address something I actually said.
                  Translation: I don't know how to scroll up.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Again - you are painting a false dichotomy. We can do both. We have the resources. We lack the will. There is no reason to have to choose between the two. ALL people in need of help should be helped in proportion to their need and within the limits of the resources of the provider of that support (a position which also makes the first statement clearly wrong).
                    Except they are doing something about the border. The democrats want to let them in, give them free healthcare and welfare. But instead they should be fighting for the homeless and poor in our own country.

You repeating "we can do both" is nonsense because we are NOT doing both, we are doing ONE: focusing all our sympathy, energy and efforts on illegal immigrants.

The rest of this has no content to which I can respond.
                    Great. How about this, carp: Since I never say anything you like or "to which you can respond" why don't you save yourself a ton of frustration and effort and not reply to any of my posts going forward? And if I happen to reply to one of yours, just ignore me.

Comment

When you have the speaker of the house, and others in leadership doing this, I'm happy to broad brush since these are the lawless Dems we have to try and get reform done with.
                      Then paint away, Mr. Rembrandt. Personally, I try not to paint entire groups of people with a single color. I'm not always successful, mind you, but at least I acknowledge it when CP points out I have done so.

Comment

Except they are doing something about the border. The democrats want to let them in, give them free healthcare and welfare. But instead they should be fighting for the homeless and poor in our own country.

You repeating "we can do both" is nonsense because we are NOT doing both, we are doing ONE: focusing all our sympathy, energy and efforts on illegal immigrants.
                        As best I can tell, we are doing neither. Pretty close to total stalemate. I repeat, we CAN do both. There is no need to create the false dichotomy..

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Great. How about this, carp: Since I never say anything you like or "to which you can respond" why don't you save yourself a ton of frustration and effort and not reply to any of my posts going forward? And if I happen to reply to one of yours, just ignore me.
                        Never?

And I am experiencing no frustration, Sparko. I simply respond to what I find interesting, and leave the rest. When someone is not accurately reflecting what I have said/posted, I point it out.
                        Last edited by carpedm9587; 07-30-2019, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Then paint away, Mr. Rembrandt. Personally, I try not to paint entire groups of people with a single color. I'm not always successful, mind you, but at least I acknowledge it when CP points out I have done so.
                          The point is Carp, this is the Dem leadership - telling people how to evade the law. How on earth can we do reform with such people?

Comment

I repeat, we CAN do both.
                            We are already 20 trillion in debt -the majority of that is in social programs - and you want more?

Comment

As best I can tell, we are doing neither. Pretty close to total stalemate. I repeat, we CAN do both. There is no need to create the false dichotomy..
                              What fantasy land are you living in Carp? Have you been listening to the news the last year? Or the democrat debates and news releases? They are campaigning for decriminalizing border crossings, free healthcare for illegals, and giving nearly everyone asylum status which gives them access to monthly funds and housing assistance. At the same time they are letting their cities deteriorate into plague infested slums.

Never?

And I am experiencing no frustration, Sparko. I simply respond to what I find interesting, and leave the rest. When someone is not accurately reflecting what I have said/posted, I point it out.
                              Basically you just ignore and handwave away anything inconvenient to your internal fantasy narrative of what you think the world is like.

rejectreality.jpg

Comment

The point is Carp, this is the Dem leadership - telling people how to evade the law. How on earth can we do reform with such people?
                                Dem leadership is not "Dems." It's a few people with their own opinion. Not all Dems agree with them. As I said - too broad a brush.

Comment