Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

IG's FISA Probe May Hamper Dems' Impeachment Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Some parts of the dossier have been verified, but very little, and it's all inconsequential stuff that has nothing to do with Trump, his associates, or his campaign.
    Well you gotta sprinkle some truth to sell a lie. But in this thing the only bits that could have been true were maybe some dates of when Trump was here or there, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Well you gotta sprinkle some truth to sell a lie. But in this thing the only bits that could have been true were maybe some dates of when Trump was here or there, etc.
      Some meetings were confirmed, but they had no connection whatsoever to Trump or his campaign. In fact, nothing related to Trump was ever substantiated, and much of it has been disproved (such as the claim that Michael Cohen visited Prague; those conducting the illegal NSA database searches identified the WRONG Michael Cohen!).
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Source: Barr Has Tasked DOJ Officials to Help Him Review FBI�s Investigation into Trump

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...on-into-trump/

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

And so it begins...

Source: The Last Refuge

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...l-prosecution/

As the saying goes, the coverup is always worse than the crime.
          Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-02-2019, 08:05 AM.

Comment

And so it begins...

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...l-prosecution/

As the saying goes, the coverup is always worse than the crime.
            Was just reading about that:

Source: Mark Meadows sends criminal referral targeting Nellie Ohr to DOJ

Nellie Ohr, the wife of Justice Department official Bruce Ohr, is the subject of a criminal referral sent to the Justice Department on Wednesday.

Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., wrote up the referral addressed to Attorney General William Barr, citing concerns that Ohr "knowingly provided false testimony" last year to a joint task force of the House Oversight and Judiciary committees that were investigating decisions made by the Justice Department and FBI surrounding the 2016 election.

The Hill reported Meadows, a member of House Oversight, has filed a referral with the Justice Department in the evening Wednesday. The Washington ExaminerSource

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

THIS is the story that Democrats are desperately trying to hide with all their theatrics surrounding Barr's testimony.

Comment

Well well well...

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...rump-campaign/

And remember, the only thing Mueller could get Papadopoulos on was a process crime -- I think he got the date wrong with regards to a meeting or something else similarly innocuous -- and he spent something like 10-days in jail as punishment.

Comment

Some interesting questions being asked about who Joseph Mifsud is exactly, and who was he working for when he approached Parapolous in 2016. There are indications that he was, in fact, working for the FBI and/or CIA when he met Papa and suggested that he had access to Hillary's emails. This is significant because it was this meeting that was used as the predicate to begin a counter intelligence operation against Trump and his campaign.

"Wait a minute," you might be thinking, "Why would an employee of our intelligence agencies be running a sting on a US citizen prior to and as justification for a later Intelligence operation?"

That, my friend, is the right question.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ge-1/#comments

Comment

Some interesting questions being asked about who Joseph Mifsud is exactly, and who was he working for when he approached Parapolous in 2016. There are indications that he was, in fact, working for the FBI and/or CIA when he met Papa and suggested that he had access to Hillary's emails. This is significant because it was this meeting that was used as the predicate to begin a counter intelligence operation against Trump and his campaign.

"Wait a minute," you might be thinking, "Why would an employee of our intelligence agencies be running a sting on a US citizen prior to and as justification for a later Intelligence operation?"

That, my friend, is the right question.

This is key, Mifsud tells Papadopoulos that the Russians had the e-mails, then (key word here is then) Papadopoulos mentions this to the Australian diplomat Alexander Downer*, who dutifully reports this to US authorities. It looks like a set up from beginning to end.

Downer tried moved $25,000,000 of Aussie taxpayer monies into the Clinton foundation.

https://spectator.org/the-papadopoul...such-a-downer/
                    Last edited by seer; 05-04-2019, 10:58 AM.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

The more threads they pull, the more the coup unravels...

John Solomon has a new article at The Hill centered around this email from State Department official Kathleen Kavalec after her October 11, 2016, interaction with dossier author Christopher Steele.

The substantive point of the article is how the email proves the political motives of Steele two weeks prior to the FBI/DOJ seeking a FISA application using his work product, the dossier. Despite knowing the bias motive, the FBI/DOJ persisted in using the dossier for a Title-1 FISA warrant against U.S. person Carter Page on October 21, 2016.

A second issue, perhaps more alarming, surrounds: (1) how the current DOJ and FBI kept the email hidden from congressional investigators; and (2) how the current DOJ and FBI have recently redacted the email, highlighting an ongoing institutional cover-up.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-chris-steele/

Comment

I hope somebody told Barr not to take a stroll through Fort Marcy Park.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I like how our resident liberals have studiously ignored this thread in their "Orange man bad!" zeal, but not only is this story not going away, it's getting bigger...

Source: The Hill

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...air-trump-dirt

Comment

Roger Stone recently filed a court motion demanding that the government 1) Prove its claims that Russia "hacked" the DNC servers; and 2) If they can't satisfy 1 to suppress all downstream warrants and evidene derived from the unfounded claim.

Some folks are saying that Mueller made a huge miscalculation going after Stone because it has given Stone legal standing to question the entire narrative and compel the government to prove its case against him.

Comment

The FBI knew at least a week prior to using Steele's report to secure a FISA warrant that the dossier was sketchy at best.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...sa-submission/

Comment

The FBI knew at least a week prior to using Steele's report to secure a FISA warrant that the dossier was sketchy at best.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...sa-submission/
                                Have you noticed how in the past couple of weeks that several of those involved in that sordid mess have begun to turn on each other? Looks like they are getting nervous about the investigation.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment