Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Mueller Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    No, it was to present it to the Attorney General for determination.
    No, that's just what you Trump supporters would like to think. Mueller made it clear in his press conference that his intent, and the point of a special council investigation, is to turn the evidence over to Congress for determination. Atty Gen Barr has nothing to do with it, and he knows it. He can't clear the president, he can say it, but it means nothing, nor can he stop the Congress from doing their oversight responsibilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Actually - that is the point. They are willing to go on record and put their professional credibility on the line. What they are saying is that if this person's actions where put before them operating in a legal context as prosecutors, they would indict. Your skepticism is nothing more than blind loyalty to Trump, not an analysis of what Trump did against the legal definition of obstruction.

Jim
      Again, there is no "professional credibility" in play. These prosecutors have no skin in the game, and can make whatever statement they choose. YOUR approval is clear evidence of your TrumpOCD. You WANT him gone and don't care who you align yourself with to get him gone.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

An Attorney General that by attempting to whitewash the report has made clear he is acting in the best interests of Donald Trump, not the best interests of our nation.

Jim
        He didn't whitewash anything. He released the entire report that he was legally allowed to. And now Trump is releasing the investigation data.

Comment

He didn't whitewash anything. He released the entire report that he was legally allowed to. And now Trump is releasing the investigation data.
          Worst coverup in history!
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            No, that's just what you Trump supporters would like to think. Mueller made it clear in his press conference that his intent, and the point of a special council investigation, is to turn the evidence over to Congress for determination. Atty Gen Barr has nothing to do with it, and he knows it. He can't clear the president, he can say it, but it means nothing, nor can he stop the Congress from doing their oversight responsibilities.
            Who did Mueller turn his report over to, JimL? Congress or Barr?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Jim, where did he say that about congress? Here is what Muller said yesterday:

We conducted an independent criminal investigation and . The Attorney General then concluded that it was appropriate to provide our report to Congress and the American people.

It was Barr's decision and his alone, as to whether to release the report or NOT and to whom.

https://www.axios.com/mueller-statem...415833129.html
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Im talking about all the pre-release rhetoric that contues to be used as 'evidence' the was nothing of concern in the report itself.

But all that 'spin' fell flat yesterday with Muellers statement.

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• @Mountain Man

And i'll tell you again: obstruction. Obstruction is an 'actual crime'.

Jim
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-30-2019, 11:57 AM.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Well well...

Source: Mueller Backtracks on Presser, Tries to Clarify Matters in Joint Statement with Bill Barr

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/201...ent-bill-barr/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And ill tell you again: obstruction. Obstruction is an 'actual crime'.

Jim
                      Jim, where did Trump actually obstruct anything? He may have wanted to, but he never actually did.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Im talking about all the pre-release rhetoric that contues to be used as 'evidence' the was nothing of concern in the report itself.

Jim
                        Mueller didn't say anything he didn't say in the report. People are just reading their own biases into it. A classic case of eisegesis.

Comment

Jim

Really Jim? Where? Be specific.

Comment

• I would still love to know why liberals are apparently OK with the dirty cop thumbing his nose at Congress and refusing to publicly testify.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              I would still love to know why liberals are apparently OK with the dirty cop thumbing his nose at Congress and refusing to publicly testify.
                              They are afraid to get clarification. Much better to be able to "interpret" what he said as "Trump needs to be impeached" than to actually get clarification and risk him saying "I didn't imply that at all"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                I would still love to know why liberals are apparently OK with the dirty cop thumbing his nose at Congress and refusing to publicly testify.
                                Well, probably because they are negotiating and he yas not yet actually been given a command where he refused to do what was asked.

Jik

Comment