Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Mueller Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Really Jim? Where? Be specific.
    Already answered. However, if mueller walked back his statement from yesterday, then all bets are off.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Well, probably because they are negotiating and he yas not yet actually been given a command where he refused to do what was asked.

Jik
      He made it pretty clear yesterday that he won't be testifying.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        He made it pretty clear yesterday that he won't be testifying.
        Because all he has to say is in the report and he has made it clear already, that he thinks Trump committed obstruction.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          Because all he has to say is in the report and he has made it clear already, that he refused to say whether or not Trump committed obstruction.
          Fixed that for you, gratis.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Source: Robert Mueller Assures Liberals He Will One Day Return To Judge Donald Trump Before Being Taken Up Into Heaven

source)

© Copyright Original Source

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
              Because all he has to say is in the report and he has made it clear already, that he thinks Trump committed obstruction.
              And liberals like you are happy to let him get away with not testifying when you should be asking, "What questions does the dirty cop not want to answer?"

(You also apparently missed a joint follow-up statement from Mueller and Barr saying that it was never the dirty cop's intent to imply that Trump would have been indicted if he wasn't president but, rather, that Mueller declined to answer the question of obstruction one way or the other and left it to the attorney general to decide.)

Comment

Well well...

Source: Mueller Backtracks on Presser, Tries to Clarify Matters in Joint Statement with Bill Barr

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37339[/ATTACH]
                https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/201...ent-bill-barr/

© Copyright Original Source

It is clear that Mueller wants to avoid having to answer questions under oath. Questions like, at what point did you realize that there was no collusion between Trump and Russia?

And while not saying it he sure did insinuate that Barr lied. The problem is that Barr has numerous witnesses to back him up in his claim that Mueller explicitly stated, multiple times, that the concept that you can't indict a sitting president played no role in influencing his actions. Witnesses that include the hard-core anti-Trumper Rod Rosenstein.

Interestingly, or should I say predictably, the MSM has shown no interest whatsoever in investigating this difference in testimony but has instead simply proclaimed that Barr is lying. End of story. No need to ask Barr -- or Rosenstein or anybody else in the DOJ.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And liberals like you are happy to let him get away with not testifying when you should be asking, "What questions does the dirty cop not want to answer?"

(You also apparently missed a joint follow-up statement from Mueller and Barr saying that it was never the dirty cop's intent to imply that Trump would have been indicted if he wasn't president but, rather, that Mueller declined to answer the question of obstruction one way or the other and left it to the attorney general to decide.)

Comment

• Hey, if he ends up there, you can ask him all about it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Hey, if he ends up there, you can ask him all about it!

Comment

• even your name suggests you will be on the bottom, FF. Don't fight it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          even your name suggests you will be on the bottom, FF. Don't fight it.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                            Barr is bound by the same departmental policy that led Mueller to refuse making an accusation...
                            "After reviewing the Special Counsel's final report on these issues; consulting with Department officials, including the Office of Legal Counsel; and applying the principles of federal prosecution that guide our charging decisions, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense. Our determination was made without regard to, and is not based on, the constitutional considerations that surround the indictment and criminal prosecution of a sitting president."
                            -Attorney General William Barr

Comment

• I've heard it said that we judge ourselves by our best days, and everybody else by their worst. So I will view your "reliable self-assessment" with reasonable skepticism.

Comment

"After reviewing the Special Counsel's final report on these issues; consulting with Department officials, including the Office of Legal Counsel; and applying the principles of federal prosecution that guide our charging decisions, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense. Our determination was made without regard to, and is not based on, the constitutional considerations that surround the indictment and criminal prosecution of a sitting president."
                                -Attorney General William Barr

Comment