Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
    Then I'm a practicing atheist as I understand it to be. I just believe in one more God than you, that's all.
    Me too. I interpret Atheist to mean "A Theist" which means someone who believes in God(s). Therefore us Christians are all practicing Atheists.

Comment

• See? You're doing that thing where you repeat the same thing over and over. No, it's not semantics. Semantics is not "I made a claim I cannot back up, so I'm morphing it into something else".

My claim, supported by several links, was that Buttigieg considers himself a practicing Episcopalian and committed to the essential message of Christianity as he understands it to be.
      Laughing... so NOW it's "practicing Episcopalian"!!!! You are such a pantload!

Your claim, supported by actual quotes of yours, was that you claimed that Buttigieg HIMSELF claimed to be a "practicing Christian". Incapable of defending that, you've morphed.

And the kabuki dance continues in full swing!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        See? You're doing that thing where you repeat the same thing over and over. No, it's not semantics. Semantics is not "I made a claim I cannot back up, so I'm morphing it into something else".

Laughing... so NOW it's "practicing Episcopalian"!!!! You are such a pantload!

Your claim, supported by actual quotes of yours, was that you claimed that Buttigieg HIMSELF claimed to be a "practicing Christian". Incapable of defending that, you've morphed.

And the kabuki dance continues in full swing!
        I can't wait till it changes into you claiming he was a practicing Christian and Tassman denied it!

Tassman plays "telephone" with his own posts!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I can't wait till it changes into you claiming he was a practicing Christian and Tassman denied it!

Tassman plays "telephone" with his own posts!
          He keeps lowering the bar, but STILL can't produce any support that Buttigieg HIMSELF claims to be a "practicing whatever".

In fact, in that interview with Beck, Buttigieg admits his family didn't go to Church, his father "did not remain religious", his mother "considers herself more religious", but she was "not as likely to attend church, either"....
          He claims that he THINKS he was baptized, more or less, "right away" by "a theologian of science and religion at Notre Dame".
          As an adult, he no longer viewed himself as Catholic, but "found himself going to services at Christ Church", and felt "more or less Anglican".

And "I don't know why I wound up liturgically conservative other than maybe habit, but I do feel that way. If there's going to be music, I want an organ, not a guitar. ... And I've always struggled with prayer as a concept, just because the idea that when you address the Almighty, we do it, grammatically, in the imperative mood. It's an interesting thing."

And his "Christian prayer life"? "Granted, in a literal sense, it's asking for things, but that's problematic, too, as though we encounter God, and he hasn't already figured out what we need. So I guess in that sense I do find that ritual organized prayer makes sense because it is a way to tune my own heart to what is right."

What a RINGING ENDORSEMENT of the RISEN LORD!!!! Can somebody say AMEN!!!

Again, I'm not saying he's NOT a Christian -- I'm just looking for actual evidence that he IS. He's not helping himself a whole lot here, in spite of the fact that the liberals are proclaiming his "profound faith".
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He keeps lowering the bar, but STILL can't produce any support that Buttigieg HIMSELF claims to be a "practicing whatever".

In fact, in that interview with Beck, Buttigieg admits his family didn't go to Church, his father "did not remain religious", his mother "considers herself more religious", but she was "not as likely to attend church, either"....
            He claims that he THINKS he was baptized, more or less, "right away" by "a theologian of science and religion at Notre Dame".
            As an adult, he no longer viewed himself as Catholic, but "found himself going to services at Christ Church", and felt "more or less Anglican".

And "I don't know why I wound up liturgically conservative other than maybe habit, but I do feel that way. If there's going to be music, I want an organ, not a guitar. ... And I've always struggled with prayer as a concept, just because the idea that when you address the Almighty, we do it, grammatically, in the imperative mood. It's an interesting thing."

And his "Christian prayer life"? "Granted, in a literal sense, it's asking for things, but that's problematic, too, as though we encounter God, and he hasn't already figured out what we need. So I guess in that sense I do find that ritual organized prayer makes sense because it is a way to tune my own heart to what is right."

Again, I'm not saying he's NOT a Christian -- I'm just looking for actual evidence that he IS. He's not helping himself a whole lot here, in spite of the fact that the liberals are proclaiming his "profound faith".
            So he doesn't go to church much, isn't sure if he was ever baptized, he doesn't pray or even understand prayer, and he is more concerned about the type of music the church plays than what they teach.

Comment

So he doesn't go to church much, isn't sure if he was ever baptized, he doesn't pray or even understand prayer, and he is more concerned about the type of music the church plays than what they teach.
              And the ONLY reason the media (and Tassman) care about "his faith" is because he attacked Trump and Pence.

ETA: And, of course, because he's a homosexual.
              Last edited by Cow Poke; 06-05-2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Reminds me of the Methodist sermon preached at my grandfather's funeral. It was a theologically empty "Everybody is basically good, so if heaven exists, we're all going to end up there when we die, probably" sort of affair which conveyed a general feeling of hopelessness.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

To be fair, that sounds like a lot of practicing Christians I know.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    To be fair, that sounds like a lot of practicing Christians I know.
                    Then they need a lot more practice.

bad-da-bam.gif

Comment

No, it's not semantics.
                      https://www.indianapolismonthly.com/...tigieg-feature

Comment

• No, it's your kabuki dance. Or maybe it's the LIMBO, cause you keep lowering the bar. You're just full of crap, Tassy.

Comment

• So, just for grins (and setting aside for a moment the fact that you have yet to produce ONE QUOTE where Buttigieg actually calls himself a "practicing Christian"), I read the article you linked in this post.

No mention whatsoever from Buttigieg himself of what his "faith" entails. Only a second hand quote from Adam Wren from "back in October".

Comment

• A "practicing" Christians is more than a church goer. It is someone who takes their faith and the bible seriously, and tries to live their life according to the way God tells us to in the bible. And will believe the whole bible, not just the parts they like. They practice (live) their faith. Not just talk about it.

Comment

A "practicing" Christians is more than a church goer. It is someone who takes their faith and the bible seriously, and tries to live their life according to the way God tells us to in the bible. And will believe the whole bible, not just the parts they like. They practice (live) their faith. Not just talk about it.
                              As opposed to a CEO Christian, for example --- Christmas & Easter Only.

Comment

• The perennial and seasonal pew-warmers: Life-blood of church decay.
                                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                                Scripture before Tradition:
                                but that won't prevent others from
                                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment