Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Banning Chick-fil-A is not only bigoted -- it�s illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeaC View Post
    I'm not saying any of this is bad? But as far as pre-prepared, when they can get me my food less than a minute after I order it(which they do), despite my not being anywhere close to the only customer, I don't believe it was "made fresh."
    SURE it was made fresh -- they just anticipated you were gonna order it!

But I'm just reporting what I was told by a friend.

It doesn't make me want to eat there any less.
    I just wish we had a CFA in my town!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They don't exactly have an extensive menu so they have a pretty good idea what their customer is going to order.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        They don't exactly have an extensive menu so they have a pretty good idea what their customer is going to order.
        And their menu shrank horribly wrong when they excluded....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          It had EVERYTHING to do with religion, and it's a.... oh, wait.

You're endorsing it, so that's PROOF it was nutty as a fruitcake!
          No, really, religion, no doubt perverted, is the excuse they use for their anti-gay bigotry. They are motivated primarily by thir bigotry which is why I am correct when I tell you that religion (smoke and mirrors) has nothing to do with it.
          Now you know that you may demonstrate your support for gays, as Jesus would, by not eating Chick-fil-A.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            No, really, religion, no doubt perverted, is the excuse they use for their anti-gay bigotry.
            In your opinion.

They are motivated primarily by thir bigotry which is why I am correct when I tell you that religion (smoke and mirrors) has nothing to do with it.
            Um....

A) I'm pretty sure that the family who owns Chick-Fil-A is motivated by profit.
            2) The REASON that they rejected Chick-Fil-A is because of their own anti-Christian intolerance:

Now you know that you may demonstrate your support for gays, as Jesus would, by not eating Chick-fil-A.
            I, in fact, shall take my family to Chick-Fil-A tonight and eat some really good Chick-Fil-A food in your honor!

Comment

They are motivated primarily by thir bigotry...
              Yes, the city council is motivated by their bigotry.

I can be tolerant or your ignorance that homosexuality is good, but you cannot be tolerant of my belief that it's sin.

Comment

Yes, the city council is motivated by their bigotry.

I can be tolerant or your ignorance that homosexuality is good, but you cannot be tolerant of my belief that it's sin.

Comment

Actually, it happened once, but I politely declined.

And if your religion forbids it then that is a matter strictly between you and your religion.
                  The free exercise of which is guaranteed in our First Amendment.

I don't hate gays. Never have.

The idea of sin belongs to the membership, for the control of the membership, and it is not for you to impose that idea on other people who are not members of your religion.
                  And I'm not trying to impose that on anybody - including people passing through the airport.

The fact of your misunderstanding and your insistence on casting others as outsiders is what leads you to bigotry.
                  Your misrepresenting my position is the result of your own ignorance and bigotry.

Next?

Comment

In these cases, it can be difficult to identify who the sinner is and therefore it is wise not to get angry about it in case your misdirected anger itself is sinful.

Comment

00000000000000ab000-00dd.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

In these cases, it can be difficult to identify who the sinner is and therefore it is wise not to get angry about it in case your misdirected anger itself is sinful.
                        Anger? Who's angry? There's no anger in my casual observation that the city of San Antonio is being unconstitutionally prejudiced against a company based on religious intolerance.

Comment

Anger? Who's angry? There's no anger in my casual observation that the city of San Antonio is being unconstitutionally prejudiced against a company based on religious intolerance.
                          The left* projects their own anger toward conservatives and especially Christians, just like they project their own bigotry on us by calling us "homophobes" (I don't think they know what that word actually means) and "intolerant".

We are salt and light to sinners and it stings them and shows them their evil deeds, and so they hate us.

*Please note that I know full well there are some believers who are liberals.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            The left* projects their own anger toward conservatives and especially Christians, just like they project their own bigotry on us by calling us "homophobes" (I don't think they know what that word actually means) and "intolerant".

We are salt and light to sinners and it stings them and shows them their evil deeds, and so they hate us.

*Please note that I know full well there are some believers who are liberals.
                            I've thought about that very thing - because (many) liberals are so anti-Christian, they assume we 'hate' them with the same intensity that they hate us.

Because I believe that marriage is between one man and one woman - that obviously means I am seething with rage and hatred for homosexuals.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              You get the impression that the people working their actually like their job.
                              I can't believe CP hasn't commented a single word about this egregious grammatical error yet.

I'm so proud of him.

Comment

Last edited by firstfloor; 04-05-2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment