Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Banning Chick-fil-A is not only bigoted -- it�s illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That has always amazed me - but the Muslims are much better at hiding their actual beliefs. The two hot buttons in the US are, currently, anti-woman and anti-LBGTQ, where Islam has a wretched and horrid history. I can only imagine the backlash if any public official (city council or whatever) opposed a Muslim owned restaurant from opening solely on the beliefs or opinions of the owners.

Speaking of which
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Well if Horace wants to self-identify as a cow who are you to tell him zhe can't?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Well if Horace wants to self-identify as a cow who are you to tell him zhe can't?
          Horace has gone to that great meatpacking place in the sky. He died of a broken heart after being accused of farting global warming across the plains.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

And yet, schools in Canada did away with prayers to Jesus decades ago.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              I was under that impression, but the article raised doubts. Thanks.
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

So Christians can't pray in school but Muslims can?

Comment

Same thing has happened in a few schools here where special rooms were established for Muslims to worship[1] but Christians are forbidden to conduct prayer services. IIRC, I posted a long list of such schools in the pre-crash days.

1. In some cases sexual discrimination is even tolerated with such rooms allowing males in the front while cordoning off a section in the back for the females.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Bingo.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Bingo.
                      So while they can't pray they can play bingo?

No, no. Don't bother getting up. I'll see myself out.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Same thing has happened in a few schools here where special rooms were established for Muslims to worship[1] but Christians are forbidden to conduct prayer services. IIRC, I posted a long list of such schools in the pre-crash days.

1. In some cases sexual discrimination is even tolerated with such rooms allowing males in the front while cordoning off a section in the back for the females.
                        Report of just that appearing on my facebook feed is what prompted my response earlier. However, when I went to follow it up again ... it has disappeared both from my feed, and from my daughter's page - which is odd, because she had re-posted it. In that report - not only males segregated from females, but menstruating females had their own extra segregated area, and weren't permitted to have any part in the service.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Bingo.
                          They can play bingo too?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

In this case the Muslims are not only allowed to pray but give sermons in school. They are basically holding a church service.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              I, for one, am not convinced that chicken sandwiches and Christianity ought to be so closely bound.
                              Paul, who's authority on how closely bound a persons Christianity and his regular life should be far surpasses yours, disagrees with you:

Scripture Verse: Colossians 3:17

17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

© Copyright Original Source

You'll have to excuse me, and the owners of Chick-fil-A, if we would listen to an apostle of Christ, rather than some crusty old internet troll, when it comes to this issue.

Comment

Christians can pray in school but they have to keep it secret. When I did my stint as a teacher in a Junior High, they actually had a room dedicated to Muslim prayer, and encouraged all students to visit it for "cultural" reasons. They even observed Ramadan as an optional school holiday.

Comment