Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Banning Chick-fil-A is not only bigoted -- it�s illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    In this case the constant whining from the left about Chick-Fil-A actually makes them into the underdog and people flock to it in retaliation to the left's nonsense. I bet their growth is tied to the left's attacks against them. The more they try to push Chick-Fil-A out of the market place, the bigger they grow.
    Come on, Libs, keep attacking Chick-Fil-A.... or.. um.... throw them in the briar patch..... or....

keep up the good work, anti-Christian bigots.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• So, recap....

A) Chick-Fil-A is a PRIVATELY HELD company.
      2) They are in trouble with the anti-Christian bigots because the owners choose to exercise their free amendment rights to...
      • religious expression
      • free speech
      • free association
      • free enterprise

C) So rather than a simple boycott, 60% of the San Antonio city council - SIX PERSONS - choose to abuse their own power to remove the level playing field from Chick-Fil-A

They know they can't win in the free market of ideas and consumerism, so they cheat.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        When things become political they become much larger than a single sandwich vendor. Consider The Donald;...
        FF, as thread starter, I'm gonna take a page from mossy's hymnal --- this is NOT a thread about Trump, nor is it a platform for you (or anybody else) to launch your anti-Trump tirades. Unless there's an actual direct link between Trump and San Antonio's abuse of power, you will please refrain from your misguided attempts to Trumpenize this thread.

Thank you, sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          So, recap....

2) They are in trouble with the anti-Christian bigots because the owners choose to exercise their free amendment rights to...
          • religious expression
          • free speech
          • free association
          • free enterprise

C) So rather than a simple boycott, 60% of the San Antonio city council - SIX PERSONS - choose to abuse their own power to remove the level playing field from Chick-Fil-A

They know they can't win in the free market of ideas and consumerism, so they cheat.
          Obviously they don't trust the people to make their own decision and seek to make it for them.

Gubment at it's worst.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Obviously they don't trust the people to make their own decision and seek to make it for them.

Gubment at it's worst.
            I remember when the LBGT crowd was crying "all we want is to be treated equally".

Comment

So, recap....

• religious expression
              • free speech
              • free association
              • free enterprise

No one is arguing against those freedoms. Those freedoms give choices and those choices have consequences. There is nothing unfair about it.

Comment

No one is arguing against those freedoms.
                Denying a use permit to operate at an airport where others are entitled to operate is absolutely standing against those freedoms. And, contrary to their attempt to disguise their motivation, that was the stated intent.

Those freedoms give choices and those choices have consequences.
                Yet the city council abuses their power by stripping visitors to the airport of their right to choose. SIX anti-Christian BIGOTS steal the choice away from hundreds of thousands.

There is nothing unfair about it.
                It is discrimination based on religious convictions - it is not only unfair, but most likely illegal.

Comment

Denying a use permit to operate at an airport where others are entitled to operate is absolutely standing against those freedoms. And, contrary to their attempt to disguise their motivation, that was the stated intent.

Yet the city council abuses their power by stripping visitors to the airport of their right to choose. SIX anti-Christian BIGOTS steal the choice away from hundreds of thousands.

It is discrimination based on religious convictions - it is not only unfair, but most likely illegal.
                  Ill eagle... Chicken... I see whut ya did thar.

Comment

Airport visitors are always stuck with the choice given to them by the landlord.

Comment

Airport visitors are always stuck with the choice given to them by the landlord.
                      At this point, I'm beginning to think you're just being silly, having recognized you haven't a leg to stand on, chicken or otherwise.

Here's what happened:

The city staff took bids for new restaurant concessions at the airport. A proposal that included Chick-fil-A scored roughly 96 out of 100. The next closest competitor scored only 73%. Since the plan with Chick-fil-A was clearly the best fit, the proposal was almost approved...

That is, until the anti-Christian zealots on the San Antonio City Council decided to intervene.

Citing the sincerely held religious beliefs of its leadership, the Council voted to reverse the city staff's decision and single out Chick-fil-A for exclusion from the airport.

The anti-Christian bigots on council -- SIX of them -- went against a very FAIR process whereby Chick-Fil-A was overwhelmingly approved.

And NOBODY is going to stand in front of Chick-Fil-A and force GBTLXYZ supporters to purchase and consume a chicken sandwich. The anti-Christian bigots, however, CHEATED all others of even making the choice.

Comment

At this point, I'm beginning to think you're just being silly, having recognized you haven't a leg to stand on, chicken or otherwise.
                        Wait. Are you suggesting the ff is doing nothing more than trolling?

Or maybe

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Wait. Are you suggesting the ff is doing nothing more than trolling?
                          He hasta be, cause he's not that dumb.

HOWEVER....

A) I like him
                          2) I'm multi-tasking
                          iii) Others reading this may not know the background

Comment

He hasta be, cause he's not that dumb.

HOWEVER....

A) I like him
                            2) I'm multi-tasking
                            iii) Others reading this may not know the background

Just sayin'

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36157[/ATTACH]

Just sayin'
                              You respond to ME, don't you?

Comment

You respond to ME, don't you?
                                00000000000000ars3.gif

Comment