Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden, Me Too..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Denial cant change the reality.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Then there are the stories of him swimming naked in the presence of female secret service agents who found it highly inappropriate and offensive.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/23699...-ryan-saavedra
      Oh the shame of it. OTOH The president has been accused by dozens of women of sexual misconduct. He denies it of course, but then, he's a serial liar.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8796851.html

Comment

On the basis of those links, it would seem that Trump has more to answer for than Biden.

Whether either or both has sufficient veracity is another issue.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          Oh the shame of it. OTOH The president has been accused by dozens of women of sexual misconduct. He denies it of course, but then, he's a serial liar.

A few things to consider though
          • Among those claims we have things like Trump supposedly sexually assaulting a woman on an airplane loaded with passengers none of who have stepped forward to corroborate the allegation
          • The women accusing Biden are "fellow travelers" (liberal Democrats) not people with a political axe to grind, and this may only be the start
          • We have a large number of photographs and video recordings of Biden being Biden not just "he said, she said" stuff
          • Trump has never put himself forward as a champion of women and their causes, unlike Biden and Al Franken
          • Biden is one of those who has proclaimed that women should always be believed when it comes to these sort of allegations -- unless I guess when he's concerned

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Access Hollywood. That was trump talking.

There was hush money paid by trump to silence daniels.

Trump has played the field many times with allegations of affairs etc stretching back to the '80s

You clearly and unashamably apply two completely different standards: one for those you want in office, another for those you don't.

Jim
            Both of you are applying double standards Jim. Can't you see that? MM is excusing Trump while condemning Biden. You are condemning Trump while excusing Biden. You are two sides to the same coin.

The problem with Biden though is that his party is the party that claims the high ground on tolerance, equal treatment of women and being against sexual harassment and toxic masculinity. Yet they are putting forth a candidate that basically has trashed all of their standards and ignoring his faux pas while condemning Trump and Kavenaugh and other republicans for similar actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post

Come on, Tass, not this BS again.

Alva Johnson claimed Trump tried to kiss her at a campaign event, but witnesses deny her allegations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.9178a49b6a0f

Jessica Leeds claims that Trump raised the armrest on a first class airplane seat and groped her. Except that first class arm rests are fixed, and her accusation was almost word for word the same as an earlier accusation against another man, including the curious phrase about him being all over her like an octopus.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-donald-trump/

Ivana Trump denies that she was ever raped by her husband.

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/...y-beast-120721

Jill Harth accused Trump of sexually assaulting her in 1997, but the accusation came only after he had rejected her offer to work on his presidential campaign.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...before-her-sex

Kristen Anderson claims Trump assaulted her at a nightclub in the early 1990s, but says she didn't know who he was until she later recognized his eyebrows. Seriously! She also claims she was with friends, but it seems none of them have stepped forward to substantiate her story.

https://heavy.com/news/2016/10/donal...ment-up-skirt/

Melinda Macgillivray claims that Trump assaulted her at a 2003 Ray Charles concert at Mar-a-Lago. Only the concert never happened.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ever-happened/

Journalist Natasha Stoynoff claims that Trump forcibly kissed her during an interview at Mar-a-Lago in 2005, and that Trump's butler had to intervene, but the butler denies the incident.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...interview.html

Summer Zervos claims that Trump assaulted her while she was a contestant on THE APPRENTICE, but that apparently didn't stop her from asking him for business advice and applying for a job on the Trump campaign.

https://truthfeed.com/busted-latest-...r-trump/29612/

And on down the list it goes. The ones that give specific details are demonstrably false. The rest are so vague that the most you can say is "That's an accusation, alright." And remember, the burden of proof lies on the accuser.

This is a far cry from the dozens of irrefutable pictures and video of Biden inappropriately touching women and children.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                MM is excusing Trump while condemning Biden.
                No, I'm not. I'm simply pointing out that it's words versus actions. I'm not saying that Trump's boasts are morally right, but they are, at the end of the day, merely boasts. Furthermore, the accusations against Trump do not withstand scrutiny, as I've shown in my post above. On the other hand, we have irrefutable photos and video of Biden literally caught in the act.

If I'm applying different standards, it's only because they're different situations.

Comment

Both of you are applying double standards Jim. Can't you see that? MM is excusing Trump while condemning Biden. You are condemning Trump while excusing Biden. You are two sides to the same coin.

The problem with Biden though is that his party is the party that claims the high ground on tolerance, equal treatment of women and being against sexual harassment and toxic masculinity. Yet they are putting forth a candidate that basically has trashed all of their standards and ignoring his faux pas while condemning Trump and Kavenaugh and other republicans for similar actions.
                  Im not excusing biden. I said the video of biden with the child by itself was a nothing. And im saying what the senator is complaining about rises to the kevel of annoying, not sexual harassment.

What im saying is that compared to what trump is accused of and what he is known to have done, it is a double standared to pile on biden and excuse trump.

I also acknowledged that it had been shown here that there is a pattern of pushing personal space limits significantly beyond what is normally acceptable with biden and thst given that some of the responses here can be justified.

Jim
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-02-2019, 11:17 AM.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Im not excusing biden. I said the video of biden with the child by itselfcwas nothing. And im saying what the senator is complaining about rises to the kevel of annoying
                    What im saying is that co.pared to what trump is accused of and what he is known to have done, it is a double standared to pile on biden and excuse trump

Jim
                    Jim
                    No, I'm not. I'm simply pointing out that it's words versus actions. I'm not saying that Trump's boasts are morally right, but they are, at the end of the day, merely boasts. Furthermore, the accusations against Trump do not withstand scrutiny, as I've shown in my post above. On the other hand, we have irrefutable photos and video of Biden literally caught in the act.

If I'm applying different standards, it's only because they're different situations.

You even both make excuses the same way. You are more alike than either of you realize.

Comment

...co.pared to what trump is accused of and what he is known to have done...
                      What is Trump "known to have done" apart from idle boasting and admitting to consensual extramarital affairs?

Comment

You even both make excuses the same way. You are more alike than either of you realize.
                        Not at all. I'm saying that when it's a matter of words versus actions, actions, in this case, are far worse.

Comment

Source: Pelosi says Biden should stop being touchy-feely with women

https://apnews.com/f14e1cb4432c460f8aeb3cfc2c095b97

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

What is Trump "known to have done" apart from idle boasting and admitting to consensual extramarital affairs?
                            You may be willing to believe Trumps boasts on the access hollywood tape were idle, but i am not. He is a bully. He has a very long list of accusations against him from women since the 80s. He also is known to have employed lawyers to clean up the consequences of his actions.

One doesnt need lawyers to clean up messes if one isnt making messes.

Jim
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-02-2019, 11:24 AM.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Where is Charles and his "whataboutism" when you need him?

I saw a clip that shows Jeff Sessions swatting Biden's hand off his granddaughter and moving her away. So some adults have a definite sense that Biden is far too familiar with little girls.

I have issues with getting video links to work, so if it doesn't show the video here, at least the link should work.

You need to go about 1:20 into the video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kVW4x4uE6WI

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

You may be willing to believe Trumps boasts on the access hollywood tape were idle, but i am not.
                                Where's the evidence?

One doesnt need lawyers to clean up messes if one isnt making messes.
                                One also needs lawyers when one is rich and famous and subjected to false accusations by people hoping that a payoff will be quicker and cheaper than fighting them in court. And as far as I know, there is not a single, credible accusation of sexual harassment or assault against Trump.

Or maybe I should use your excuse: "Trump is just an affectionate old man who doesn't know any better!"

Comment