Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden, Me Too..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    That doesn't excuse the fact that you elected a known thief and a lying con man to be the president of the U.S. He is a liar and thief, a big time thief, not just a bit shady, and he is using his office to continue the practice at the expense of the reputation of the most prominent democracy in the world. Thank the god I don't believe in that he, and the unethical republican toadies that look the other way will be gone soon before he causes any more damage to the country and the world.

Well, well: if those charges are true ... what does it say about the electorate's assessment of the alternative offerings?

And yet the Evangelicals put into power a known moral reprobate. Obviously gross immorality is not a problem for Evangelicals.
    Evangelicals don't comprise a majority of the electorate. Even if they did - you'd be complaining about the very democratic processes themselves.
    Last edited by tabibito; 04-08-2019, 04:41 AM.
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
      You seem to assume that ALL accusations against Trump are false.
      Rather, I have seen no good reason to believe any of them are true.

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
      Evangelicals put into power a known moral reprobate.
      As opposed to a different known moral reprobate.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        I'm not ascribing such behavior to Christians in general, just to Evangelicals. They are the ones that put Trump into power. Many Christians I know were and are appalled.
        I understand that. But so were many evangelicals appalled. As a technical aside, 'Evangelical' is a term that in its correct usage applies to all Christians. St. John is known by the Catholics as "St. John the evangelist". But as you use it, it refers to protestants that put great focus on evangelism. And yet, even among that population, if you look at the world as a whole, most of them were also appalled. So to even get a sizable percentage of 'evangelicals' that did in fact support the election of Donald Trump, you must limit yourself to US evangelicals. And then - again - there is a non-trivial subset of US evangelicals that are also appalled by the election of Donald Trump, and the reality is that for many of the Evangelicals that voted for Donald Trump (I think CP is in fact one of these), that vote was not a vote for Donald Trump, but rather a vote against Hillary. In that many of these evangelicals you are lumping into a single blob were simply stuck between a rock and a hard place. They were appalled by Trump, but then again, they felt they had no choice because they were more appalled by Hillary and many of elements of the left's political agenda.

In this website you do have many evangelicals that will defend Trump to the death it seems. MM is one of them. But it's not because they are 'evangelical'. I would say it is in spite of that fact. And yet I must admit there is a non-trivial subset of evangelicalism in the US that are with him in this. So I understand the temptation you face to paint all evangelicals with this broad brush. But it simply is incorrect to do so, and does a great dis-service to the faith itself and the millions of people that practice that faith but have not succumbed to the moral dissonance that is found in unwavering support for Donald Trump and the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Jim
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-08-2019, 08:15 AM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          ...And then - again - there is a non-trivial subset of US evangelicals that are also appalled by the election of Donald Trump, and the reality is that for many of the Evangelicals that voted for Donald Trump (I think CP is in fact one of these), that vote was not a vote for Donald Trump, but rather a vote against Hillary. In that many of these evangelicals you are lumping into a single blob were simply stuck between a rock and a hard place. They were appalled by Trump, but then again, they felt they had no choice because they were more appalled by Hillary and many of elements of the left's political agenda.
          That describes most of my fellow "Evangelicals". It is simply Tassman's hatred for Trump coupled with his intense anti-Christian bigotry that will not allow him to even consider that scenario.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So I understand the temptation you face to paint all evangelicals with this broad brush.
            Jim
            Using the broad brush is expected of Tassy - pay it no attention.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
              Well, well: if those charges are true ... what does it say about the electorate's assessment of the alternative offerings?
              What it says is that his supporters are not to bright.

Comment

Your sarcastic and bitter approach to these issues does not change the fact that there are people in this world that genuinely love and care for others. Those that know Biden well report that is what they see here. And unless something more in line with the frankin routine you unjustly compare him to comes to light, I'm willing to believe them.

Genuinely good people exist MM. And they often become the butt of jokes by people like the persona you present on this website.

Im willing to wait to see if anything is reported that is more than just a little too much nice.

Jim
                The hypocrisy of the left castigating Pence for his stance of never being alone with a woman who is not his wife while trying every way to excuse Biden for feeling up every women and child he can lay he hands on is not lost on us.

The left made this bed, now they need to lie in it.

no pun intended.

Comment

It's "too", you not TOO bright person.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Jimmy, when you're impugning the intelligence of others, please use proper grammar.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      It's "too", you not TOO bright person.
                      He tries SO hard.

Comment

• Poor Uncle Joe....

He's already saying really stupid stuff on the campaign trail...

Biden's downplay of China threat breaks with D.C.'s bipartisan consensus

Joe Biden yesterday seemed to downplay growing U.S. concerns about China, saying at a campaign stop in Iowa City:

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Poor Uncle Joe....

Joe Biden yesterday seemed to downplay growing U.S. concerns about China, saying at a campaign stop in Iowa City:
                          Biden has long been known as a human gaffe machine.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            It didn't much matter when he was a politician of little consequences (senator and then vice president), but it's going to be a lot harder to ignore and cover up if he's running for president.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Poor Uncle Joe....

That is because the democrats want China's help:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...eturns-1296868
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Which was why he "entered the race" via pre-recorded video. But... so SOON?

Comment