Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Collusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    It's funny how little jimmy seems to overlook the fact that it is fellow liberals who are describing Maddow as "bonkers" not "right wing talking heads." And it is Politifact, which has a history of working very hard to proclaim that liberals are being honest, that rank a full 60% of her statements as being at best half truths which flies in the face of his nonsense that she rarely makes mistakes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36125[/ATTACH]

By the reaction, seems I'm the one who struck a nerve.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      By the reaction, seems I'm the one who struck a nerve.
      Too bad that nerve was in your own foot.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Maybe we could listen to the suddenly morose and sullen Rachel Maddow.

Apparently some on the left are just now realizing what she's like. A recent article in New Republic simply describes her and her behavior as being "bonkers." Ya think?

The article observes that "The Howard Bealeization, or Glenn Beckifaction, of Rachel Maddow is a reminder that partisan paranoia has bipartisan appeal."

Oh, and it recently came to my attention that Politifact, which has the reputation of bending over backwards to defend blatant deception by liberals while spinning what conservatives say (to the point of judging what they claim they really meant rather than what they actually said), a less than sterling report card. A full 60% of her statements ranks as being at best half truths. I didn't think that they ever judged a prominent liberal this harshly.
        Typical, you don't like the message so you attack the messenger. The reality is that:

"Rachel Maddow is the 117th most popular contemporary TV personality and the 120th most famous. Rachel Maddow is described by fans as: Intelligent, Knowledgeable, Intellectual, Smart and Honest".

https://today.yougov.com/topics/ente.../Rachel_Maddow

A fair and accurate summary I think. But then, those in the Trump/Barr mold (looking at you) wouldn't know what a "fair summary" is.

Comment

• Moderated By: rogue06

This is the second time I've had to edit this cartoon of yours

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
          Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by rogue06; 04-08-2019, 04:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            [center][ATTACH=CONFIG]36134[/ATTACH]
            They're still closing.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by rogue06; 04-08-2019, 04:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              Typical, you don't like the message so you attack the messenger. The reality is that:

"Rachel Maddow is the 117th most popular contemporary TV personality and the 120th most famous. Rachel Maddow is described by fans as: Intelligent, Knowledgeable, Intellectual, Smart and Honest".

https://today.yougov.com/topics/ente.../Rachel_Maddow

A fair and accurate summary I think. But then, those in the Trump/Barr mold (looking at you) wouldn't know what a "fair summary" is.
              That she is popular with low information voters who get their TDS fix from her and therefore think that she's smart and honest says far more about them than anything else.

And you might want to try keeping your line of reasoning in mind the next time you object to MM using Breitbart or other conservative news source.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Moderated By: rogue06

This is the second time I've had to edit this cartoon of yours

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Sorry, I wasn't even aware of the first time.

Comment

• Aw man! JimL's back? Dang. I thought he ran off with his buddy Starlight.

Comment

• Some interesting Tweets from the President:

trump-tweet-how-did-it-start.jpg

"How did it start?" indeed. Taking this back to the very beginning is a shrewd and perhaps necessary play. You see, Susan Rice's infamous "by the book" email that she sent to herself 15-minutes before the end of the Obama administration was more than just a "cover your behind" maneuver. We now know that despite claims by some to the contrary, Trump actually was a subject of the FBI's and later Mueller's investigation. So why the constant lies that he wasn't, told to the media and even Trump himself? Because lying about and to the subject of an investigation is in some cases mandated if an investigation is being conducted "by the book". This means that Rice's email to herself potentially gives cover to all the conspirators who can hide behind "the book" if they are ever forced to an give account for their actions.

But what if it can be shown that the conspirators knew the investigation was bogus before it even began? What if it can be shown that they deceived the courts in order to acquire surveillance warrants? What if it can be shown that they conspired with the Hillary campaign to manufacture a phony "dossier" which they then used to justify their counter intelligence operation? Well in that case, "the book" offers them no cover at all.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...piracy-effort/

Comment

• The Russians hacked Barr's summary.
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        Typical....
                        Perhaps you're unaware that, when you claim something is "typical", there actually has to be a demonstrable pattern of behavior. Or is this simply more of your dishonesty showing?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Aw man! JimL's back?
                          We need the humor.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            We need the humor.
                            Jimmy reminds me of the advice a butler once gave to Anthony Hopkins while the celebrated actor was researching his role for Remains of the Day:

"A room must seem emptier when you're in it."

Comment

Looks like I hit a nerve.
                              Just NPC JimL falling back on his default when you don't give him something his Leftists programers coded him to respond to with their preprogramed talking points.
                              Last edited by RumTumTugger; 04-08-2019, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                                Just NPC JimL falling back on his default when you don't give him something his Leftists programers coded him to respond to with their preprogramed talking points.
                                Tweb seems to be turning into some weird fascist enclave. JimL and a few others are the brave and resilient resistance forces going behind enemy lines.

Comment