Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Collusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Barr was grilled on how it was that he could present a conclusion within three days of receiving the report. He shot that down, the Mueller team was telling him what was in the report for weeks before that.
    Yep. He knew at least three-weeks before the investigation was concluded that Mueller did not plan to issue any more indictments.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Yep. He knew at least three-weeks before the investigation was concluded that Mueller did not plan to issue any more indictments.
      In which case, Janet Reno said no report is necessary.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        I don't think he was talking about excesses on either side tabibito, he was talking about the fascist charateristics of many of Trump supporters here on tweb vs the few supporters and defenders of democracy who have to put up with them.. And being exessive in defending the latter is not a bad thing.
        https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ing/617762002/

Comment

• 'These aren't people. These are animals' is a common enough epithet regarding people whom the speaker finds morally reprehensible. Tying the comment to neo-fascism is ridiculous, though it is true that neo-fascists tend to dehumanise their targets.

Dehumanising groups makes them legitimate targets for maltreatment. Schoolyard bullies do it. Prochoicers do it - both with regard to babies and to their opponents. Right wingers do it ... "snowflakes". Left wingers do it ... "nazis." "I don't like that person" isn't good enough to justify making war on "that person," therefore "that person" has to be dehumanised so that making war becomes morally acceptable.

It's rhetorical propaganda, and while there is sometimes a measure of justification for it, usually there is none.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Fake news. He was referring specifically to MS13 gang members who really do act like animals.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...mbers-animals/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/621537002/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...ted-immigrants

Comment

Fake news. He was referring specifically to MS13 gang members who really do act like animals.

And then there's that. Just another gutter-press beat up - not only eliding context, but actively providing a false context.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/621537002/

How often do false reports have to be exposed before certain parties start to look beyond surface appearances?
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Some interesting Tweets from the President:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36144[/ATTACH]

"How did it start?" indeed. Taking this back to the very beginning is a shrewd and perhaps necessary play. You see, Susan Rice's infamous "by the book" email that she sent to herself 15-minutes before the end of the Obama administration was more than just a "cover your behind" maneuver. We now know that despite claims by some to the contrary, Trump actually was a subject of the FBI's and later Mueller's investigation. So why the constant lies that he wasn't, told to the media and even Trump himself? Because lying about and to the subject of an investigation is in some cases mandated if an investigation is being conducted "by the book". This means that Rice's email to herself potentially gives cover to all the conspirators who can hide behind "the book" if they are ever forced to an give account for their actions.

But what if it can be shown that the conspirators knew the investigation was bogus before it even began? What if it can be shown that they deceived the courts in order to acquire surveillance warrants? What if it can be shown that they conspired with the Hillary campaign to manufacture a phony "dossier" which they then used to justify their counter intelligence operation? Well in that case, "the book" offers them no cover at all.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...piracy-effort/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36146[/ATTACH]
                And now things that make you go "Hmmmmm!"

Source: Cautious Optimism � AG William Barr States He is Reviewing DOJ/FBI Conduct During The Summer of 2016�

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ummer-of-2016/

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

• He was speaking of MS13 who are animals indeed. And you know this, yet you repeat the lie the media tried to pass off. We told you this back when it happened. The media has even backed off of this claim. Your dishonesty is noted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    This is not surprising given that they support a neo-fascist like Trump.
                    You and JimL need to get together and found "We are Liars like Trump". You can wallow in each other's pathetic misery and hate and continue to spew forth distortions and craziness.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Democratic neo-fascist
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Brilliant deduction! Obviously in this case that is exactly who I am talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          He was speaking of MS13 who are animals indeed. And you know this, yet you repeat the lie the media tried to pass off. We told you this back when it happened. The media has even backed off of this claim. Your dishonesty is noted.
                          He was using MS13 in order to demonize all immigrants as animals that all need be kept out. Apparently you don't understand the rhetorical technic which is why he uses it on you.

Comment

He was using MS13 in order to demonize all immigrants as animals that all need be kept out. Apparently you don't understand the rhetorical technic which is why he uses it on you.
                            No, he wasn't, you dip. He was speaking about MS13 who sneak across the border. And the word is "technique" - when you want to criticize someone, at least try to use a spell checker.

Comment

• It's not just tWeb liberals who are brain dead. I keep thinking "There's got to be a better brand of liberal out there with intelligent arguments who is actually a joy to have a discussion with", but I have yet to find them. Even talking with my liberal friends and neighbors in person can be a chore. It's just one vacuous talking point after another. Rush Limbaugh once said that trying to debate a liberal is futile because you have to waste so much time educating them about basic facts that you can never get around to making your point.

Comment

It seems more a matter of understanding the technique well enough to recognise when it is being used. Nothing in the actual quotes shows any attempt to extend the - thoroughly normal - characterisation of violent thugs as animals to others.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment