Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mass shootings at New Zealand mosques...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    Read the thread and you will see numerous Christians supporting the use of weapons and using this tragedy to support their case.
    That might be because Christians who DON'T believe in weapons may not be here - or their belief systems don't allow them to use technology - such as the Amish and PERHAPS the Mennonites. Point is, we may not have a reasonable representation of Christians with that worldview.

I think it's more reasonable to say that AMERICAN Christians are saying "don't mess with our constitutional rights anymore than you already have."
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Australians for the most part, and even an Australian resident imam (who may or may not be a citizen: I don't have that information) are bemused by the accusations levelled at Trump: they are thoroughly illogical, and wouldn't make sense even if the perpetrator's own manifesto didn't make it obvious that Trump and Clinton are not factors. NOTHING in America is relevant to these actions. Not even the slightest connection is possible - the perpetrators' own manifesto makes that clear.

For the most part, the bit with Chelsea Clinton hasn't been given any airplay to speak of. With that said - the perpetrators' own manifesto makes it patently obvious that NOTHING in or from America is relevant to these crimes.

In short: NO! This is NOT about YOU!
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        The fact is, because of Trump's many racist statements, acts, and policies many of the extremists consider Trump their hero on the international stage. Trump needs to realize that words can kill more than guns.
        Exactly. This is why those supporting him should seriously consider the possible consequences of talking about others the way he does. And they should seriously consider the consequences his inhuman treatment of other human beings cause. I am not trying to see a direct line between Trump and this tragedy. However, it is naive to think there are no possible tragic consequeces when humans are treated or talked about in inhuman ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
          Exactly. This is why those supporting him should seriously consider the possible consequences of talking about others the way he does. And they should seriously consider the consequences his inhuman treatment of other human beings cause. I am not trying to see a direct line between Trump and this tragedy. However, it is naive to think there are no possible tragic consequeces when humans are treated or talked about in inhuman ways.
          Translation: "It's not that I'm blaming Trump for this, but I'm totally blaming Trump for this."

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Translation: "It's not that I'm blaming Trump for this, but I'm totally blaming Trump for this."

That is not a translation but a contradiction of what I said. Was it too hard to confront what I really said?

Comment

Moderated By: Sparko

Chuck, if you continue to post off topic anti-christian rants, I will move your posts to Chuck's car and ban you from this thread. Everyone else: stop feeding the troll

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
              Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Comment

That is not a translation but a contradiction of what I said. Was it too hard to confront what I really said?
                Let's analyze this, shall we?

Exactly. This is why those supporting him should seriously consider the possible consequences of talking about others the way he does. [Blaming Trump] And they should seriously consider the consequences his inhuman treatment of other human beings cause. [Blaming Trump] I am not trying to see a direct line between Trump and this tragedy. [Not Blaming Trump] However, it is naive to think there are no possible tragic consequeces when humans are treated or talked about in inhuman ways. [Blaming Trump]
                So, yes, you were blaming President Trump despite your claim to the contrary.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                  The fact is, because of Trump's many racist statements, acts, and policies many of the extremists consider Trump their hero on the international stage. Trump needs to realize that words can kill more than guns.
                  While one needs to twist things into a pretzel in order to blame Trump the left always remains as quiet as a church mouse about all the violence that can be directly linked to liberals and their virulent rhetoric.

Let's start with James Hodgkinson who actually very specifically targeted Republicans[1] before opening fire on them as they practiced for the annual Congressional Baseball Game for Charity. This left wing activist, MSNBC News junkie (notorious for the vitriol directed at Republicans and conservatives) and Bernie Sanders campaign worker who frequently expressed his hatred toward Republicans online, critically wounded House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-Louisiana)[2] as well as wounding four others.

Then there is Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) who was attacked from behind in his backyard resulting in five rib fractures including 3 displaced fractures as well as lung contusions as he was mowing his lawn by Rene Boucher, a neighbor and supporter of the far-left Occupy movement and who's Facebook account is full of anti-Trump rants.

The MSM worked overtime pushing the attackers story that this was all about a property dispute but neighbors of both men (Boucher did not even live next door to Paul) and the neighborhood homeowners association quickly debunked that.

Then there is Rep. David Kustoff (Tennessee) who was nearly run off the road by a stalker, Wendi Wright, who was angry about his vote to repeal and replace Obamacare. She then confronted him when he pulled over screaming, striking the windows on Kustoff's car and even reaching inside the vehicle before finally leaving. She was later arrested after boasting of the confrontation on Facebook and charged with felony reckless endangerment.

Then there is Rudy Peters, who while running against Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-California) last year, who was assaulted by a knife-wielding attacker near a vendor's booth at the Castro Valley Fall Festival after the attacker began screaming profanity-laced remarks about the Republican party and Trump and repeatedly shouting "I'll kill you" as he attacked. Fortunately Ford was able to fend of the attacker using one of his election signs. The attacker, Farzad Fazeli, ran off but was later arrested and charged with felony assault, making criminal threats and brandishing a weapon.

Then there is Kristin Davison the campaign manager for Nevada GOP gubernatorial candidate Adam Laxalt who was roughed up by an operative for American Bridge 21st Century, funded by liberal billionaire George Soros, leaving her bruised.

Then, up in Minnesota, two Republicans were physically assaulted by assailants who were angry about their politics. State Rep. Sarah Anderson was punched when she confronted a man kicking down several of her yard signs and Minnesota House District 15b candidate Shane Mekeland was attacked during a campaign event after the assailant accused Republicans of abandoning the middle class. That attack left him with a concussion.

Then in Massachusetts there was Shiva Ayyadurai who was running for Senate against Elizabeth Warren and got punched by one of her supporters.

."

And not too long ago Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.), who was Hillary's running mate, was on MSNBC's Morning Joe telling co-host Mika Brzezinski that Democrats needed to "fight in the streets" in order to combat the Trump Administration.

Apparently that is exactly what Kaine's youngest son "Woody" does as a member of Antifa and who was arrested in Minnesota for taking part in an attack on a pro-Trump rally at the state capitol resulting in the injury of a female Trump supporter and later charged with three misdemeanors. Other charges were dismissed and he made a plea deal resulting in his being sentenced to a year of probation and ordered to pay $236 fine (never hurts to have a powerful politically connected daddy).

Of course aggressive rhetoric of this sort is nothing new and Trump is hardly the first president to employ some. The last occupant of the White House, Barrack Obama was known to employ more than his share of it, saying things like:
                  • "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun."
                  • "argue with your neighbors. Get in their face."
                  • "Punch back twice as hard."

I can not help but be reminded of Jesus' words in Matthew 7:4-5 whenever those on the left or Never Trumpers start trying to play Six Degrees of Separation in their desperate attempts to link Trump with any and every act of violence while their own hands are red with blood.

1. Before the shooting he asked if those out on the field were Republicans or Democrats

2. He was in critical condition for several days as a result of the shooting and was hospitalized for 6 weeks
                  Last edited by rogue06; 03-16-2019, 12:09 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                    Australians for the most part, and even an Australian resident imam (who may or may not be a citizen: I don't have that information) are bemused by the accusations levelled at Trump: they are thoroughly illogical, and wouldn't make sense even if the perpetrator's own manifesto didn't make it obvious that Trump and Clinton are not factors. NOTHING in America is relevant to these actions. Not even the slightest connection is possible - the perpetrators' own manifesto makes that clear.

For the most part, the bit with Chelsea Clinton hasn't been given any airplay to speak of. With that said - the perpetrators' own manifesto makes it patently obvious that NOTHING in or from America is relevant to these crimes.

In short: NO! This is NOT about YOU!
                    Precisely. But that won't stop those with twisted agendas from insisting that it is.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Let's analyze this, shall we?

So, yes, you were blaming President Trump despite your claim to the contrary.
                      I never said I did not blame him. I only said I did not try to draw a direct line between Trump and this tragedy. It is not that difficult, is it? Mind confronting the actual point?

Comment

But ... it isn't hate speech if the MSM promotes it as being for a greater cause.
                        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                        Scripture before Tradition:
                        but that won't prevent others from
                        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

I never said I did not blame him. I only said I did not try to draw a direct line between Trump and this tragedy.
                          So you don't blame him, but you still totally blame him.

Give it up, Chuck, you're not helping yourself.

Comment

So you don't blame him, but you still totally blame him.

Give it up, Chuck, you're not helping yourself.
                            I blame him for what he has said and done. I don't blame him directly for actions taken by others but I do blame him for promoting a view on other human beings that is harmful and promotes hate. Hard for you to understand that you can blame some people for a while not blaming them for b?

Comment

I blame him for what he has said and done. I don't blame him directly for actions taken by others but I do blame him for promoting a view on other human beings that is harmful and promotes hate. Hard for you to understand that you can blame some people for a while not blaming them for b?
                              In that case then why mention Trump at all if you're not trying to tie him to this shooting?

Comment

In that case then why mention Trump at all if you're not trying to tie him to this shooting?
                                Like I wrote: "However, it is naive to think there are no possible tragic consequences when humans are treated or talked about in inhuman ways." He is causing a hardening of hearts and a lack of compassion. That is what I blame him for.

Shunya said it: "The fact is, because of Trump's many racist statements, acts, and policies many of the extremists consider Trump their hero on the international stage. Trump needs to realize that words can kill more than guns."
                                Last edited by Charles; 03-16-2019, 01:03 PM.

Comment