Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Caves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Caves

Tell me how this is NOT a cave?

Trump Agrees to Reopen Government for 3 Weeks in Surprise Retreat From Wall
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

It gives the Democrats a hard deadline to reach a deal or risk another shutdown.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      It allows the government to actually function during negotiations rather than not and no longer leaves most federal employees without pay?

Comment

Yeah, did you actually think his advisers were going to let him hold fast to his stupid move? He's an idiot, and it took him 5 weeks of economic damage and falling ratings to figure out that he's an idiot. Art of the deal my ...!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          It gives the Democrats a hard deadline to reach a deal or risk another shutdown.
          Huh, a hard deadline? How'd that work for ya so far?

Comment

As I recall, the administration was (quietly, but it naturally leaked) asking around about the potential effects of a longer-term shutdown. I'm guessing that the outlook was sufficiently bad that Trump was persuaded to strategically retreat. I highly doubt that the plan is simply "try again in 3 weeks".
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              Huh, a hard deadline? How'd that work for ya so far?
              There was no hard deadline before, so...
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                As I recall, the administration was (quietly, but it naturally leaked) asking around about the potential effects of a longer-term shutdown. I'm guessing that the outlook was sufficiently bad that Trump was persuaded to strategically retreat. I highly doubt that the plan is simply "try again in 3 weeks".
                That makes the most sense, I think. As my Marine Corps brother would say, "we never retreat - we advance to the rear!"
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  It is Trump who won't risk another shutdown. This one cost him too much.

Comment

Some people are theorizing that the airline shutdown may be the ultimate cause. Others think that it was the arrest of Roger Stone. Maybe there's a bit of all of the above?
                    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                      Some people are theorizing that the airline shutdown may be the ultimate cause. Others think that it was the arrest of Roger Stone. Maybe there's a bit of all of the above?
                      Mostly it was his sinking poll numbers and his realization that the longer it went on the worse it was going to get for him. The art of the deal guy just isn't to bright. Obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Mostly it was his sinking poll numbers and his realization that the longer it went on the worse it was going to get for him. The art of the deal guy just isn't to bright. Obviously.
                        The unintended irony of you impugning the intelligence of others never fails to amuse, Jim.
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The unintended irony of you impugning the intelligence of others never fails to amuse, Jim.
                          The unintended irony of you impugning my intelligence never fails to amuse me either, OBP.

Comment

...The art of the deal guy just isn't to bright. Obviously.
                            That would be "isn't too bright".

Comment

The unintended irony of you impugning my intelligence never fails to amuse me either, OBP.
                              You're so cute when you ape, Jim.
                              sigpic

Comment