Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So what is this toxic masculinity thing anyhow?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would that be the patriarchal tradition wherein women were prohibited from the priest-hood, but were thoroughly and demonstrably permitted to hold the much higher rank of prophet, and the even higher rank (while the post existed) of judge?
    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      But that is not wrong in any objective sense, it is in fact how nature created us.
      There is nosubjective process. E.g. Christians no longer try to justify slavery with passages such as in Romans 13 OR the subjugation of women as per 1 Timothy 2.

That is just silly Tass, for us to evolve morally there needs to be an objective standard that we are moving towards. If not no behavior is more evolved than another. "What ever is, is right."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        There is nosubjective process. E.g. Christians no longer try to justify slavery with passages such as in Romans 13 OR the subjugation of women as per 1 Timothy 2.
        But what is your point, the Western World grew and thrived with male dominance. Just as primates thrive with male dominance. What is your problem?

But we had social cohesion with male dominance and the West thrived. So what is your beef?
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• No, just part of your constantly shifting "argument".

I'm fully aware that you can babble the same thing over and over, until proven wrong, then babble something new over and over and over....
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            No, just part of your constantly shifting "argument".

I'm fully aware that you can babble the same thing over and over, until proven wrong, then babble something new over and over and over....
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Why are people continuing to argue with Tassman? Who cares what he thinks. He is merely ignoring everyone and repeating himself.

He has been answered over and over and proven wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                Would that be the patriarchal tradition wherein women were prohibited from the priest-hood, but were thoroughly and demonstrably permitted to hold the much higher rank of prophet, and the even higher rank (while the post existed) of judge?

I'm sorry men have primacy in the family and in the Church, women are not to rule over men.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I'm sorry men have primacy in the family and in the Church, women are not to rule over men.
                  And, being an entirely volunteer army, nobody forces them to join.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    There is nosubjective
                    If morality is indeed part of the evolutionary model (and I increasingly think so), then it does indeed have an objective target: the same one evolution itself has. Evolution always moves a species to better adaptation to its environmental niche. That is an objective target, albeit not an absolute one (since it is always changing). Since everything else about us is associated with evolution, I don't see how one can avoid morality also being part of the evolutionary process. However, I have to admit I have not given that a great deal of thought.
                    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

And, being an entirely volunteer army, nobody forces them to join.
                      I didn't say anything about the Army.

Comment

I didn't say anything about the Army.
                        It's an analogy... the "Christian army", you know...

(sing it with me, kids)

I may never march in the infantry
                        ride in the Cavalry
                        Shoot the artillery
                        I may never ZOOOoooom o're the enemy
                        But I'm in the Lord's Army!

Nobody forces (now that draft is over) people to join the US army, OR the "CHRISTIAN ARMY".

(it's not nearly as much fun when you have to 'splain it)

Comment

It's an analogy... the "Christian army", you know...

(sing it with me, kids)

I may never march in the infantry
                          ride in the Cavalry
                          Shoot the artillery
                          I may never ZOOOoooom o're the enemy
                          But I'm in the Lord's Army!

Nobody forces (now that draft is over) people to join the US army, OR the "CHRISTIAN ARMY".

(it's not nearly as much fun when you have to 'splain it)
                          I get it now!

Comment

I get it now!

Comment

So how do you explain that fact that the Church ignored the edicts for more than the first 300 years of its existence? and the records showing that God didn't pay a whole lot of attention to those edicts in either the Old Testament or the New?
                              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                              Scripture before Tradition:
                              but that won't prevent others from
                              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Being a Christian has more long term perks than the boring old national armies! And the Commander is also infinitely cooler! The authority figure above all authority figures!
                                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment