Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Christian supporters are unchristian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Actually it is in the bible, but I wasn't referencing the bible per se, I was just explaining to you that your suggestion that I might be terrified of god is silly, that only believers fear god, and that that fear was the intent of the creators of gods, all gods, including the vengeful one that you believe exists. But yes, it is in the bible, not to mention it's just common sense.
    Might want to invest in a dictionary because the biblical definition of fear is reverence. Like I said, why do I care about the opinion of my religiously from the profound ignorant that have no clue what my religion teaches?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Well, I guess you do have reading comprehension problems then. The bible doesn't say it lilpix, that would be silly, I said it.

Accusing someone of having reading comprehension problems when you made this comment earlier:

Yeah Charles, only christians get to decide for the rest of us what is right and what is wrong behavior.
      is the height of irony.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Not once you call me a liar. Once you do that, the burden of proof is on you. Shall i call in the mods to explain the policy to you?

Jim
        Neither of you should be continuing to dispute the accusation here.
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
          Not once you call me a liar. Once you do that, the burden of proof is on you. Shall i call in the mods to explain the policy to you?
          And how am I supposed to prove I haven't done something, you idiot? You falsely accused me of defending Trump's immorality. The burden here is yours.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            And how am I supposed to prove I haven't done something, you idiot? You falsely accused me of defending Trump's immorality. The burden here is yours.
            I already gave a list of immoral things trump did that you defended.

Jim
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-24-2018, 05:44 PM.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              I already gave a list of immoral things trump did that you defended.

Jim
              No, you begged the question, as I pointed out earlier.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas, Jim.

Comment

I haven't finished with the Barna book on Gen Z but it sounds like BGC are reaching similar results
                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  I suspect that he and you are working with rather different understandings of "immorality."
                  I think the The Golden Rule, as quoted by Jesus but generally accepted in many religions and cultures by both atheists and believers, can be regarded as a common standard of "morality". A standard to which Trump does not appear to give much credence with his "me first" approach to morality.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    I think the The Golden Rule, as quoted by Jesus but generally accepted in many religions and cultures by both atheists and believers, can be regarded as a common standard of "morality". A standard to which Trump does not appear to give much credence with his "me first" approach to morality.
                    I can think of precious few well-known people, politicians especially, who give evidence of operating under the Golden Rule. (And I do believe it is the best summary of good "Biblical" morality.)

I am coming to believe that all infidels and many "Christians" have as a goal the total elimination of Christians from the voting ranks. They would have us vote only for "good Christians" -- Those who adhere to orthodox beliefs and are conspicuously "moral." Such politicians are slightly less common than winged unicorns.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      I can think of precious few well-known people, politicians especially, who give evidence of operating under the Golden Rule.
                      (And I do believe it is the best summary of good "Biblical" morality.)
                      I am coming to believe that all infidels and many "Christians" have as a goal the total elimination of Christians from the voting ranks. They would have us vote only for "good Christians" -- Those who adhere to orthodox beliefs and are conspicuously "moral." Such politicians are slightly less common than winged unicorns.
                      ALL

Comment

My point in emphasizing "Biblical" is that as a Christian, I have no reason to care what infidels consider to be "moral."
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                          My point in emphasizing "Biblical" is that as a Christian, I have no reason to care what infidels consider to be "moral."
                          As a citizen of a secular, multicultural society you have a duty to care what the majority of the populace considers to be "moral".

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]34017[/ATTACH]

Gotta love it when non-Christians tell Christians how they're supposed to act.
                            When non-Christians do that, then Christians need to listen. God is as well able to speak to those who call themselves his followers through those who are not, as through those who are.

If someone like Richard Dawkins makes a truthful and fair criticism of Christianity, it deserves to be taken seriously. Who the messenger may be, is less important than the message. Maybe he is seeing something objectionable about Christianity to which, for whatever reasons, Christians are blind. Christians do not reason that agnostics and other non-Christians are always wrong about everything; so why should agnostics & others not be correct in the criticisms they make of Christian behaviour ? But if they are correct, or could be, then surely they should be heeded.

Comment

Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
                              If someone like Richard Dawkins makes a truthful and fair criticism of Christianity, it deserves to be taken seriously.
                              Fair point. After all, the Bible does tell the story of God speaking through an ass to the prophet Balam.

On a more serious note, I'm not convinced that unbelievers have a valid criticism when they self-righteously and hypocritically condemn us for voting for or otherwise supporting one politician or another, and I have yet to see a single scriptural reference that would preclude any of us from voting for someone like Trump. As in most matters when unbelievers attempt to judge is, their criticism is ignorantly grounded on how they want Christians to behave rather than on what the Bible actually says.

Comment

Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
                                When non-Christians do that, then Christians need to listen. God is as well able to speak to those who call themselves his followers through those who are not, as through those who are.

If someone like Richard Dawkins makes a truthful and fair criticism of Christianity, it deserves to be taken seriously. Who the messenger may be, is less important than the message. Maybe he is seeing something objectionable about Christianity to which, for whatever reasons, Christians are blind. Christians do not reason that agnostics and other non-Christians are always wrong about everything; so why should agnostics & others not be correct in the criticisms they make of Christian behaviour ? But if they are correct, or could be, then surely they should be heeded.
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment