Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Christian supporters are unchristian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    The only terrifying thing is the fact one as ignorant as yourself is allowed to vote
    I never suggested that the bible said that lilpix, that would be ridiculous. Apparently you have reading comprehension problems as well.

Who said you did. What are you losing it completely, or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Liar. I've never defended Trump's immorality.
      Did you or did you not defend him separating and holding (and in some cases losing who their parents were) children of immigrants seeking asylum?

Did you or did you not defend his public mockery of Christine Blaise Ford?

Have you or have you not continually defended his support of butchers and strongmen - specifically his comments supporting them?

Have you or have you not defended him in his continued evasion of the rule of law?

Have you or have you not defended him as he abused Jeff Sessions?

Have you or have you not defended him in his attacks on the press?

I could go on and on.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Unless he can present scripture to backup his "Christians shouldn't support Trump in any way, shape, or form" claims then I don't give a pair of fetid dingos kidneys about his own self-serving definition of "morality".
        Please link to two posts that have raised a character issue about Donald Trump where you have not either mocked the post, lambasted the poster, or defended trump in some way. In other words, please find two posts or yours responding to a post or event where Trump has acted in a bad way, been called on it, and you have simply agreed Trump acted in a bad way and he should not have done that.

I would wager there are not two posts here of yours that stand against Donald Trump's immorality. Where you have not sided one way or another with Donald Trump in his immoral action or policy.

Please prove me wrong.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          I never suggested that the bible said that lilpix, that would be ridiculous. Apparently you have reading comprehension problems as well.
          Your words:

It's only believers that are terrified of a god, lilpix. That was its creators original plan!
          Who said you did. What are you losing it completely, or what?
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Well, I guess you do have reading comprehension problems then. The bible doesn't say it lilpix, that would be silly, I said it.

Comment

Well, I guess you do have reading comprehension problems then. The bible doesn't say it lilpix, that would be silly, I said it.
              So where did you get the idea that believers are terrified of God when the Bible says the opposite? Did you make it up?
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                Did you or did you not defend him separating and holding (and in some cases losing who their parents were) children of immigrants seeking asylum?

Did you or did you not defend his public mockery of Christine Blaise Ford?

Have you or have you not continually defended his support of butchers and strongmen - specifically his comments supporting them?

Have you or have you not defended him in his continued evasion of the rule of law?

Have you or have you not defended him as he abused Jeff Sessions?

Have you or have you not defended him in his attacks on the press?

I could go on and on.
                You could go on, yes, but not without continuing to beg the question that, first of all, your characterization of all these incidents is accurate and truthful, and, secondly, that Trump necessarily acted immorally in every one of these cases. Not to mention the fact that your questions all have a distinct odor of "Have you beaten your children lately?" to them. Or did you think I wouldn't notice?
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                  Please link to two posts that have raised a character issue about Donald Trump where you have not either mocked the post, lambasted the poster, or defended trump in some way. In other words, please find two posts or yours responding to a post or event where Trump has acted in a bad way, been called on it, and you have simply agreed Trump acted in a bad way and he should not have done that.

I would wager there are not two posts here of yours that stand against Donald Trump's immorality. Where you have not sided one way or another with Donald Trump in his immoral action or policy.

Please prove me wrong.
                  Your accusation. Your burden of proof.

Comment

Your accusation. Your burden of proof.
                    Actually - no. You accused me of lying when I said you have defended Trump in his immorality. That means YOU must produce a post where you have NOT defended him in his immorality. Otherwise you have violated forum policy. In fact, that you did not produce evidence I was lying in the post you accused me of lying means you are already in violation of forum policy.

But if there are two, you'll have gotten lucky, which more than makes my point.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                      I said you have defended Trump in his immorality.
                      Right. Your accusation. Your burden of proof.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        So where did you get the idea that believers are terrified of God when the Bible says the opposite? Did you make it up?
                        Actually it is in the bible, but I wasn't referencing the bible per se, I was just explaining to you that your suggestion that I might be terrified of god is silly, that only believers fear god, and that that fear was the intent of the creators of gods, all gods, including the vengeful one that you believe exists. But yes, it is in the bible, not to mention it's just common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                          Actually it is in the bible, but I wasn't referencing the bible per se, I was just explaining to you that your suggestion that I might be terrified of god is silly, that only believers fear god, and that that fear was the intent of the creators of gods, all gods, including the vengeful one that you believe exists. But yes, it is in the bible, not to mention it's just common sense.
                          I think you're right to say that atheists don't fear God because they try very, very hard to convince themselves that he doesn't exist, and why would you be afraid of something nonexistent? Which leads to the second point that what atheists really fear is the possibility that he does exist.
                          Last edited by Mountain Man; 12-24-2018, 01:35 PM.

Comment

why don't you give us the verse you are talking about that says we are afraid of God in the modern day sense of the word

Comment

Your ignorance of scripture is truly amazing.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Right. Your accusation. Your burden of proof.
                                Not once you call me a liar. Once you do that, the burden of proof is on you. Shall i call in the mods to explain the policy to you?

Jim
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-24-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment