Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Shutdown Over Border Security?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Indeed, the Trump administration has reportedly closed or blocked the legal ports of entry, in order to illegal prevent people from requesting asylum. Trump should follow the immigration laws as written and not illegally prevent those asylum seekers applying for asylum.
    There have been a few temporary closings at San Ysidro to get the entrance area under control as groups from the caravan try to storm through, but not to prevent people from requesting asylum. Even the Mexican authorities have said the caravan gets out of control periodically.

Bill's complaint appears to be basically that some of us don't agree with him about the different extents to which different existing laws should be enforced.
    Wrong. It's that DACA has nothing to do with the wall, so acting like bribing the President with wall funding to allow a large group of illegals to break immigration law unpunished is some grand gesture on the part of the Dems is utter crap.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      As usual Trump is playing to his racist base in keeping asylum-seekers out...all under the guise of their not following due process, whilst at the same time making "due-process" impossibly hard to observe.
      And idiots like you continue to try to label whore those who actually want immigration laws enforced. Due process isn't hard. Thousands do it every day. We had 1.16 Million new LEGAL immigrants in 2016, so it can't be but so hard. That's 1/3 the entire population of New Zealand that became legal immigrants in 1 year.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        And you libtards are only known for your "compassion" for future voters. Just like the pimps you are.
        It would not occur to you that anyone could actually have compassion for strangers and look at other human beings as a ends in themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          It would not occur to you that anyone could actually have compassion for strangers and look at other human beings as a ends in themselves?
          Certainly, but compassion should not include tacit compliance with lawbreaking.
          That's what
          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            When, e.g., homelessness tends to become a hot-button issue when Republicans are in power, but minimized when Democrats are in power, evidence shows that compassion is not in view.
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Well, I guess I picked the right department of the government to work in--the VA's funding isn't affected by the shutdown at all thanks to it having already been set for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                Certainly, but compassion should not include tacit compliance with lawbreaking.
                Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Comment

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
                  Sure. What does it mean to "love thy neighbour as thyself"?

We are commanded by the Scriptures to obey the government except in matters where doing so would cause us to sin. If we help an illegal alien break the law, we are helping them to sin. We could give them the world, but at the cost of them losing their soul - which is the antithesis of loving them.
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Sure. What does it mean to "love thy neighbour as thyself"?

We are commanded by the Scriptures to obey the government except in matters where doing so would cause us to sin. If we help an illegal alien break the law, we are helping them to sin. We could give them the world, but at the cost of them losing their soul - which is the antithesis of loving them.
                    And who is asking you to help immigrants to break the law?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      And who is asking you to help immigrants to break the law?
                      Try to follow the conversation, Jim.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Try to follow the conversation, Jim.
                        So, who is asking you to help immigrants to break the law?

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                          No, illeal is not a word I'm familiar with.
                          I wasn't either - I am now.
                          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

You have no idea what that is even talking about...
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              I wasn't either - I am now.
                              That reply was typed on my phone. I missed a character. Sue me.
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                So, who is asking you to help immigrants to break the law?
                                Your Democrat overlords who push for things like DACA and sanctuary cities.
                                That's what
                                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment