Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

new report on Russian meddling ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    I agree. I would not rule out the possibility that he is misunderstanding on purpose, though.
    I try hard to stay away from motivations That he doesn't understand the argument (or how the argument has validity) is clear. That he isn't making any efforts to understand it is also clear. Beyond that is speculation.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      That he doesn't understand the argument (or how the argument has validity) is clear. That he isn't making any efforts to understand it is also clear.
      Just because I poked a hole in your argument big enough to sail a supertanker through doesn't mean I don't understand it.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Which only means that there is no way to know witha any certainty what effect the Russian interference had on people, or how or why people voted the way they did. But we do know the intent, i.e. to get your guy elected. The Russian's themselves were pretty convinced that their tactics were what ultimately got their/your guy elected.
        IE, you believe based on blind faith.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Just because I poked a hole in your argument big enough to sail a supertanker through doesn't mean I don't understand it.
          That is not an argument. That is a joke.

So this is must be the supertanker you're thinking about

supertanker.jpg

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            It took a whole Google search to find:

Putin ran for reelection in March 2012.

Source: The Guardian

Vladimir Putin has accused Hillary Clinton, the US secretary of state, of fomenting an increasingly vociferous opposition movement in Russia, threatening to derail the two countries' fragile resetting of relations.

The accusation builds on months of Russian statements and media coverage blaming popular uprisings around the Arab world on western scheming. It comes as Washington and Moscow tussle over a host of disagreements, from missile defence to Syria.

Speaking to supporters on Thursday, Putin accused Clinton of giving "the signal" to opposition leaders, who are expected to gather with tens of thousands of supporters for a protest on Saturday. He rejected Clinton's repeated criticism of a parliamentary vote last weekend that gave Putin's United Russia party nearly 50% of the vote amid widespread reports of fraud.

"[Opposition leaders] heard the signal and with the support of the US state department began active work," Putin said during a meeting of the All-Russia People's Front, a new political movement set up to support his presidential candidacy in a 4 March election.

"We are all grownups here. We all understand the organisers are acting according to a well-known scenario and in their own mercenary political interests," he said.

Clinton raised the issue of Russia's elections again on Thursday during a visit to Brussels. "Human rights is part of who we are," she said, after Putin's comments emerged. "And we expressed concerns that we thought were well founded about the conduct of the elections.

"We are supportive of the rights and aspirations of the Russian people to be able to make progress and realise a better future for themselves."

© Copyright Original Source

WaPo
            Politico
            Guardian
            NBC
            Yes, I believe most everyone is aware of Clinton's condemnation of the fraudulent nature of Putin's win in the Russian election, but that is not, as you suggested, interfering with the election itself as the Russians did in aiding the Trump win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Whaaaaa? The US interfered in a Russian election? Say it isn't so!
              It isn't so.

Comment

Yes, I believe most everyone is aware of Clinton's condemnation of the fraudulent nature of Putin's win in the Russian election, but that is not, as you suggested, interfering with the election itself as the Russians did in aiding the Trump win.
                Nate Silver begs to differ.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                  So this is must be the supertanker you're thinking about

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33937[/ATTACH]
                  So you agree that I poked a hole in your argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    So you agree that I poked a hole in your argument.
                    No - I believe you made a joke and called it an argument, so I made a joke about the fictional supertanker.

You a little slow these days? Too much holiday food?

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                      I believe you made a joke and called it an argument...
                      And some people believe the earth is flat.

Comment

If you bothered to read more carefully, you'd notice that Clinton's condemnations began months before Putin's win.
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          If you bothered to read more carefully, you'd notice that Clinton's condemnations began months before Putin's win.
                          Equating what one person said, i.e. Clinton, in speaking out about the corruptness of the so called democratic Russian elections, with the interference war the Russians perpetrated on the U.S is ridiculous. This is the problem with you Trump supporters, you'll even defend Russia over an American Secretary of state pointing out the corruption in their electoral process.

Comment

Equating what one person said, i.e. Clinton, in speaking out about the corruptness of the so called democratic Russian elections, with the interference war the Russians perpetrated on the U.S is ridiculous. This is the problem with you Trump supporters, you'll even defend Russia over an American Secretary of state pointing out the corruption in their electoral process.
                            They were explaining why Putin hates Clinton so much. Keep up Jimmy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              They were explaining why Putin hates Clinton so much. Keep up Jimmy.
                              I know, but your missing the point in the dispute between me and OBP. Stay focused, Sparko.

Comment

I know, but your missing the point in the dispute between me and OBP. Stay focused, Sparko.
                                And you handwaved away all of the news sources that prove him right and Putin was accusing Clinton of meddling with their election and fomenting uprisings.

Comment