Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

President George H.W. Bush dead at 94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I think that Trump would have to do something like an executive order for that to happen, which would be a magnanimous gesture on his part. TBH, I'm not certain Trump can be magnanimous.
    Trump extended every courtesy he could to the McCain family despite their petty and vindictive treatment of him.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Trump extended every courtesy he could to the McCain family despite their petty and vindictive treatment of him.
      Could you give some examples?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
        It was reported (but not by the liberal media, of course) that Trump ordered his staff to accommodate the McCain family in every way possible, regardless of logistics or expense. I can't remember where it was reported, though.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          One example from those far right extremist folks at Snopes.Com

rating-true.png

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            One example from those far right extremist folks at Snopes.Com

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33511[/ATTACH]
            Oh whoopi, wasn't that nice of Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              It was reported (but not by the liberal media, of course) that Trump ordered his staff to accommodate the McCain family in every way possible, regardless of logistics or expense. I can't remember where it was reported, though.
              In other words, no, you can't give any examples. Surely you can dig something up at Breitbart, no?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Oh whoopi
                Thanks, Peewee.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

In other words, no, you can't give any examples. Surely you can dig something up at Breitbart, no?
                  You've got no room to talk here, Jim. ...and, as demonstrated directly above, you wouldn't pay any attention to a source anyhow. I'd chalk it up to chutzpah, but I'm leaning increasingly toward "terminally self-unaware."
                  Last edited by One Bad Pig; 12-04-2018, 08:21 AM.
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    You've got no room to talk here, Jim. ...and, as demonstrated directly above, you wouldn't pay any attention to a source anyhow. I'd chalk it up to chutzpah, but I'm leaning increasingly toward "terminally self-unaware."
                    Yeah, actually I do, OBP. I can cite sources, and do, when I feel it's worth my while. MM's answer in this case is that he can't.

Comment

Yeah, actually I do, OBP. I can cite sources, and do, when I feel it's worth my while. MM's answer in this case is that he can't.
                      Which is why he initially said "I can't remember where it was reported, though."
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        Which is why he initially said "I can't remember where it was reported, though."
                        Right, he can't!

Comment

Yeah, actually I do, OBP. I can cite sources, and do, when I feel it's worth my while.
                          ...which is an even rare than hens' teeth. Given that you know full well that we're not going to take your unsupported statements at face value, one wonders why you bother to post.
                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

...which is an even rare than hens' teeth. Given that you know full well that we're not going to take your unsupported statements at face value, one wonders why you bother to post.
                            And I posted an example that even Snopes reported was surprising to the detractors, but Peewee laughed it off.

Comment

I learned long ago that no one and nothing, including cited sources, actual facts, are going to change the fixed minds of you right wing conservative christians. That's why you are right wing conservative christians.

Comment

I learned long ago that no one and nothing, including cited sources, actual facts, are going to change the fixed minds of you right wing conservative christians. That's why you are right wing conservative christians.

irony.jpg

Comment