Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

President George H.W. Bush dead at 94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Certainly does put your hero, Trump, who has yet to even visit the troops, to shame.
    Trump sure does live rent free in your head doesn't he? Tell me do you wake up every day with your first action being to shake your fist in impotent rage toward the ceiling while snarling "TRUMP"?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]33456[/ATTACH]
      00000000000000ab00.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Because I hate the crooked, draft dodging, treasonous, lying, con man, wannabe tyrant. Besides, I'm honoring G.H.W. Bush by distinguishing him from your hero, the autocratic traitor D.J.Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Trump sure does live rent free in your head doesn't he? Tell me do you wake up every day with your first action being to shake your fist in impotent rage toward the ceiling while snarling "TRUMP"?
          No, mostly I wake up every morning wondering how it is conservatives like yourself can be so blindly ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Because I hate the crooked, draft dodging, treasonous, lying, con man, wannabe tyrant. Besides, I'm honoring G.H.W. Bush by distinguishing him from your hero, the autocratic traitor D.J.Trump.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Apparently Bush made a point of saying that he wanted Trump at his funeral.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Apparently Bush made a point of saying that he wanted Trump at his funeral.
                Though he clearly disagreed with him or did not like his way of doing things:

Former US Republican President George Bush Sr has confirmed he voted for Democrat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election, labelling Donald Trump a "blowhard".

His son, George W Bush, said he worries that "I will be the last Republican president", even though President Trump is a Republican.

"This guy doesn't know what it means to be president," the younger man said.
                "I don't like him. I don't know much about him, but I know he's a blowhard. And I'm not too excited about him being a leader," said George Bush Sr, who was president between 1989 and 1993.
                https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41871958

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post

So?

Comment

So?
                    So?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post

Just goes to show how gracious a person he was unlike a certain petty, churlish and spiteful recently deceased Senator

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Just goes to show how gracious a person he was unlike a certain petty, churlish and spiteful recently deceased Senator

Comment

Can't say I knew much about him, but he seemed a decent sort.

Comment

The MSM, to absolutely no surprise, peppered his obituaries with pot shots and fake news. For instance, the New York Times included the debunked myth about how, while running against Bill Clinton for re-election, he stared in bafflement at a grocery store price scanner during a stop at the National Grocers Association in Orlando, Florida which was used to portray him as being an out of touch elitist[1].

The problem with the story is that it was concocted by someone, Andrew Rosenthal, who wasn't even present. He just took a photo taken at the event and fabricated his own account about what took place, and of course nearly all of the MSM gleefully and uncritically repeated it and continued to do so for years to come.

Years later, the reliably liberal Snopes fact checked the account and rated it "False"
                            NewsweekTime

Wikipedia also notes it was fake news stating that

The MSM was also quick to bring up the Willie Horton ad and dutifully repeat the myths that surrounded it as being true.

Willie Horton, a convicted murderer who stabbed a gas station worker to death during a robbery (and serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole), was given furlough from a Massachusetts prison and proceeded to violently attack a couple, including raping the woman, while he was out. Michael Dukakis, then governor of Massachusetts, was a big supporter of such furloughs and was Bush's opponent in the 1988 presidential campaign.

The liberal media accused Bush of injecting racism into the race by bringing it up. But he didn't.

First, it was Al Gore who initially brought it up during a debate in his primary campaign against Dukakis, so if it was racist to mention it then Gore is a racist. But then Gore never brought up Horton's race -- and neither did Bush. The "Willie Horton ad" that used a mug shot of Horton, thus revealing his race, was run by a third party completely independent from the Bush campaign. The ad that was run by the Bush campaign never used the image and never said or even implied that Horton was black.

Of course the MSM never cared about this and claimed that Bush ran the ad showing Horton's mugshot and continues to push that lie even while discussing his passing.

For instance, on This Week, ABC political analyst Matthew Dowd declared that "[Bush is] the one who did the Willie Horton ad" as the reason that he shouldn't be "canonize[d]." Likewise, NBC contributor Heather McGhee while on Meet the Press also blamed Bush for the ad proclaiming that it "was the most famous dog whistle ad until this cycle."

And finally there is Slate magazine, where the headline says it all: "New York Times and Washington Post Obituaries for George H.W. Bush Leave Out Groping Allegations."

facepalm3.gif Wow.

Last edited by rogue06; 12-03-2018, 09:38 AM. Reason: added "taken at the event" for clarity

Comment

It's pretty shameless to smear someone's character with lies after they are dead.

Comment

It's pretty shameless to smear someone's character with lies after they are dead.
                                Yes, and I'm sure you have never stooped so low as to do that to dead democrats.

Comment