Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Democrats Don't Know What to Make of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    This is something the Democrats have historically, IMOHBAO, done MUCH better than Republicans.
    Yep. Just like they tend to be better at getting everyone on-board to vote in favor of something when they have a narrow majority.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Yep. Just like they tend to be better at getting everyone on-board to vote in favor of something when they have a narrow majority.
      It's one of the things that makes me so mad at the Republican Party.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This is something the Democrats have historically, IMOHBAO, done MUCH better than Republicans.
        I called it back in post #2

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I think the older democrats will muzzle her pretty soon. Or she will find herself without any support or votes. She doesn't know how the game is played yet.

Comment

It's one of the things that makes me so mad at the Republican Party.
          Yeah they talk a big game but when it comes down to the wire, they never agree long enough to do anything. They sat on their butts and did nothing about healthcare after years of complaining. And they had two years to do the border wall and did nothing and now congress is holding the country hostage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Exasperated Democrats try to rein in Ocasio-Cortezhttps://www.politico.com/story/2019/...isment-1093728
            Wrt the bolded part virtually every candidate she endorsed in 2018 lost with very few even making it past the primaries.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah they talk a big game but when it comes down to the wire, they never agree long enough to do anything. They sat on their butts and did nothing about healthcare after years of complaining. And they had two years to do the border wall and did nothing and now congress is holding the country hostage.
              I don't get solicitations for donations to the RNC anymore, but when I did, I would write, in large red magic marker "GROW A SPINE" and send the envelope back at their expense with zero contribution.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the voice of an ignorant generation

Maybe somebody should start a thread on "what is socilaism"!

Comment

• She is hot, I don't care if she is dumb...

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

You also had a certain recently deceased Senator who claimed he was 100% against the tragedy that was Obamacare but when push finally came to shove decided that his personal, spiteful animosity toward Trump counted for far more than his love for his country.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Wrt the bolded part virtually every candidate she endorsed in 2018 lost with very few even making it past the primaries.
                      On the other hand, the majority of candidates endorsed by Trump won, and most of the ones who told him to stay away ended up losing.
                      Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-14-2019, 02:39 PM.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                        She is hot, I don't care if she is dumb...

Funny thing about that video, the liberal media tried to gin up controversy, breathlessly reporting how conservatives were outraged by the video but found few if any examples of outraged conservatives to include in their stories.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...dancing-video/
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Funny thing about that video, the liberal media tried to gin up controversy, breathlessly reporting how conservatives were outraged by the video but found few if any examples of outraged conservatives to include in their stories.

I don't now any conservative men who would have a problem with it!
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Jason Le Miere at Newsweek, the once relevant but now floundering weekly news magazine, tried to create a controversy by claiming that conservatives were somehow outraged over the video but in reality many conservatives were actually defending it and asking what all the hubbub was over. The answer of course was just more "fake news" since the only critic anyone could find was some really obscure Twitter account that has since vanished. This was of coursed picked up and repeated by the media like CNN and ABC pundit Ana Navarro who called the non-existent conservative negative reaction "stupid" and Bill Press who indignantly fumed how Republicans were making a "big deal" of it without citing a single example.

But what do you expect from a rag that rivals CNN for fabricating fake news (like the stories that Poland's First Lady refused to shake Trump's hand when they met or that Trump screwed up coloring an American flag while visiting a children's hospital)?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Jason Le Miere at Newsweek, the once relevant but now floundering weekly news magazine, tried to create a controversy by claiming that conservatives were somehow outraged over the video but in reality many conservatives were actually defending it and asking what all the hubbub was over. The answer of course was just more "fake news" since the only critic anyone could find was some really obscure Twitter account that has since vanished. This was of coursed picked up and repeated by the media like CNN and ABC pundit Ana Navarro who called the non-existent conservative negative reaction "stupid" and Bill Press who indignantly fumed how Republicans were making a "big deal" of it without citing a single example.

But what do you expect from a rag that rivals CNN for fabricating fake news (like the stories that Poland's First Lady refused to shake Trump's hand when they met or that Trump screwed up coloring an American flag while visiting a children's hospital)?
                              I think leftist nancy boys would have more of a problem with her feminine wiles...

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                                I think leftist nancy boys would have more of a problem with her feminine wiles...
                                You and need to roll your tongues back into your mouths before your respective missus brain you with a frying pan.

Comment