Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

House Democrats Don't Know What to Make of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    She is blinded by her own perceived celebrity and is incredibly short-sighted.

This is another situation in which the question "what is the object of this exercise" would be valuable. Is the object of the exercise to hear her cheering fans praise her, or is it to actually get something accomplished? Obviously, the former.

She is a classic example of sacrificing the ultimate on the altar of the immediate.
    A year ago she was tending bar, so she's already accomplished quite a bit. But yeah, if she had an (R) by her name, she'd be providing no end of grist for SNL, et al.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      A year ago she was tending bar, so she's already accomplished quite a bit. But yeah, if she had an (R) by her name, she'd be providing no end of grist for SNL, et al.
      It's interesting that she has her Democrat buddies in a real quandary --- they can't criticize her because that's the way their party is moving, but she's revealing all their dirty little secrets.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's interesting that she has her Democrat buddies in a real quandary --- they can't criticize her because that's the way their party is moving, but she's revealing all their dirty little secrets.
        She's saying openly what Democrats have for years said in private.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          She's saying openly what Democrats have for years said in private.
          EGGzackly -- and as the Democrats move farther to the left, it's harder for any remaining moderates to speak out.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

EGGzackly -- and as the Democrats move farther to the left, it's harder for any remaining moderates to speak out.
            Yeah, I guess thats why you got smoked in the mid terms.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Yeah, I guess thats why you got smoked in the mid terms.
              I didn't get smoked in the midterms, Jimmy - put down whatever it is you're smoking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                She said the world will end in 12 years due to global warming so I guess we don't need to spend all that money on free health care and college, right?
                12 years, 50 years, 2 billion years... the important thing isn't being "precisely, factually, and semantically correct" but rather "morally right."

Comment

I didn't get smoked in the midterms, Jimmy - put down whatever it is you're smoking.
                  Yes I know, denial is apparently a characteristic of conservative twebbers. You're going to get to deny that you got smoked again in 2020 as well.

Comment

Yes I know, denial is apparently a characteristic of conservative twebbers. You're going to get to deny that you got smoked again in 2020 as well.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Unlike you, I'm not beholden or controlled by one of the major political parties, but do fee free to spew forth your endless supply of ignorance.

Comment

Unlike you, I'm not beholden or controlled by one of the major political parties, but do fee free to spew forth your endless supply of ignorance.
                        Like I said, denial is obviously a characteristic of yours.

Comment

Like I said, denial is obviously a characteristic of yours.
                          Well, everybody knows you're not the sharpest crayola in the tool shed, so.....

Comment

Well, everybody knows you're not the sharpest crayola in the tool shed, so.....
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• No, the Poker of Cows is having a bit of fun at Jim's expense.
                              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                No, the Poker of Cows is having a bit of fun at Jim's expense.
                                Perhaps Pix is, as well.... that was JimL's original blunder.

Comment