Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Acosta's white house pass removed ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Notice where I said "the shifted frames"? I said that it appeared that the frames were offset. I assumed at the time that the person making the side by side video did it but I said I would take another look at my comparison on Monday and see if that was the case since I didn't notice it. Which I did, which you kept questioning on Friday as if I would not tell the truth and in which kept leaving out the part about the shifted frames and claiming I said there was no difference, implying I was being dishonest. Heck you just did the very same thing in your post today, leaving out the parts of my post that didn't fit with your dishonest narrative. You have no integrity or honor Charles.

I am done arguing this with you Charles. You have shown your own dishonesty in this thread for all to see. There is nothing more to be said.
    I never said you were dishonest. You were too quick to conclude that the video had not been edited and that the error was in the side by side video. I don't think it is fair for you to suggest I owe you an apology for a claim I did not make.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
      I never said you were dishonest. You were too quick to conclude that the video had not been edited and that the error was in the side by side video. I don't think it is fair for you to suggest I owe you an apology for a claim I did not make.
      You implied it over and over as I showed above. All the while you were being the one who is dishonest. I hope you are proud of yourself.

Comment

You implied it over and over as I showed above. All the while you were being the one who is dishonest. I hope you are proud of yourself.
        Charles is one of the most accomplished trolls I've ever encountered. He's quite good at implying something while pretending otherwise.
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Charles is one of the most accomplished trolls I've ever encountered. He's quite good at implying something while pretending otherwise.
          I figured he would respond as such, I just wanted to give him a chance to prove me wrong. At least now maybe others like Ox will see him for who he is.

Comment

Won't go anywhere. You cannot sue the US Government or the President without permission. And the White House has the right to determine who they allow in the press pool, there are only so many seats available. And Obama already set a precedent by banning Fox.

I think this could end up with Trump banning CNN completely.
            Even if they could legally sue the government, this case is without merit. Like it or not, access to the White House press pool is a privilege and not a right, and since CNN is free to continue publishing whatever lies it wants, there is no violation of the First Amendment.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Sparko this is getting a litte too much. Here is what you wrote back then:

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              In my version, they lined up perfectly as far as I could tell. I didn't notice any missing frame but I wasn't looking that close - I was looking for signs of tampering with the actual video like in special effects. I will open it back up and check again on Monday when I get back to my computer system.

But if there is a missing frame it is because of the frame rate difference in the two videos as I mention above. Not because of "doctoring"
              What I pointed to was of course that you pointed out even before giving it a second look that: "But if there is a missing frame it is because of the frame rate difference in the two videos as I mention above. Not because of "doctoring"" That is what we call concluding beforehand. That is not what an expert does. I never claimed it was dishonest but I pointed out it was not an expert thing to do. So, once again, I never did claim you were dishonest. Why the need to ask me for all kinds of excuses for things I never did say? I took you by your word but it seems you don't want to be held accountable or admit you were wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                ...you grow the cojones to accept reality without trying to force concessions from others.
                Cheney to Leahy.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Celebrated (and overrated?) journalist Bob Woodward says that today's media is emotionally unhinged, and that CNN's response to Accost-her losing his credentials should not be a lawsuit but simply better reporting.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4...ious-reporting

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Celebrated (and overrated?) journalist Bob Woodward says that today's media is emotionally unhinged, and that CNN's response to Accost-her losing his credentials should not be a lawsuit but simply better reporting.

Better reporting about what Trump is actually doing:

And again:

Comment

• Like I said, better reporting, which would naturally include an unbiased assessment of the Trump administration and not simply one negative hit-piece after another.

Although you make an interesting point, that Woodward is, perhaps, calling for even more negative bias instead of even handedness. I hadn't considered that interpretation.
                      Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-14-2018, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Celebrated (and overrated?) journalist Bob Woodward says that today's media is emotionally unhinged, and that CNN's response to Accost-her losing his credentials should not be a lawsuit but simply better reporting.

He says:

Perhaps he is thinking about the reporting on Breitbart ():

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                          Perhaps he is thinking about the reporting on Breitbart ():
                          Considering that he's comnenting specifically about the CNN lawsuit, it's most likely that he was thinking of CNN.

Comment

Like I said, better reporting, which would naturally include an unbiased assessment of the Trump administration and not simply one negative hit-piece after another.

Although you make an interesting point, and that Woodward is, in fact, calling for even more negative bias instead of even handedness. I hadn't considered that interpretation.
                            So his point seems to be that following the facts is the remedy. I completely agree.
                            Last edited by Charles; 11-14-2018, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              Sparko this is getting a litte too much. Here is what you wrote back then:

What I pointed to was of course that you pointed out even before giving it a second look that: "But if there is a missing frame it is because of the frame rate difference in the two videos as I mention above. Not because of "doctoring"" That is what we call concluding beforehand. That is not what an expert does. I never claimed it was dishonest but I pointed out it was not an expert thing to do. So, once again, I never did claim you were dishonest. Why the need to ask me for all kinds of excuses for things I never did say? I took you by your word but it seems you don't want to be held accountable or admit you were wrong.
                              Chuck, your weaseling is noted.

And there were no missing frames. Just one that was duplicated twice. Several of the news sources were claiming that the infowars guy deleted a frame or two to make it look like Acosta's hand moved faster than it did. But that was not the case at all. There were no missing frames. Just a duplicated one. And as I mentioned in my analysis, I found the original C-span video and it had the same frame rate as the infowars one. The copy I previously downloaded from youtube was at 24 fps which is why I theorized the frame rate conversion could have caused glitches. To try to be as accurate as possible, I went and found the original source. And I admitted that in my analysis.

I have been doing video editing professionally for over 15 years now. You questioning my expertise is as bad as your questioning my integrity. Not that you have any expertise on the technology at all.

So weasel away Chuck. You have shown your true colors once again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                                I rather think his point is that if you follow the facts and not the emotions it will have higher credibility and be more trustworthy and thus more effective.
                                Like I said, better reporting, which would naturally include an unbiased assessment of the Trump administration and not simply one negative hit-piece after another.

It seems like you actually agree with me but are desperately trying to give the appearance that you disagree.

Comment