Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Election: What Is Your Take...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faber View Post
    Unfortunately our Republican senate candidate is pro-abortion, pro-homosexual marriage and running smear campaigns against his opponent (who is a scumbag). I'll hold my breath and vote for him because of his party. If it weren't a close election, wouldn't bother.
    Smear campaigns... are those the 'attack ads' I sometimes see my American relatives link on Facebook? Sort of weird propaganda videos, making the other candidate look like a crook?

That's something we don't have in Denmark.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      That's something we don't have in Denmark.
      You guys are just too polite...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        You guys are just too polite...
        I think it's probably more the result of the fact they have a lot more than two parties that are regularly elected. When you have multiple opponents, running ads attacking only one is a lot less efficient.

Comment

I put in "election results" into Google to see what's in so far, and somehow the following comes up:

ElectionResults.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I like the hand-tossed crusts. I don't really care for the deep-dish chicago pizza either. Medium for the win.

I think you just said you're a moderate...

The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

And it's over. No "blue wave". Democrats control the House, but they took it on the chin in other races. Ohio and Florida were big, big wins for the Republicans. Democrats, of course, are whooping and hollering about how this is a referendum against Trump even though they underperformed based on historical averages. Trump has to be feeling pretty good about 2020 after last night.
              Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-07-2018, 05:33 AM.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                And it's over. No "blue wave". Democrats control the House, but they took it on the chin in other races. Ohio and Florida were big, big wins for the Republicans.
                I guess you could say that there was a blue wave when it came to the House of Representatives with Democrats gaining over 30 seats (about half of the turnovers in 2010 witnessed after Obama was first elected) but Republicans actually gained 2 seats in the Senate (not anything like 2010 where the out of control Republicans gained 6 seats) and it looks like governorships will remain relatively unchanged (or a shift either way of 1 or 2).

As for Florida the Republicans won the governor's race but the Senate race is still too close to call.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So now that Democrats control the House, what are they going to do with it? Endless "investigations"? Impotent calls from impeachment? A "do nothing" anti-Trump agenda?

How's that going to play in 2-years?
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So now that Democrats control the House, what are they going to do with it? Endless "investigations"? Impotent calls from impeachment? A "do nothing" anti-Trump agenda?

With a little luck Nutsy Nancy Pelosi will be elected Speaker and walking around again with her over-sized gavel.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

We got killed in my state of Connecticut, so I walk out of the house this morning, a 20 something young lady is walking by with blue hair... Says it all...
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

That's exactly what Nutzy Nancy said they were going to do...
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Remember what I said:

I say the Republicans pick up two or three seats in the Senate, and they lose the House by about five seats...

Looks like I was pretty close...

Comment

Virginia got pretty much killed too. Except the state senate.
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              Remember what I said:

I say the Republicans pick up two or three seats in the Senate, and they lose the House by about five seats...

Looks like I was pretty close...
                              You, uh... wanna pick some lottery numbers for us?
                              "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                              Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                              Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                                Virginia got pretty much killed too. Except the state senate.
                                We did have the state senate, we lost that too.

Comment