Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I Wish The Elephants Had Trampled...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Please don't descend to JimL's level. He'll beat you with experience.
    My husband learned a long time ago to never call me silly. It raises my hackles and makes me quite put out.

Jim has had fair warning, now.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      so what you are saying is that if you want to prevent an animal from existing, killing it when it is a fetus is equivalent to killing the adult, but more "humane"

You just admitted that the fetus is a living creature of the same species as the adult.
      No, actually that's not what I said at all. I suggest you learn to read what is actually stated rather than seeing what you want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        No, actually that's not what I said at all. I suggest you learn to read what is actually stated rather than seeing what you want to see.
        We all read what you said. You just are too stupid to realize what you actually admitted.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          That's what I said. They are as morally bankrupt as you.
          Yeah, if you say so.

So, you think that "real Christians" are the ones that are compromising with the culture and accepting everything that God calls evil. Well, you can go ahead and think that, but once again, silly little boy, you are wrong, to your own eternal detriment.
          No, I think real christians are those who support political agendas that take the needs and concerns of actual living persons into consideration rather than feigning outrage about non-being fetuses.

Comment

We all read what you said. You just are too stupid to realize what you actually admitted.
            So you're saying that "they all" are as stupid as you?

Comment

Yeah, if you say so.

No, I think real christians are those who support political agendas that take the needs and concerns of actual living persons into consideration rather than feigning outrage about non-being fetuses.

Matthew 12:36 King James Version (KJV)

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Comment

Seer, you're assuming in this question that I think about the fetus the same way as you do.
                A human fetus is by definition human offspring. To deny this is to deny what is obviously true.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  A human fetus is by definition human offspring. To deny this is to deny what is obviously true.
                  Liberal Atheists love science till it comes to things like abortion or gender.

Comment

We have shown you over and over that you are wrong about what Jews believed and taught about life of a fetus and abortion. Yet in every conversation you trot out the same lies. You are a dishonest hack and a despicable person who promotes murder of innocent babies which makes you the lowest form of pond scum.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      You keep bleating about this imaginary 4000 year tradition when I have provided you sources from around the time of Christ abortion was called murder and was thought as such by those who commented on it in the early Christian Church.
                      • Sibylline Oracles
                      • Pseudo-Phocylides
                      • Flavius Josephus
                      • Didache
                      • Apocalypse of Peter
                      • Epistle of Barnabas
                      • Athenagoras of Athens
                      • Clement of Alexandria
                      • Hippolytus of Rome
                      • Basil the Great
                      • John Chrysostom

That sort of puts the lie to your claim.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        That's what I said. They are as morally bankrupt as you.

So, you think that "real Christians" are the ones that are compromising with the culture and accepting everything that God calls evil. Well, you can go ahead and think that, but once again, silly little boy, you are wrong, to your own eternal detriment.
                        You Evangelicals have so much judgemental hatred. Why would a 'loving deity' condemn a "silly little boy" (as you nastily claim JimL to be), to eternal damnation.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          You Evangelicals have so much judgemental hatred. Why would a 'loving deity' condemn a "silly little boy" (as you nastily claim JimL to be), to eternal damnation.
                          JimL calls mossrose a "silly little girl"
                          Tassman: *crickets*
                          mossrose responds to JimL's "silly little girl" comment with "silly little boy"
                          Tassman: "silly little boy? what a nasty claim!"

Comment

I could also add I Enoch, Origen, Tertullian, Cyprian, Jerome, the Apostolic Constitutions , the Synod of Elvira, the Synod Ancyra, and 3rd ecumenical council (Chalcedon) if you wish. The point being that we have a consistent record of thought spanning well over three centuries showing opposition to abortion.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

From OP to abortion derail in two replies. That's a new academy record!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                                From OP to abortion derail in two replies. That's a new academy record!
                                A derail in two replies is hardly likely a Tweb record.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment