Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Professor wants SJWs to also be considered veterans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    We went through a period when a good number of those on the left got to show their true colors, spitting and throwing garbage on returning soldiers (who were largely drafted and with little choice in the matter), calling them foul names and in some cases making it tough for them to get a job after being discharged.
    Originally posted by seer View Post
    Next time I see a flea bitten pirate I will be sure to pick up his bill! Beside all I got when I got off the plane in 72 was spit on...
    I was a liberal during Vietnam, but one of the factors in helping me see the light on the issue was the evil treatment the returning soldiers received as described in the quotes above.
    Last edited by Jedidiah; 10-02-2018, 05:43 PM.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Who can afford to pay for a snack of 40 kegs of rum and 30 tons of bacon?
      And yet you wonder why nobody offers to pay your tab

That and the stench emanating from you. Makes 's sty smell like a garden spot.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        And yet you wonder why nobody offers to pay your tab

That and the stench emanating from you. Makes 's sty smell like a garden spot.
        Things grow really well in my sty.
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          The way the US populace treats veterans comes across as pretty bizarre. In all other modern countries veterans are just viewed as run-of-the-mill citizens. To be a veteran is seen as no different than having been a teacher or a programmer. The idea of veterans getting a discount would have people scratching their heads.
          That only makes sense if everyone in a country is required to serve.

The deal is this. People that go out and face bomb, mines, guns, tanks, etc to protect the country and the people back home deserve to be honored for their service. These peoples lives are on the line while we sit back here an complain about how long it takes to get a McDonald's hamburger. I'm not sure how I understand people that would take that for granted ... excepting the case where everyone does (e.g. Israel)

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment