Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ted Cruz forced from restaurant amid Kavanaugh drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, about a dozen protesters showed up at the Supreme Court today and were doing the "white power" salute.

white power.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      So, about a dozen protesters showed up at the Supreme Court today and were doing the "white power" salute.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31939[/ATTACH]
      Heck no. That's the "womyn power" salute. Only white males are racists.
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Heck no. That's the "womyn power" salute. Only white males are racists.
        You sure it isn't the Female Nazi salute?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Only in this rigged process is it pointless. The electoral college is outdated and ridiculous, and republican gerrymandering and voter suppression is unconstitutional. But, republicans have learned that this kind of cheating is the only way they can win. 3 out of the last 4 democrats won the popular vote and yet we've ended up with disastrous republican administrations. We even ended up with Putins fav in the White House. Amazing!
          HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Crybaby.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The point of the electoral college is to allow less populated states to have a say in the election instead of just New York and California leading the entire country by the nose. This is the UNITED STATES of America. The States are who elect the president, not the number of people living in a state.
            He knows. He's just a whiny little baby whose God-awful candidate got beat fair and square using the rules we Americans all have played by our entire existence.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Both sides didn't follow the law you ditz. The courts have struck down the gerrymandering
              Which has nothing to do with a Presidential election.

and voter suppression carried out by republicans
              There has never been a case of voter suppression by the Republicans. There have been BS excuses on how laws MAY affect poor people, but a law specifically designed to suppress votes?

time and time again as being unconstitutional including that done in the 2016 election.
              Democrats have their favored suppression techniques.

Ooops, too late! The electoral college is outdated,
              No it isn't. You are just a whiny little twit whose candidate got beat fair and square, and all you can do is blame the rules.

just as is the fact that, lets say, N. Dakota gets the same amount of Senators (2) as does California.
              That's so California doesn't vote to remove all federal funding from every other state except it and New York. How can Wyoming hope to keep from legally getting railroaded out of the country?

That is ridiculous beyond belief. If there was equal representation in this country, republicans wouldn't have control of the Senate for sure, and probably not the House or the Presidency either, and we wouldn't be run by a bunch of plutocrats and their puppets.
              Translation:

Episode-19-featured.jpg
              That's what
              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31942[/ATTACH]
                One of the times that a picture really does express it better. In any case somebody needs to call the...

wambulance-liberal.jpg

...for poor widdle jimmy. I haven't seen him this upset since he knocked his bong over and got his weed too wet to smoke.
                Attached Files

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The ignorance on display in this quote is mind boggling. Do people really not understand the basics of our government?
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    The ignorance on display in this quote is mind boggling. Do people really not understand the basics of our government?
                    Of course they do. They just get butt hurt being on the losing end of it.
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      I am not so sure any more. The ignorance of the kids coming out of college is astounding. They can't even tell you who won the civil war or what it was about.

Ignorant people are easier to control.

Comment

A lot of kids have been taught it's a patriarchal system established by a bunch of dead white guys and not a whole bunch more. They also get taught that we're a democracy rather than a republic or representative democracy (look at how much push back there is here whenever anyone tries to educate folks otherwise). Of course the Senate and Electoral College aren't "democratic." That's because a democracy is a horrible system of government -- i.e., mob rule.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The question is, are the people writing such articles deliberately creating a false portrayal of the Senate in order to mislead their readers, or do they really not understand it? And then you have kids like Jimmy who mindlessly parrot those arguments, but again, is he repeating what he knows to be false, or is he a dupe?

I genuinely can't tell. This is like a corollary to my frequent observation that it is impossible to tell the difference between sarcasm and liberalism. In this case, it's impossible to tell the difference between ignorance and liberalism.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Of course the Senate and Electoral College aren't "democratic." That's because a democracy is a horrible system of government -- i.e., mob rule.
                            As the saying goes, a democracy is when 51% of the populace can vote to suppress the rights of the other 49%.

Alternatively, democracy is two wolves and sheep deciding what to have for dinner.

Comment

"The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Back then it was "elections have consequences."

Comment