Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Deep State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep State

The Jerk used to love mocking conservatives for alluding to a "deep state" (despite plenty of tell-tales); Project Veritas has gotten a few people to fess up.

This actually goes further than I was willing to countenance of the term, because I didn't think there was necessarily a coordinated effort to do such sabotage.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

The anonymous letter published by the New York Times from a supposed senior official in the White House was an admission of a Deep State.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      The anonymous letter published by the New York Times from a supposed senior official in the White House was an admission of a Deep State.
      That, too. No bets on the Jerk walking back his mockery, however.
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Where's senator McCarthy when he is REALLY needed?

Also, how stupid do these people have to be to admit this sort of stuff to strangers?

Comment

Probably has profanity although I heard some stuff bleeped out. Just be warned.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            The first one sort of obviously does.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              The first one sort of obviously does.
              yeah i haven't watched them yet but wanted to put out the warning just in case. In the case of news we can allow incidental profanity with a warning. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                That, too. No bets on the Jerk walking back his mockery, however.
                Probably still insists that the New York Times is still a, if not the only, credible news source as well.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You didn't actually check them out before posting them? How very shuny-ish of you.

Comment

Where's senator McCarthy when he is REALLY needed?

Also, how stupid do these people have to be to admit this sort of stuff to strangers?
                    Like several of them have said, "It's not like I can be fired".
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Speaking of the Deep State, and ironically from the New York Times

Source: Rosenstein Suggested Secretly Recording Trump and Discussed 25th Amendment

Source

© Copyright Original Source

This story has apparently been circulating for awhile and although Rosenstein's supporters are saying that his comment about wearing a wire and secretly recording conversations was a quip and not to be taken seriously it seems that someone asked him when he brought it up if he was kidding and Rosenstein said no and

Nope, no Deep State here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Like several of them have said, "It's not like I can be fired".
                        Pretty sure admitting you are misusing government property and not doing your job is a fireable offense, even in the government. I guess we will see soon enough.

Comment

Lol. Some of them might be about to figure out how "not fireable" they actually are.

My guess would be that this is a bipartisan issue, with both liberals and conservatives engaging in various levels of sabotage depending on the issue at hand.

150901-kim-davis-kentucky-clerk-511p_4cd71625125e0f312355303616698b47.fit-760w.jpg
                          "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                          Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                          Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                            My guess would be that this is a bipartisan issue, with both liberals and conservatives engaging in various levels of sabotage depending on the issue at hand.
                            Three examples, please, of conservatives doing similar things (and similar in magnitude) in government.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                              Lol. Some of them might be about to figure out how "not fireable" they actually are.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31332[/ATTACH]
                              A county clerk, and a tiny county at that (population 23,300), compared to scores of high level federal officials. Yeah, that's an apt comparison. smiley snicker.gif

Comment