Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Manafort fesses up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manafort fesses up.

I hope all of you are having as much fun as I am. Rachel rocks!

Another nothing-burger as far as Trump and the mythical "Russian collusion" narrative is concerned.

Source: Manafort Plea Deal Casts New Scrutiny on Lobbyists He Recruited

(In other words, 2-years before Trump announced his candidacy. -MM)https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/14/u...sclosures.html

© Copyright Original Source

So what does this have to do with Trump? Well, nothing, actually:

Source: Paul Manafort�s Plea�

Former convention delegate manager Paul Manafort, entered into a plea deal today with Special Counsel Robert Mueller for issues related to his lobbying firm and FARA registry violations. The plea has nothing to do with candidate Trump, president-elect Trump, or President Trump. Manafort agrees to cooperate with federal prosecutors regarding other issues surrounding his lobbying network and affiliates.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...anaforts-plea/

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Another nothing-burger as far as Trump and the mythical "Russian collusion" narrative is concerned.

Source: Manafort Plea Deal Casts New Scrutiny on Lobbyists He Recruited

(In other words, 2-years before Trump announced his candidacy. -MM)https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/14/u...sclosures.html

So what does this have to do with Trump? Well, nothing, actually:

Source: Paul Manafort�s Plea�

Former convention delegate manager Paul Manafort, entered into a plea deal today with Special Counsel Robert Mueller for issues related to his lobbying firm and FARA registry violations. The plea has nothing to do with candidate Trump, president-elect Trump, or President Trump. Manafort agrees to cooperate with federal prosecutors regarding other issues surrounding his lobbying network and affiliates.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...anaforts-plea/

You have no idea what Manafort knows and what he will, under this plea agreement, have no choice but to divulge to Mueller. But keep those fingers crossed MM. And btw, Manafort was working on behalf of Russia in Ukraine, not on behalf of Ukraine.

Comment

Then there's this from NPR:

npr.jpg
        https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/stat...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

And from MSNBC Legal Analyst Danny Cevallo:

And now to help put things into perspective:

Source: Manafort Deal Looks Like Good News for Trump, Terrible News for Democrats

https://www.breitbart.com/big-journa...for-democrats/

Sorry, dirtfloor, but if your girlfriend Rachel Madcow is hyperventaliting about this and hollering, "We got Trump! We finally got him! We finally got him!" then somebody needs to tell her to calm down before she breaks the hearts you precious snowflakes all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          You have no idea what Manafort knows and what he will, under this plea agreement, have no choice but to divulge to Mueller. But keep those fingers crossed MM. And btw, Manafort was working on behalf of Russia in Ukraine, not on behalf of Ukraine.
          You still don't understand how this works, do you? If a prosecutor is trying to get the small fish to flip on the big fish, he first charges the small fish with the big crime, gets him to plead guilty in exchange for a reduced sentence, and then uses that guilty plea as evidence to go after the big fish.

Now consider the fact that none of Mueller's indictments to date have so much as laid a pinky on Trump, and see if you can figure out the rest for yourself.

Comment

You still don't understand how this works, do you? If a prosecutor is trying to get the small fish to flip on the big fish, he first charges the small fish with the big crime, gets him to plead guilty in exchange for a reduced sentence, and then uses that guilty plea as evidence to go after the big fish.

Now consider the fact that none of Mueller's indictments to date have so much as laid a pinky on Trump, and see if you can figure out the rest for yourself.
            Once again, you have no idea what Manafort knows, or what Mueller now knows as a result of Manaforts plea deal. Prosecuters don't make these plea deals in the hope that the little fish "just might" know something that implicates the big fish, they make them when they know exactly what it is that the little fish has and whether it is worth the deal. It's just a matter of time, MM, just a matter of time.

Comment

Once again, you have no idea what Manafort knows, or what Mueller now knows as a result of Manaforts plea deal. Prosecuters don't make these plea deals in the hope that the little fish "just might" know something that implicates the big fish, they make them when they know exactly what it is that the little fish has and whether it is worth the deal. It's just a matter of time, MM, just a matter of time.
              What you say is true... only the "big fish" in this case isn't Trump. Read the sources I've provided, Jimmy. No point wallowing in partisan ignorance when the information is literally right in front of your face.

Comment

Comment

What you say is true... only the "big fish" in this case isn't Trump. Read the sources I've provided, Jimmy. No point wallowing in partisan ignorance when the information is literally right in front of your face.
                  I know you like to think that you do, MM, but you know nothing.

Comment

I know you like to think that you do, MM, but you know nothing.
                    You remind me of a high school student preparing for a debate who writes a note in the margin that reads, "Weak point; shout louder."

Comment

Podesta Group.... Where have I seen that before?
                      Source: NBC

link

Oh, THAT Podesta Group.

Methinks Trump is not the 2016 candidate who should be worried about this.
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Methinks Trump is not the 2016 candidate who should be worried about this.
                        "But Rachel Maddow said...!"

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          I hope all of you are having as much fun as I am. Rachel rocks!
                          Fesses up? Do you live in Mayberry or something?
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

You remind me of a high school student preparing for a debate who writes a note in the margin that reads, "Weak point; shout louder."
                            High School? THAT advanced?
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Comment