Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Funny how she still hasn't bothered to file criminal charges being that Maryland has no statue of limitations on these things.
    http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post582023

Comment

• I could say something about great minds thinking alike and all that but we're talking about a rum addled, degraded pirate one and a ... well, one great mind at least

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        an evenly split government would just end up in endless deadlocks.
        As the Founders intended.

But seriously, we're talking about the Supreme Court here. An evenly split Supreme Court might end up with a bunch of 4-4 decisions, but that just means the ruling of the lower court stands. There's not really deadlock involved here.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        So basically her entire motive was just to stop Kavanaugh and now that that has failed, she is back to normal. Pretty much what the republicans have claimed all along. It was just a ploy.
        This doesn't make sense. Of course her motivation was to stop Kavanaugh, because (according to her) the guy sexually assaulted her, it'd make sense if you thought that you'd try to stop them from getting onto the Supreme Court. What's the issue?

If it truly was as traumatic as she made it out to be, how could she just drop it? That doesn't make any sense at all. This was a life changing event according to her.
        Because regardless of how traumatic it may have been if it happened, it's ultimately a "he said, she said" case from 30+ years ago which are therefore extremely difficult to win in court.
        Last edited by Terraceth; 10-08-2018, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Funny how she still hasn't bothered to file criminal charges being that Maryland has no statue of limitations on these things.
          Being critical of her for not filing charges or a civil suit after 200 pages crowing about little evidence there is to support her claims is absurd.

'Nuff said

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            Being critical of her for not filing charges or a civil suit after 200 pages crowing about little evidence there is to support her claims is absurd.

'Nuff said

Jim

Just as absurd as her making the claims in the first place with no evidence, trying to ruin a man's career and reputation. Then "oh well! sigh.?"

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              But that is not the biggest mark against him as far as being confirmed is concerned, had he been found to be lying about his past in a job interview, he wouldn't be hired, and lying to congress, exhibiting a biased political perspective, and threatening revenge is more than ample reason to deny his confirmation to a lifetime seat as SC Justice.
              As far as I can tell, the various claims that Kavanaugh lied to congress, while not fully unfounded, are nevertheless speculative. Recently people focus on his statements regarding his yearbook and drinking, but (again, to my knowledge), no "smoking gun" has been found that definitely shows his statements were false. For example, people point to statements from former classmates contradicting his assertions about what terms in the yearbook meant (though I'll notice at least some of these are secondhand, i.e. someone claiming classmates said this rather than an actual classmate saying so), but then you'll have other former classmates say the opposite.

His claims may have been questionable at points, but it seems a pretty big jump to assert he definitely lied.
              Last edited by Terraceth; 10-08-2018, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• THIS is exactly what this has all been about....

destroy Kav life.jpg
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Just as absurd as her making the claims in the first place with no evidence, trying to ruin a man's career and reputation. Then "oh well! sigh.?"
                  Not if she is telling the truth. There is nothing inconsistent about realizing she can't win these cases. Nothing that says she is lying.

Nothing about this choice is inconsistent with her having told the truth as she remembers it. And none of us knows what the truth is here. And without knowledge of what the truth is, your comments on this element of the situation are simply without justification.

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Not if she is telling the truth. There is nothing inconsistent about realizing she can't win these cases. Nothing that says she is lying.

Nothing about this choice is inconsistent with her having told the truth as she remembers it. And none of us knows what the truth is here. And without knowledge of what the truth is, your comments on this element of the situation are simply without justification.

Jim
                    She wouldn't have to much of anything if she filed charges. The state does all the work and covers the expenses. She wouldn't have to touch a dime of all the money she was paid for testifying.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Jim
                      I'm gonna have to concur - the fact that she (and any legal team) knows that the bar in a criminal case is such that it would be impossible to meet with the lack of evidence on hand doesn't prove she was lying, in that she may actually believe Kavanaugh did this.

On the other hand, I'm becoming less convinced that she was as innocent in the incredibly hostile jackass way this was handled as I was wanting to believe originally.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I found this article to be pretty well articulated, and critical of both parties for their performance in the Kavanaugh issue. Others may also find it informative. The author pretty succinctly articulates the primary things I find wrong with each party.
                        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Jim
                          You are basically admitting she has no case and had no case to begin with because she has no evidence, so that is why she is letting it go. That means it should never have been brought forward in the first place. As it stands it is nothing but a smear campaign meant to try to stop or delay Kavanaugh's confirmation.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                            I found this article to be pretty well articulated, and critical of both parties for their performance in the Kavanaugh issue. Others may also find it informative. The author pretty succinctly articulates the primary things I find wrong with each party.
                            No thanks, I'm just gonna dig in and believe that the Democrats were low-life scumbag pinko commie leftist hatemongers doing anything to derail any conservative who doesn't worship at the altar of the slain pre-born baby.

Serious answer - some good points raised, but I left the Republican party years ago.

Comment

• And this is more where I'm ending up, after seeing and reading so much from both sides...

One Ford Narrative Too Many

Serial Fibs and Fables
                              So Many Stories

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                No thanks, I'm just gonna dig in and believe that the Democrats were low-life scumbag pinko commie leftist hatemongers doing anything to derail any conservative who doesn't worship at the altar of the slain pre-born baby.

Serious answer - some good points raised, but I left the Republican party years ago.
                                Beat you to it. I never belonged. Always have been a libertarian (that's with a small "l", not a member of that party either). I've voted for Democrats for state representative, Governor and both Houses of Congress -- they just haven't ever nominated anyone that I could vote for as president though (and several times neither did the Republicans).

Comment