Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    One of my infamous asides....

I was once accused of having an affair with a young woman named Kendall in our congregation. An older woman who lived down the street started the rumor that this young woman's car was often seen at my house for hours on end while my wife's car was not there.

As it turned out, this young woman and my wife were in business together, so Kendall would come park at our house, then ride with my wife to the various venues where they were doing event planning.

Kendall's husband, Bobby, sang in our choir, and was always right behind me when I was preaching. When he heard about this, he came to me and said.... "I have an idea -- next Sunday, you stand in the pulpit and tell the congregation you want to confess that you were, indeed, having an affair, but it wasn't with Kendall --- it was with ME!" He said, he would then step out of the choir and stand beside me and we could stand there hugging it out.

Yeah, no.

Yeah, a bad idea, but funny to hear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
      Should rape victims and their allies not try hard to stop criminals from prospering?
      Should people be accused of crimes there is no evidence they committed, with their families and careers targeted for destruction if no evidence of guilt is found? We have an innocent till proven guilty justice system for a reason, unless you care to live with the reality that at any point in time, you can be targeted for destruction by the social justice mob for a crime there is no evidence you committed.
      Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-04-2018, 05:33 PM.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        Should people be accused of crimes there is no evidence they committed, with their families and careers targeted for destruction if none is found?
        If they did indeed commit those crimes, yes. Even if a victim doesn't have evidence, their accusation can help possible future victims and should indeed harm the criminal's livelihood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          So the fact that she couldn't keep her own story straight (was it 1, 2, or 4 guys that attacked her?), that her own witnesses refuted her, that she lied about being afraid of flying, that she lied about when and why she added a second door to her house, and so on, means nothing to you?

And, no, Kavanaugh did not lie about who he was I'm high school. He openly admitted that he liked to party. That doesn't make him a rapist.
          Point of order, even Ford admitted there was no rape. He allegedly groped her and tried to take her clothes off, but couldn't.
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

If they did indeed commit those crimes, yes. Even if a victim doesn't have evidence, their accusation can help possible future victims and should indeed harm the criminal's livelihood.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              Well yes. He was a drunk and party animal in high school and college. There have been multiple witnesses to that fact. Several has testified that he becomes belligerent when drunk. Ergo it is very possible an incident like the one described could have happened and he either doesn't remember it or isn't admitting it.
              Playing the game that you're offering here, it is possible that he rejected advances she made having no interest in her and she's been holding a grudge ever since and finally had the opportunity to get her revenge. Sheesh. You're stretching mighty far here by weaving a web of what ifs to hold on to a story from someone who's credibility has started to unravel faster and faster what with her claims about the reason a second door was added to her house turning out to be as bogus as her claims she was afraid of flying (so she didn't want to come to D.C.) while regularly flying all over the place including overseas.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Gee, ya think?
                It'll be a "monster" of their own creation and one richly deserved.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Should rape victims and their allies not try hard to stop criminals from prospering?
                  Who was raped here? And if there is not a bit of credible evidence against someone should we just say, well since I don't like the man who nominated him so he needs to be destroyed anyways regardless of guilt or innocence?

Comment

I've said multiple times that justice is not dispensed based on probability but on the evidence. Not only is there no evidence to support Ford's accusation, the evidence that does exist contradicts her, including her own shifting narrative to her therapist, in her letter, and finally in her testimony.

Based on the EVIDENCE, not only can we reasonably conclude that her accusation is false but that she knows it's false.
                    I think someone recently mentioned that something like 66% of folks charged with a crime and brought to court are found guilty, so then why don't we just dispense with the trial altogether being that most will be found guilty they all are therefore guilty.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      It'll be a "monster" of their own creation and one richly deserved.
                      Not that I think it'll actually have much impact. He does do a pretty good job of being impartial, from what I recall.
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Not that I think it'll actually have much impact. He does do a pretty good job of being impartial, from what I recall.
                        That was before the Democrats gave him good reason to utterly loath liberals.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Democrats are furious that the FBI couldn't find anything on Kavanaugh. Now they're accusing them of a cover-up.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ham-whitewash/
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And if it's a false accusation, it really hurts people who have legitimate complaints.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That was before the Democrats gave him good reason to utterly loath liberals.
                              He'll still be a strict constructionist, though.
                              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Kavanaugh's op-ed, today

https://www.wsj.com/articles/i-am-an...dge-1538695822
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment